TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

^ i wouldn't know as i have not had the pleasure of visiting KK yet. but at my home park Dollywood, they have basketballs, footballs, and various other prizes of schools hundred's of miles away. i've never understood why, my best guess is that maybe they just want to appeal to out of state folk, " gotta satisfy that one person looking for a UCLA basketball in pigeon forge" , or maybe they just get'em on the cheap. however, "every theme park should have Tennessee Volunteer merchandise, there can never be enough orange in the world". j/k. "Go Vols"!

^ i wouldn't know as i have not had the pleasure of visiting KK yet. but at my home park Dollywood, they have basketballs, footballs, and various other prizes of schools hundred's of miles away. i've never understood why, my best guess is that maybe they just want to appeal to out of state folk, " gotta satisfy that one person looking for a UCLA basketball in pigeon forge" , or maybe they just get'em on the cheap. however, "every theme park should have Tennessee Volunteer merchandise, there can never be enough orange in the world". j/k. "Go Vols"!

Sorry but this is all I think of when I hear anything UT...

haha sorry, Go Cats.

after seeing the announcement of The Joker, Storm Chaser looks much better in my opinion, "but neither one as sweet as Lightning Rod"

Actually, I agree. I feel like the layout is a little more ordered and purposeful, less random. And I just love the big airtime hill intro, to me that's the best way to start a ride.

Big crowds today at the park. The free drinks though were in little clear plastic cups (probably 8 oz) like you buy at the grocery store.

How are they distributed? Do they have self serve stations like HW does, or do you have to go to a drink stall?

Both. The former $1 drink stations are self serve but they will also give you a free soft drink at any food location. I am betting this stays in place for everyone next year not just pass holders.