TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beech Bend Discussion Thread

^I wouldn't think it's too odd. Isn't GCI located in Pennsylvania? For all we (or I) know they could've been shipping parts for Rumbler and saving money by transporting it themselves.

They were on I-84 in New York east of Pennsylvania.

If I remember correctly, they show the Kentucky Rumbler, Wild Mouse... and the Shock Drop drop tower they haven't had since 2011

I didn't get a great look at it since it was headed westbound and I was headed eastbound, all I noticed was the Rumbler picture but that may very well be the picture.

Beech Bend's owner Dallas Jones also owns a trucking company called Clay Jones Trucking out of Beechmont Ky. A lot (but not all) of their trailers have the Beech Bend Advertising on them, there are hundreds of them and they travel all over the nation.

As far as the Rumbler goes, the train was just completely replaced, and the coaster overhauled for the 2016 season. It's a brand new train all the way down to the frame.

• 7 months later...

Usually there are not many crowds in the amusement park, as most people in the area favor going within the water park for a majority of their time at Beech Bend. Kind of a no-brainer, given how hot and humid Bowling Green can get around May all the way through to August.

However, the greatest chances of crowds will ALWAYS be after 3:00 PM when the park offers its sun-down special. The amusement park won't tend to be packed, but Splash Lagoon definitely will be full of families looking to cool off. All in all, you'll probably encounter a crowd the same size at any other park on a regular day if it's busy.

Just a warning though: The likelihood of crowds at the park in general is only going to get larger nowadays. Beech Bend actually increased its operating hours again from closing at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, while the water park has gone from closing at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. I'm glad though the park has almost reached the operating hours it used to have when the Garvins owned the place.

That's pretty great to hear they're extending their hours! Love hearing this park slowly grow here and there. Been wanting to make a return trip since they put in the new slide complex.

• 1 month later...

Beech Bend updated their website last month, looks terrific and much more cleaner than how it previously was, it just goes to show how much the park has really pumped their heart into bringing back a local attraction back into a regional attraction. The Friday Night Lights are popular more than ever as well, since they added a fireworks show at closing time that is actually pretty decent; if you're lucky enough to snag the last ride on the Kentucky Rumbler for the night, you can get really up close when they start shooting up the first few rockets when the train is almost back to the station. Managed to experience this on the second day in June, and it was SPECTACULAR to see the fireworks going off as we were riding.

In other news, the Rockin' Tug has now been removed from the park since the park opened for the season. A shame since it was a relatively fun ride, but with how often it was closed it isn't really that surprising.

20170602_174359.thumb.jpg.77a9bde200d05d66a9132170f4a0a544.jpg

With Rockin' Tug gone, the midway feels much more open!

Made a second visit out to this park for the second time ever (since 2015) this past Sunday, and had a really good time! Park didn't get crowded, including the water park first thing in the morning. Easily rode all the slides, and enjoyed the lazy river/wave pool combo they had (which made for an adventure river thanks to them being connected! ).

Tried their new ProSlide complex and LOVED them all! Very thrilling slides, especially the wall slide Tidal Wave, which seemed to be the sleeper hit of them all! They're such fantastic additions to the water park, and they all take single-tubes as well which I appreciate!

Also got to try the new Spinning Out coaster, which actually took me by surprise at how nice it was as well. As far as family rides go, it's got enough of a thrill to it to entertain most folks young and old alike.

Also noticed Kentucky Rumbler received new green trains at some point. It has the harder foam seats found on Mystic Timbers instead of the usual Millennium Flyer plush seats. Also lost the ride's logo on the front grille. Still a fantastic wooden coaster, with some minor jarring in some spots but not enough to keep me from quite a few repeat laps! Sorry for lack of photos, I was a little too preoccupied in enjoying the park and the low waits/walk-ons I had on most rides.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

103970656_10156974452246555_2167993108241818104_o.thumb.jpg.f807fd4141c4284719fbfd994d346e24.jpg

We are excited to announce that Beech Bend Park & Splash Lagoon will be opening tentatively on June 29th! In order to provide safe outdoor entertainment and maintain social distancing guidelines, we are reducing and managing our daily capacity. All Season Pass Holders & Day Ticket Admissions will be required to make an advance online reservation. You can visit our website for our full safety guidelines.

We will be extending the 2020 Season Pass through June 29th, 2021 for passes that were purchased from November 2019 – May 2020. We also hope to add on more open days in August if school calendars permit us to do so. For season pass holders that choose not to use their season pass in 2020, the pass will automatically be rolled over to the full 2021 season.

For guests wanting to purchase a Half Season Pass for 2020, they will be available for $49.99 and good for the remainder of this season and come with 1 Bring-A-Friend Ticket plus other in park discounts.

Beech Bend Park would like to thank you for your continued support. Your loyalty and patronage mean so much to us and we are grateful for the opportunity of creating so many summer memories with you. We also want to relay a big THANK YOU to those who serve as first responders, doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, and essential workers.

Our family looks forward to entertaining your family soon.

Source

New Safety Guidelines are listed on Beech Bend Park's website.

• 2 months later...

I swung by Beech Bend on my way home today. First visit. I liked the place. Went to ride Kentucky Rumbler mainly, but rode lots of things and caught their comedy western show. We had fun. Not water park fans, so didn't venture over there.

First ride on Rumbler was good. NHRA was running at the drag strip and we saw a race as we went up the lift hill. Good little coaster for the park.

Log flume was great. We loved the haunted house. Moby Dick was fun. Solid drop tower. Had no idea of the history of Sea Dragon and got a kick out of that. Ride ops were great. Maybe 100 people in the dry park while we were there.

If you are around the area and like smaller parks, this one is good.

I swung by Beech Bend on my way home today. First visit. I liked the place. Went to ride Kentucky Rumbler mainly, but rode lots of things and caught their comedy western show. We had fun. Not water park fans, so didn't venture over there.

First ride on Rumbler was good. NHRA was running at the drag strip and we saw a race as we went up the lift hill. Good little coaster for the park.

Log flume was great. We loved the haunted house. Moby Dick was fun. Solid drop tower. Had no idea of the history of Sea Dragon and got a kick out of that. Ride ops were great. Maybe 100 people in the dry park while we were there.

If you are around the area and like smaller parks, this one is good.

Awesome! Glad to hear that! I'll be taking my first visit to the park on Sept. 13, and I heard it's a fun place to grab a few credits and ride some rides. My goal is definitely to get a ride on Kentucky Rumbler for sure.

• 1 year later...