TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Roller Coaster Dreams

I dreamed last week that I was on Goliath at SFGAm, except the trains were red, 3-row PTCs with headrests. Then the park transitioned to King's Island, and SFGAm's Goliath was right next to Flying Ace Aerial Chase. It was a very interesting dream.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One roller coaster/amusement park dream I can remember was being on a ride that was very similar to the Penguins Blizzard River at Six Flags America, yet heavily themed like Journey To Atlantis. The last drop went into a tunnel lit up in fluorescent blue lights and we arrived back to the station on a Millennium Flyer (WTF? I know). Random, but awesome dream!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I had one last night where I was in Japan riding some custom el loco with a extremely funky layout and loads of ejector air but the restraints were something like this:

aluminum_cane.thumb.jpg.11649ec549ab8bb1f6092f5421be2662.jpg

You had one for each leg but they didn't do a really good job of holding you in place so it really was one hell of a ride!

• 1 month later...

Double post!

Sorry but I nearly forgot this one:

Me and my parents were making a trip (by car) around Spain and as we approached this really deep valley I looked down and what did I spot at the bottom? A park! And then I started recognising some coasters and it was Liseberg. I remember thinking: "the Swedish border wasn't supposed to be here. Spain isn't even next to Sweden at all! And Liseberg isn't deep into a valley!". Anyway, I could see Helix's top hat and all!

Pretty weird.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to Busch Gardens in late June/Early July, and what i've been worrying about most of the time is how bad Gwazi will be, as while i've heard it's rough I still want to ride it. That worry has seeped into my dreams apparantly, as last night my dream was where I was going to ride Gwazi, but it had these weird restrains that are hard to explain, but once the ride started the restraints just sorta magically turned into normal Millenium Flyer restraints and the layout (from what I remember of the dream) was pretty accurate, and so long as I kept my back away from the seat the ride wasn't bad at all.

• 1 month later...

A while ago, I had this really strange dream about Six Flags America - a park I have never been to. In my dream's "history", the park once had an exact copy of the Cyclone at SFNE (which was the last remaining Cobb Cyclone coaster out of three identical triplets), but it was removed sometime in the 1990's and replaced by Roar. After somehow getting an aerial view of Joker's Jinx, I decided to ride Roar.

Upon reaching the station, I realized that the ride had been modified. The station was now enclosed by a square metal building. The airgates were replaced by a big, metal sliding door that would let each group of 24 riders into the station.

When the door opened, I walked in to pick my seat. The door closed behind me, and I realized that the train had not yet arrived in the station, and everybody else was still waiting on the other side of the door. There was no ride operator in sight, and the station was now decorated with weird animatronics and discarded factory equipment. For no good reason, I figured that it might not be safe to be in there, so freaked out and ran to the door. But then, the door opened, and the rest of the riders were let in. Shortly thereafter, the train had arrived.

The train was given a crappy paintjob in which glittery metallic paint had been smeared onto the train with a paintbrush. I think it was supposed to be an abandoned subway theme. After we boarded the train, an announcement was made over the loudspeaker that said "Welcome to the Tunnel Roar!". I thought "Great... Six Flags pulled a Disaster Transport."

Upon departing from the station, I saw that the pre-lift section was now enclosed in a tunnel filled with more old factory equipment. The tunnel was slower than it should be, and when we finally reached the lift hill, my alarm clock rang and I woke up.

Lol I have some weird rollercoaster dreams.

1. I sometimes I have dreams that I have these like roller skates that hook on rollercoasters, lol in my dreams I rode mean streak and millennium with just roller skates. Kinda weird.

2. Just a few nights ago I had a dream were a random dude followed me around the park, riding each ride with me then on some ride he pushed me out of the ride.

I know I have more but I can't remember them!

I find it really annoying how there is always something that goes wrong when I'm trying to ride a coaster in my dreams. A few days ago I dreamt that I had convinced my mom to ride full throttle (and even remembered explaining to her why we called it full throttle) but we somehow ended up in a sort of backstage tour inside this big building as if the ride too place indoors (in the dark). As soon as we left that place I woke up and tried to fall asleep again to see if I could ride it once and for all and I did go back to the dream and we finally headed to the queue but, once more, I woke up before we rode it and I looked at the time and realised it was too late to try and go back to sleep.

So, sometimes I'll have dreams that I'm on roller coasters, often about Goliath (SFMM) and Matterhorn Bobsleds, and I'll be enjoying the ride... until I fall off. Usually when that happens in the Goliath dreams, the dream will end before I hit the ground. However, in the Matterhorn dreams, I will usually get to my feet and start walking around the mountain, looking at all of the rocks and crystals around me and thinking that, at some point, the abominable snowman would pop out of nowhere and rip me to shreds (though I remember hearing him roar many times, I don't think I've been killed yet, thank god. )

Oh, and then a few nights ago, I had a dream where a couple of friends and I were visiting an Animal Kingdom/ Magic Mountain mix amusement park, and I'm seeing rides that I'm familiar with (Tatsu, Revolution, etc.) But as I keep walking along, I see a old, degrading piece of the first drop of a white roller coaster that I never thought was at Magic Mountain on a hill covered in dirty, creepy vines. I pass it and look forward, and I see that the area I'm walking toward is unkempt, abandoned, and flooded, with it more rusting, spooky attractions that, again, I never thought would be at Magic Mountain. The voices of the amusement park behind me eventually faded away as I walked into the terrifying graveyard of a land. I wondered where the flooding was coming from, and I saw that Kali River Rapids and an old, disgusting lake filled with moss contributed to most of the water. I kept walking, eventually passing through the water, until I got to a large, sharp rock. There, I looked past it and below it, where I realized that I was standing on the edge of a large cliff overhang. That's all I remember. T'was a strange and creepy dream...

