TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Back on the 20th, Darien wrote several times to guests that the 2014 Operating calendar and New attractions would be announced "Very soon" and that they were "Very excited" about it... I know from here and Facebook that the calendar was released, so what about the new attractions? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

So, they seem "very excited" about their new ride/attraction for 2014. Well, looks like i'm going to have throw in somewild guesses!

1. A new family coaster

2. A new water park ride

^Because you didn't just completely add to it. We all know this already.

So back on track. I have a couple points to make.

First, bear valley bumper buggies and ranger are not listed on the website anymore. Now this could just be an error. But, last year Boomerang, UFO, and Raging seas were all missing from the website. Later it was obvious boomerang was a mistake, UFO was later removed, and raging seas had already been taken out.

Second, Cuda Falls has been sitting SBNO all season due to major maintenance problems. The park had given up on it. There may have been (another ) descision to save it. (Yes it has been slated for demolition before).

So with both of those said, the new attractions could possibly involving one of those three location. I'm putting doubt in BVBB leaving since DL put a picture on their Facebook recently with it clearly still there. As for the ranger and cuda, none of the recent pictures the park put up show them.

Side note, could someone perhaps find a cached version of their website from the summer to see if ranger and BVBB were listed then?

The thread popped up again...

Yes! I would like to see an Intamin strata coaster at a height of 600ft wrapped around a 800ft PoleR Coaster.

A 8,000ft long RMC would be perfect for the park because Alan Schilke said he planned to build longer coasters.

With Falcon's Fury coming in 2015, the park could totally hold a 400ft version of it.

Have I mentioned Maverick is awesome? How about a dueling Intamin Blitz coaster?

Predator is getting very rough, with the announcement of S&S 4D Free Spin, engineers can figure out a way!

Every park needs a Mega-Lite!

Ride of Steel will have a complete rehab with new trains(still using T Bar) and new paint!

The park needs a flyer! Sky Scrapper is a kick-ass ride so they need a clone!

A giant Intamin water coaster can fit into the lake perfectly!

SLC getting new trains!

Cinnamon Bread added because DL is a Herschend park together with SDC, EG and Dollywood!

Yes! I would like to see an Intamin strata coaster at a height of 600ft wrapped around a 800ft PoleR Coaster.

A 8,000ft long RMC would be perfect for the park because Alan Schilke said he planned to build longer coasters.

With Falcon's Fury coming in 2015, the park could totally hold a 400ft version of it.

Have I mentioned Maverick is awesome? How about a dueling Intamin Blitz coaster?

Predator is getting very rough, with the announcement of S&S 4D Free Spin, engineers can figure out a way!

Ride of Steel will have a complete rehab with new trains(still using T Bar) and new paint!

SLC getting new trains!

Cinnamon Bread added because DL is a Herschend park together with SDC, EG and Dollywood!

Please stop making far fetched predictions about Darien Lake new ride for 2014!

SLC getting new trains!

Please stop making far fetched predictions about Darien Lake new ride for 2014!

Um... Do you know it's sarcasm?

Herschend doesn't seem to be managing EG any longer, it's been removed from their website. Not sure if this will have any on Darien though.

One piece of good news announced on their Facebook page is that two train operations will return during the peak of the season.

As for my thoughts on possible 2014 attractions, I will not throw any more fuel onto the fire. There is no need to speculate, as any of the previous mentioned ideas could or could not be true. However, I am guessing that the announcement may be this week, as Elitch Gardens will announce their new attractions tomorrow.

One piece of good news announced on their Facebook page is that two train operations will return during the peak of the season.

As for my thoughts on possible 2014 attractions, I will not throw any more fuel onto the fire. There is no need to speculate, as any of the previous mentioned ideas could or could not be true. However, I am guessing that the announcement may be this week, as Elitch Gardens will announce their new attractions tomorrow.

Very glad to hear that two train operations will be returning. I'm wondering if they're going to attempt with the decals on the RoS trains again this year or not, I remember they fell off pretty quickly last year... and from what I heard the Viper decals didnt work out to well in the end either..

Elitch Gardens isn't being managed by Herschend anymore so I while it would be awesome for Darien Lake to announce their new attractions, I don't think we can look to EG for any hint as to when that would happen. Elitch is now being managed by Premier Parks LLC from what I see.

I'm happy Herschend still appears to have DL though. Herschend is a great company and it would be really sad to see them leave the park.

Darien Lake seems like it fits within Herschend's type of parks, or at least has the potential to fit in. With a little more work it could be, and this is a stretch, Silver Dollar City Northeast.

I agree, on that fact that Herschend is going keep Darien Lake. All it needs is some more work done in the places that could use a revamp, like the Ride of Steel and Predator area and Hook's Lagoon!

^ I'm surprised Herschend held on to Darien Lake.

Darien Lake has been doing quite a bit better than EG. I've never been to EG but it sounds like they were really struggling last year and the park even went as far as cutting back on hours. So that might be why Herschend chose not to renew the EG contract but keep Darien Lake.

I also think that Darien Lake has a lot of opportunities for expansion and updates. Plus, as said above, Darien fits pretty closely with Herschend's other parks and themes.

Anyone notice Ranger is not on the thrill rides section of the Darien Lake website?

I was just on the site and noticed that, it must have been an error!

Just like over summer when Mind Eraser wasnt listed ... yet Ironically it was pictured at the top of the page anyways.

Not really news, but I'd like to mention that I've noticed Darien Lake really doing a lot more with their facebook and twitter pages! And finally after 3 months of them being closed they removed the "The park is now OPEN for the 2013 season!" note from their website.

They've been quick to respond to most things people have posted towards them, and to my knowledge they seem pretty helpful at that. Could this be a step forward for them do you think? Because if i remember correctly they've posted a lot more in the past few weeks than they really did over summer...