TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nerdiest Coaster/Theme Park thing you've done.

I don't have a pic handy, but I have a custom airbrushed tshirt of a generic wooden coaster being ridden by a bunch of fantasy creatures (dragon, unicorn, cyclops, cat person, Cthuhlu, that sort of thing) that reads "Airtime Junkie" across the top. The back doesn't mirror the front, but it is as if you were standing at a different spot looking at the same scene.

I'm going to get another one with a generic B&M sit down coaster with sci fi critters with the words "Speed Rider" on the top.

Nerdy enough?

Squid

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opened a coaster related website for starters. Then a few years ago, I drove all the way to Nevada for a kiddie credit that non longer existed. (Around 4 hours total travel time to Sparks.)

The shot below is as close to an onride photo as I got that afternoon.

spark.jpg.608f2be5608da55680dcf75186769c6a.jpg

Hmmm, maybe I should of called instead of just checking the website. Let's go hang out in dusty ass Reno instead!

Made a website called Theme Park Review.

Nonsense. I've seen you wear a patch jacket.

As for me, well...I made a booklet with pictures of all the roller coasters at Cedar Point, with little descriptions of each one, as a guide for my (then) wife, when we moved from California to Ohio in order to work at the park.

How's that?

Whilst retaking English Language GCSE to get a better grade, I did a presentation about Rollercoasters to a class of 15 people, I did however score a B Grade

Begging the Nemesis ride staff (my friend was an operator too, so it isn't as bad as it is about to sound) to let me have the last ride of the day and then into the maintenance shed so that I could have ridden more of Nemesis than any other member of the public (it was gooooood)

Being late fixing an NHS Out of Hours system server in a scottish location (do not want to name location.....) because I was driving past Blackpool (well, it was an extra 2 hours there and back) and wanted to stop off to ride some rides!

I think that about sums it up.....not completely over the top, but stuff you wouldn't find everyone doing!

Staying on Terminator: Salvation 16 times in a row.

Getting mildly excited, because when the exit road out of Legoland Windsor got blocked by three seperate accidents last night, the bus back to Windsor station took a shortcut through the park's 'backstage' service road.

When we used to have shop picnics at Midway Park, I would create lists for the order in which I was going to ride all of the rides. I would plan this for days in advance and usually create more than one. I think I was about eight or nine at the time...

I think that this was probably the defining moment where I knew I was a total amusement park nerd. One time, I even tried riding the rides in alphabetical order for God's sake!

Also where other young teen boys were treating their bodies like an amusement park, I actually was fantasizing about going to theme parks! Not THOSE kinds of fantasies mind you - I don't want to marry a ride, or engage in sexual relations with one, but I would frequently break out my amusement park brochures during the offseason and day-dream about the next time I got to go to an amusement park.

Whew...I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I finally have admitted I have a problem and am a total theme park/coaster geek...even though I still suck at Andy Shine's quizzes!

Is this like my 1st step to recovery???

Oh well, better than being in denial, I guess...

I just did something nerdy yesterday. I got my new colors for my braces in the color scheme for Kingda Ka (Light Green, Teal, Dark Blue, and orange).

Either that or taking my friend on Road Runner Railway last year just so I could get a credit.

Joined Theme Park Review.

Riding the little kiddie coaster at Zuma's in Knoxville Tn.

Same.

Can't really think of anything else right now, other than random kiddie credits, but Zuma's was the worst! I haven't borrowed any children to get a credit... yet.

I went through a very hardcore defunct parks phase about 10 years ago. There are photos of me standing in the (almost completely nonexistent) "ruins" of Riverview Park in Chicago, CRYING. I used to make people go there with me, and they'd be like "Wow, a bolt." And I'd be like "THIS WAS THE GREATEST PARK IN AMERICA, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Cheering when we got a kiddie coaster to rollback. It was tough, but when you get enough TPR members (that are heading to Vegas) together, you can accomplish anything.

That was indeed magical.

1. I went to the shopping center where Lakeside used to be in Salem, VA (it was on the way to visit family) and went snooping around behind the Kroger looking for evidence of the Shooting Star. I had heard the lifthill and some other parts were still back there. They weren't.

2. I asked the other 3 guys waiting for the back row of Kraken if they would go ahead of me because I had already been on the right hand side and wanted to go on the left. After the ride, they asked me if the left was better than the right and I told them I preferred the right after all and started to say something about a pop of air coming off the MCBR when I noticed them giving each other looks and realized they were making fun of me. So I kicked all their a$$es and then did it with all their wives and girlfriends. And moms. Ha! I showed them GP bastards.