TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^&^^&^^^. Every time I read this thread. I feel like this whole thread is asking to be posted in the "Dumbest Things Said on TPR" thread.

I think that this topic should be merged with the "Dumbest Things Said on TPR" thread.

Can we just bury this thread until either anything substantial happening or until there's a good reason to have a discussion?

I think the Boomerang and junior coaster discussion has made us all painfully aware that this thread needs to die until something within the park happens.

Back on topic.....looks like something new will be coming this year, and there could be multiple new things. Also, sounds like it wont be too long until we know.

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

And by the fact attractions was added to that post I'm guessing that must mean some type of new ride.

Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of people are complaining about the park increasing it's season pass price but what people need to realize is that NYS increased minimum wage to $8.00 an hour which surely affects a theme park quite a bit!

Yeah, I think people just bitch because during the six flags era (8+ seasons ago) season passes could he had for 45$ in a four pack. Now they're 64.99$ a pass. People don't realize that inflation, and $30-40 million in investments have occurred since then.

I think Bizarro at SFNE had the mist effect when it was still Superman. Maybe it has nothing to do with the branding, the park just decided to stop using the mist.

I'd bet it was budget cuts. There's a reason why Ride of Steel only has 1 train.

Bizarro at SFNE still has mist effects...

I bet it was a budget cut too. Also Ride of Steel has two trains, every coaster at the park does. From what I heard, every coaster only ran one train this year due a dispute between managements. Maybe someone knows more or could help explain it better.

Not every coaster at Darien Lake runs two trains, Boomerang and the kiddie coasteralways ran one train. I wouldn't think the reason that the coasters at Darien Lake the have more than one train are on single train operation is that of a dispute with Herschend and CNL. I would think that the second trains are just going under refurbishment.

Do you know how Boomerangs and Kiddie Coasters work?! They have single trains for a reason! So two trains don't crash into eachother. Ride of Steel has no excuse to run only one train other than budget cuts.

I know that there aren't 2 trains on boomerang and the kiddie coaster. I thought it was pretty obvious that I meant every coaster that could run 2 trains. Guess not...

Not trying to be negative, but always remember how broadly the term "attraction" is used by parks. New rides or I guess return of old favorites would be welcoming, but I don't want certain peoples' hearts to be shattered when a new attraction isn't a ride resulting in them taking to this thread to vent their sorrows, spew wish-lists, and form unfounded claims. So please, take the term "attraction" with a grain of salt. I'm sure whatever it might be will be very well done having Herschend at the helm.

I'm going to make a bold prediction for Darien Lake in 2014 and say that we see two-train operation on Ride of Steel, Predator, and Viper. Darien Lake is in the right hands, but it just takes more time and money to clean up a mess than to create one.

Edited by ajfelice

Not trying to be negative, but always remember how broadly the term "attraction" is used by parks. New rides or the return of old favorites would be welcoming, but I don't want certain peoples' hearts to be shattered when a new attraction isn't a ride resulting in them taking to this thread to vent their sorrows, spew wish-lists, and form unfounded claims. So please, take the term "attraction" with a grain of salt. I'm sure whatever it might be will be very well done having Herschend at the helm.

I'm going to make a bold prediction for Darien Lake in 2014 and say that we see two-train operation on Ride of Steel, Predator, and Viper. Darien Lake is in the right hands, but it just takes more time and money to clean up a mess than to create one.

As much as I want two train operations for Viper, Predator, Motocoaster, and Mind Eraser, I would also like Darien Lake to reopen 'Cuda Falls and have more inner tubes for their water slides. When I went on Tornado last year it was a long wait because they like only two inner tubes for that slide!

The tubes issue was fixed this year.

PLEASE STOP with cuda, it's a very old, very problematic slide complex. Yes they are fun, but they are a safety and maintenance nightmare, and an overall eyesore for the park. They didn't reopen this season because management was sick of dumping money into it. There were grumblings of possibly fixing it, however I don't see that happening.

To add to this, stop bringing up bringing back old rides! There is a reason old rides are removed, you can't move forward by keeping old problematic rides. For the third time, please just stop.

A return of an old ride won't bring up attendance either, people want to see a new ride, regardless of the small minority who would want the old ride back. Since this is about making money they have to bring In new rides regardless, even if they are rides that are previously used it will still be new to most people who visit the park. If they do refurbishment of a ride, I doubt too many people of the GP would notice, and that is something that is considered more standard for a park and just happens without a major announcement. Really can they advertise, new 2 train operation for ride of steel! In a commercial and bring in more guests, I doubt it... New for 2014 come ride our newly refurbished sleigh ride... Don't think that would work too well...

Every few weeks I click on this thread to give it the benefit of the doubt that maybe it's on the first page because something interesting is going on and not because people keep bringing up things that will never happen... and every few weeks I'm disappointed.

So, I have been trying to find this song for a very long time, and since Darien Lake replied once via Email but never again afterwards, maybe this thread can help out a little bit. Does anyone know the name of the song at 27:02? Like I said, I e-mailed Darien and they gave me a title but no artist and the song that kept showing up wasn't the right song, and Shazam isn't doing me any good either... Thanks!

Never mind, I guess it was just my ipad that said that, I was able to watch it on my computer. But no clue on that song. I would say get ahold of someone in the entertainment department, but very few of them are full season. Once it gets closer to opening you could probably get ahold of someone.

So after a little Facebook Stalking, I found this, which based on how I read it is a semi-confirmation of the Lake Monster; But before anyone gets excited, it also kinda shows that though it may not happen in 2014, its a possibility in the future. Also it's the only time I've ever seen Darien Lake comment on or even acknowledge the fact that their guests even know what the Lake Monster project possibly is. Just thought it was worth a share...

1061293529_LakeMonsterSemiConfirmation.PNG.39cdc34ad8371018ad8dc0da72dfeffc.PNG

And while I'm at it. Back on the 20th, Darien wrote several times to guests that the 2014 Operating calendar and New attractions would be announced "Very soon" and that they were "Very excited" about it... I know from here and Facebook that the calendar was released, so what about the new attractions? Anyone have any thoughts on that?