TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I found an old photo of twisted twins so I thought I would compare. I think they at least did reshape the first airtime hill. Thoughts?

Thoughts??

1.) Thanks for the comparison! It will be really awesome to see the comparison when this coaster is done!!

2.) Thank god for RMC. Not only are the coasters visually appealing, but they are so much fun to ride!!

Can't wait for this project to progress!!

also just imagine if they did keep the dueling layout....

Gwazi... please!!! Oh please RMC!!! PLEASE!!!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this Question, It's a question I'm hoping Robb maybe can answer or someone else that's on his level of inside contact/connections in the Industry, or better yet if any of your Wooden coaster building guys are here could tell my your thoughts on RMC making over one of your coasters...

So my ? is... Robb have you chatted with anyone from the Wooden coaster manufacturers such as GCII, or TGG, and gotten their input on how they feel about RMC make overs, especially if it's one of their coasters?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and I apologize if this question has been asked and or for being in the wrong place.

Also Storm Chaser's Air hill after that amazing looking drop, looks like it will have the same profile as the blue hill on TC at SFMM and that thing is

Quite honestly, this has to be my least favorite RMC, but still looks very fun

Apologies if this is considered a double post but I just have to ask??? How can this be your least favorite anything if you've never experienced it? Your going by the looks of an Nolimits 1 creation for all you know this could turn out to provide a ride that's RMC most insane yest excluding WILDFIRE!

I guess I'm different here. Like I've said before, I am most excited for this RMC, more than Wildfire, Lightning Rod, and The Joker.

If I lived anywhere near Wildfire, it may have been possible to be more excited for it. But I really admire the simplicity of Storm Chaser: it also crosses over less than other RMC's and is more of an out-and-back.

Storm Chaser may also turn out to be the cleanest looking aesthetically due to the steel-on-steel construction.

So my ? is... Robb have you chatted with anyone from the Wooden coaster manufacturers such as GCII, or TGG, and gotten their input on how they feel about RMC make overs, especially if it's one of their coasters?

That's a great question. I'm curious too.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different? They made their money when they built the coaster initially, and moved onto the next one. It's not like Great Coasters and Gravity Group are going out of business, with M&V continuing to give Gravity Group plenty to play with in China as well as Great Coasters constructing their largest installation in their history there. You can't forget about Gravity Group's kid-sized coasters and that new one in Ireland either.

Also, wasn't it Great Coasters who came in and re-tracked Thunder Run in this very park? Great Coasters might not be making many new installations lately but they are going to town with the upkeep of older wooden coasters.

That's a great question. I'm curious too.

Bumping this, as this is something I'd like to hear about as well.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different?

You don't think the designers would feel even a slight pang of loss when something they worked hard on for years is made defunct? Sure it's a business but it's not the kind of business you'd be in if you didn't care about what you made.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different?

You don't think the designers would feel even a slight pang of loss when something they worked hard on for years is made defunct? Sure it's a business but it's not the kind of business you'd be in if you didn't care about what you made.

I'm sure they'd be a bit saddened but still a bit happy that their design still sort of lived on in a way, instead of being completely demolished like they would've been if RMC came along.

Possibly. I'd be a bit disappointed but I'm not sure that I would feel any sort of disdain toward Rocky Mountain Construction, because they're in this business too. In fact, it would only motivate me to make my next design even better.

If anything I'd be more upset with the park for not maintaining my coaster properly in the first place and forcing a complete reconstruction. But, once it opens, it's technically not my coaster anymore.

GG had their biggest year yet in 2015, and GCI has still been building 1-2 coasters per season as they've always done. The demand for traditional woodies is still there especially overseas. I dont think GCI or GG is too worried at this point.

Plus Switchback I think will open up doors for smaller parks to get similar coasters with a small footprint and small budget.

I also think if this Ghostrider rehab turns out well, CF will be doing this to a lot of their raggedy wooden coasters (cough Mean streak)