I don't think this dream was that weird, but a few nights ago, I dreamed that I was riding High Roller at VF, but it was a spinning coaster. It had the normal wooden structure, but it had spinning coaster cars, and I was getting sideways airtime . I had one lap on it, and that's all I remember.

One time I had a dream that I was at Cedar Point and Top Thrill Dragster was completely enclosed in a building, but the building from the inside looked like a gym that is at my church, it had a basketball court and a stage.

I'm so excited this is a thread!!

I dream about roller coasters, and other rides, darn near every night.

The wierd thing is, I never ever get to ride them! (save for an occasional log ride for some reason)

Also, even though i have a great photographic memory and can remember track layouts like nobody's business when I am awake, every time I dream about them, they are completely screwed up and are usually in the wrong parks. (I'm pretty sure i was at cedar point again last night. the layout of ttd changes drastically every time, and wicked twister is always at the back of the park for some reason).

Not only that, but the coaster cars constantly fly off the track and follow me in the air while I run away! THey never land on me, but it is terrifying just the same. The odd thing is, I love, love, love coasters in real life (260+ U.S. credits) and have no fear of them!

Side note- i dream up some insane flats too (which also constantly fall apart, especially the enormous 200ft zipper-like and topspin-like flats). I love the "chaos deluxe" with its huge gondola and extensive light package or the "wings of fire" which is the bottom half of a ring of fire that spins!

^My dreams do share some similarities with yours. I do have a really good memory for layouts and sometimes they are perfect in my dreams (once I dreamt of skyrush and the only thing that wasn't right was the colour of the metal piece that connects to the lift cable and pulls the train as it was yellow, like the track, in the dream and grey in real life) but sometimes the are messed up. Most of the times, however, the coasters are in the wrong parks or some are correct and others wrong. I once dreamt that there was a park in a village in the surroundings of the place where I live and it had rides like I305, Raptor (the one at CP), Millennium Force,....

Then I rarely ride them normally because many times I can't get to do it (very frustrating), or if I do either I become lucid and everything stops feeling real or the restraints don't close and I have to hold on for dear life so that I don't fly off (which I never have). I sometimes even think: Wow the restraint completely failed! I will have to talk about this on TPR!. Once I also rode a woodie whose supports weren't finished and so it swayed like crazy.

I'm not surprised it is so hard for me to ride them as it often is hard to do what you want in your dreams but, like you, I find it strange that they are so unsafe when I do ride them as I know there are very safe in real life.

^I relate a lot to not being able to ride them. A lot of times, it's because I'm with my parents and they are still getting ready back at the hotel. When we finally get to the park and get in line, I wake up every damn time. I suppose it dates back to my childhood in real life, as we would always get to parks later in the day cuz my freakin parents take forever to do anything.

Also, every time I become lucid, my dreams go to crap and the rides disappear completely. So damn frustrating.

I also know what you mean by the wrong coasters being in each park. I dream of going to Knott's a lot and it always has the same bizarre layout in my dreams with space mountain where perilous plunge was. And every time montezooma's revenge spikes somehow spin in place with the trains on them.

This thread is very cathartic for me, because whenever I tell this ish to my wife, she thinks i'm going nuts...

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think this dream was that weird, but a few nights ago, I dreamed that I was riding High Roller at VF, but it was a spinning coaster. It had the normal wooden structure, but it had spinning coaster cars, and I was getting sideways airtime . I had one lap on it, and that's all I remember.

I recently had a dream that SFNE's Cyclone was moved to another park and converted to a huge Virginia Reel. I also got an aerial view of a really weird coaster in the middle of an arid, rural area. It was almost like a large Zierer Tivoli but with a launch instead of a lift. Come to think of it, that might be an interesting concept.

When I was younger I had a recurring dream, and I mean like every night. It was about Mr. Freeze at Six Flags Over Texas. I would always wait in the line, and finally get on the ride, pull down the harness, and we would launch out of the tunnel backwards and then I woke up! This use to happen almost every night, but I grew out of it I guess! The last coaster dream I had was about Top Thrill, and Tony

~Matthew

And now, there's actually a Reverse Blast.

I once had this dream where I went to a park that had an intamin gyro drop exactly like Drop Zone at KI, and there was a woodie that looked similar to thunder run and hurler, also there was a blue arrow corkscrew in the back of the park.