TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Next time you're feeling discouraged and need a little hope, simply consider the probability that two coasters that don't exceed 100 feet, 55 mph, or 3,000 feet in track length are going to form one of the better one-two coaster punches out there, and they will coexist in a park that was brought back from the dead. Now, who saw that coming? Good for Kentucky Kingdom & for these manufacturers showing what they can do!

^ I love the smaller, better rides. The race to be the "tallest, longest, fastest" resulted in some real duds. I'm glad the parks came to their senses and decided spending $20+ million on a single ride is a huge waste of money when you can get 2 or maybe even 3 much smaller but MUCH more fun coasters!

It's at this point where all the people who complained about a "boring layout/worst RMC" are silenced

I can't wait to see this coaster in action!

I don't recall EVER seeing someone call Storm Chaser either of those. All four of the 2016 RMC's look fantastic in their own way!

This one was heavily criticized when it was first announced. I don't know why, but it was.

It's looking awesome, and I can't wait to see what that barrel roll first drop looks like.

Yes I too were reading plenty of comments casting SC in a negative light reading comments like RMC's least creative coaster! I read one comment posted somewhere saying "RMC finally does it!, they've announcement their worst looking coaster so far" HUH WTF!!! along with the usual RMC makeover hate of it's shorter, they should have kept the racing/dueling, they should have added 1000 feet to the lifthill height etc, etc lol

Anyways Storm Chaser looks awesome I too can't wait to see that drop constructed and then hope get down their to ride it next year Along with the other new for 2016 Rmc's Lightning Rod and Joker!!!

Thats too funny. I think that Twisted Colossus is the most unimaginable RMC and the ugliest. Neon blue and green, really?

Storm Chaser is my favorite layout. It reminds me if El Toro in its eleglance (for the company) and simplicity. And it's about d*mn time we saw a sole camelback since NTAG.

I have 100% confirmed that Kentucky Kingdom will be my theme park vacation next year (with a swing by of Beech Bend ), can some of you regulars give me an idea of when to plan for minimal crowds? It will be a 4 or 5 day trip.

A 5 day trip to Kentucky Kingdom? Even with Storm Chaser and Lightning Run, and the waterpark if you're into that, KK is a 2 day park at the most.

Just go weekdays in June, if that doesn't work, weekends in early June shouldn't be miserable.

Oh, and stop by Holiday World while you're at it.

It's at this point where all the people who complained about a "boring layout/worst RMC" are silenced

I can't wait to see this coaster in action!

I don't recall EVER seeing someone call Storm Chaser either of those. All four of the 2016 RMC's look fantastic in their own way!

This one was heavily criticized when it was first announced. I don't know why, but it was.

I'm betting it was heavily influenced by the ride's announcement, which put off a lot of enthusiasts at first. While other RMC's had enough of a grandiose announcement/video to make the average coaster nerd flip, SC's announcement did fall a little short. Nonetheless, people are still slowly realizing that there's another great RMC being built, and another very unique coaster within the region to ride!

I have 100% confirmed that Kentucky Kingdom will be my theme park vacation next year (with a swing by of Beech Bend ), can some of you regulars give me an idea of when to plan for minimal crowds? It will be a 4 or 5 day trip.

Try to go for a weekday, and like Woodie said, sometime in May or early June tend to have the lightest crowds of the year. The park can be boiled down to one-whole or two-half days, but be sure to get to the park some time before they open to get the most out of it that/those days (this goes ESPECIALLY if you're planning to visit the water park at all).

I think Storm Chaser was met with a lukewarm response due to the horrible animation KK released for it. Had it been a quality, SF-level animation, I think the ride would be a lot more hyped right now.

While I don't think it will be the very best RMC creation, I think it will be one of its better designs, which means it will be amazing.

A 5 day trip to Kentucky Kingdom? Even with Storm Chaser and Lightning Run, and the waterpark if you're into that, KK is a 2 day park at the most.

Just go weekdays in June, if that doesn't work, weekends in early June shouldn't be miserable.

i'm just the kind of person who enjoys a long term experience at a good park ( get to know the nooks and crannies of the coasters ) in my opinion, that's impossible to do in a 2 day trip. You gotta be there long enough to let the excitement settle, then feel like you live there as if it was your home park. That's when you can truly take in the full aspect of a coaster. I feel that when you hit that relaxed state on a coaster you have achieved the best experience your gonna get. I recently took a 5 day trip to Carowinds, by the end of the trip, i equate riding Fury to sitting in my chair at home watching one of my favorite movies. "pleasure at it's finest". And yes i would love to do Holiday World in the same trip, but time off work and budget don't alot for it. It'll be it's own trip sometime though.

I will be glad to see you at Beech Bend next year! My advice is just do not come on a Saturday they get kinda crazy especially the line for the wild mouse and do not cut yourself short on time plan on spending at least a full day. Plus if you have never rode it, the Kentucky Rumbler is AWESOME!!! Also Air Race, Vortex, SeaDragon, and hopefully some new surprises for next year!

Thats too funny. I think that Twisted Colossus is the most unimaginable RMC and the ugliest. Neon blue and green, really?

Red, brown, orange, orange, orange, neon blue / green, orange, purple / green, red, brown, brown. In that order.

I'm personally okay with a change of pace.

i'm just the kind of person who enjoys a long term experience at a good park ( get to know the nooks and crannies of the coasters ) in my opinion, that's impossible to do in a 2 day trip. You gotta be there long enough to let the excitement settle, then feel like you live there as if it was your home park. That's when you can truly take in the full aspect of a coaster. I feel that when you hit that relaxed state on a coaster you have achieved the best experience your gonna get. I recently took a 5 day trip to Carowinds, by the end of the trip, i equate riding Fury to sitting in my chair at home watching one of my favorite movies. "pleasure at it's finest". And yes i would love to do Holiday World in the same trip, but time off work and budget don't alot for it. It'll be it's own trip sometime though.

Whatever floats your boat man, but Kentucky Kingdom for five days is overkill. I know you said it won't be, but 2 days is plenty at Kentucky Kingdom. Spend another day of your trip at Holiday World and it won't affect your budget. So two days at KK and one at HW will be much cheaper than 5 at Kentucky Kingdom.

^I would assume they will be getting a season pass and intend on getting their money's worth....at least that's what I would do if I planned to spend more than 2 days at a park (like I did with Carowinds this year and Dollywood last year).