TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Do you think the author's of these articles realize it was a spoof/fake article created by the marketing department?

Nope.

People in the reporting business should just stay the hell away from discussing theme parks. They literally have no clue what they're talking about a majority of the time, and that misinformation gets spread to the general public. Irresponsible news-reporting IMO.

If that was the stance reporters took, there would be no news anywhere on any subject.

Now the reports of missing limbs has made Yahoo's front page. Do you think the author's of these articles realize it was a spoof/fake article created by the marketing department?

No, and while it was a humorous story the park came up with, as soon as I heard about it I knew this was bound to happen. They can release a new story about how the first one was totally fake but there will still be people that believe it and will refuse to ride the coaster.

Is anyone planning on visiting Thorpe Park on March 31st?

I am going on this day indeed ! Actually, I'll be there on the 31st (First Drop), At Alton Towers on April 1 and at Blackpool Pleasure Beach on the second ! See you there ?

I'd heard that the media day was on the 9th, 10th was a Merlin Friends&Family day (at Thorpe) and 11th the same @Legoland. (could be well wrong about the media day, but I have a friend&family connection, so Saturday is looking good for me )

Thorpe does seem to have a fairly clever marketing tesm (the ad with the Swarw "attacking" the bicyclists was pretty good). And, lord, I've had so many people forward to me (on mention) the infamous "armless-and-legless-test-dummy" story.

Not sure if this has been posted but another soundtrack for The Swarm by this so called 'a2b media' has been uploaded to youtube and is meant to be for the Station Ambience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tepUZWHGCO4&feature=channel

If you look at the YouTube Users other video, this is fan created, he also created a main theme tune, good music, but highly unlikely to be the official.

The Official "Theme" Music has been produced and written by UK Band You Me At Six" and is Called "The Swarm" it will be available on iTunes as of the 18th March.

Thorpe park are holding no 'Preview Days' or 'Annual Pass Days' This year and they open for the 2012 season on the 15th March. The family day may in fact be happening at Chessington but i'm not entirely sure. But hope what i've said helps anyone.

I've actually got tickets for this Saturday where the Swarm will be running for the friends and family preview day. Will post some pics after.

Thorpe park are holding no 'Preview Days' or 'Annual Pass Days' This year and they open for the 2012 season on the 15th March. The family day may in fact be happening at Chessington but i'm not entirely sure. But hope what i've said helps anyone.

I've actually got tickets for this Saturday where the Swarm will be running for the friends and family preview day. Will post some pics after.

I also have tickets for this Saturday but I didn't realise Swarm would be running! It won't be open for rides yet though will it?

Ahahaha! Reading a new issue of "Men's Health" Magazine they have a "monthly guide to might" which includes on the 15th of march "a 57mph anti-depressant".

Was confused when I saw The Swarm's plans in a health magazine! haha good old merlin marketing aye.

Not sure if this has been posted but another soundtrack for The Swarm by this so called 'a2b media' has been uploaded to youtube and is meant to be for the Station Ambience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tepUZWHGCO4&feature=channel

I composed those 2 tracks as a fan project. It would be nice if Thorpe gave me a call but as andyuk200523 says, the band "You Me at Six" will be releasing a single for the ride via iTunes, which is possibly the first time this has ever been done in the World?

Edited by andybarnes84

Sneak Peak 30 second clip of the You Me At Six Song

Not sure what I think, I kinda like it, but not sure if I think it suits The Swarm, the lyrics may, but not sure about the music.....

Also Thorpe are almost ready for the VIP event, looking impressive, photos from Twitter

8sari.jpg.443ee93ddfadbbb0b1bca3e922faba4a.jpg

119801429_AnfA8unCEAA-I-e.jpglarge.jpg.4f371315419313e6d442038c3bf9a87e.jpg

Good theming on the bridge to the island