TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^^Pretty much sums up how I feel about it too. Not at all diminishing the seriousness of what happened, which is intolerable. Joe was institionalized at Penn and as such, the whole community failed the victims, assuming Joe followed proper protocol. It really is tough to balance thoughts on success against a major, major error in judgement, especially when adding the emotion of someone losing their life partially because of it.

Is it too soon to make jokes about Joe Pa, or should I wait about 10 years before saying anything ?

But in all seriousness, the jury is still out for me on this whole situation. I do think that Joe Pa was a great football coach and did a lot of great things for the university, the community, and all of the kids who played for him over the years. However I still think that there is a lot of information about this situation that is yet to be revealed and may farther involve Joe Pa for better or worse. I think when it's all said and done Joe Pa will still be a great man who inevitably made a poor judgement concerning a situation that was bigger than he realized.

Dick Tufeld died while watching the NFL Playoffs last Sunday. And who was Dick Tufeld, you may ask? This might jog your memory.

Bob May wore the suit, but Dick Tufeld was the voice of the Robot. He started out doing radio voice work in the late 1940s, then moved on to television and cartoons (working for both Irwin Allen and Disney, as well as for other producers).

Edited by cfc

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe Whitney Houston is dead! WTF!

She was an amazing performer, who should have had an unbelievable life.

Over the years, I enjoyed her musical talent, as well as her role in the movie 'The Bodyguard'.

Perhaps if she had not hooked up with the infamous Bobby Brown, she would not be included in this awful thread.

I'll miss her, and I wish her family well.

Like Michael Jackson, she is gone long before her time.......................

That is really sad. I remember my parents loved here when she first started out in the 80s and watching her on the Grammy's was always something special. But unlike MJ, she just disappeared without doing anything else since the mid 90s and only surfaced because of cocaine, other drugs, alcohol or marriage issues. Sure, MJ had major issues as well but he was still performing and planning to right up to his last days.

Not sure how to feel about the fact that the only recent and lasting memory I have of her is Debra Wilson's impression on MAD TV.

^ Exactly. Her course of action has worked wonders for many music stars of the past:

Hendrix - Clean and sober for 41+ years.

Jim Morrison - almost 41 years.

Kurt Cobain - almost 18 years.

Bradley Nowell - 15+ years.

Amy Winehouse - 6+ months strong.

Stick it out, Whitney. This time I think you'll beat that pesky addiction!

• 3 weeks later...

Way more sad than Whitney:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/davy-jones-dead-monkees/#.T05n04cgfPY

9:55 AM PST -- A rep for Davy tells TMZ the singer died from a heart attack this morning.

----------------

Davy Jones -- lead singer of The Monkees -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

An official from the medical examiner's office for Martin County, Florida confirmed with TMZ they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.

Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and 4 daughters from previous marriages. He was 66-years-old.

Jones joined The Monkees in 1965 ... along with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork ... and together they churned out a bunch of hits including, "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

I didn't care at all about Whintey because honestly I think everyone saw that coming but this news came out of nowhere. I got a chance to see the Monkees in concert a few years ago. Only a few of the original members were left but Davy definitely stole the show.