TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

•Invert- "Based on the centermost piece, and the two pieces to it's right, I bet this coaster is going to have a few inversions. Just look how the place for the supports... it sticks out an an awkward angle... something you see when they can't easily attach the support... something that would only happen if the track is at a weird angle... something you'll see on an inversion.

Page 3 of this thread

Based on the shape of the ties it is either Inverted or Flyer track, unless it's a new type...

There is one way we can confirm that it wont be an Invert. A piece in the background curves inwards and as such wouldn't work on an inverted coaster. The track piece actually looks like one used on a loop:

Page 6 of this thread
^^ It's definitely not an Invert, since the track pieces show that it will have inversion with the train on the inside, which an Invert don't do, and the connector have an angle that is very different to that of an Invert airtime hill.

Page 7 of this thread

I'm now 99% sure that this will either be a Sitdown-Looper or a Floorless coaster.

Why??

First: It's way to small to be a Dive Machine coaster, so that will rule that out.

Second: And then some pieces show that this will have inside looping elements, which rules out the Speed coaster (unless they are going beyond vertical, which is highly unlikely, it's B&M we are talking about).

Third: It's all in the track-ties.

Pictures from RCDB

Only the sit-down and the stand up have straight ties on the underside, which rules out both inverted and flying.

Final: I'm pretty sure that it won't be a stand up, since no one have built any of them for years, but then again it's is a tiny possibility.

Taken page 16 of this thread
It could be, but wouldn't they follow the pattern and use the abbreviation FC instead of just F?

MC - Mega Coaster

DM - Dive Machine

LC - Laying Down Coaster

IC - Inverted Coaster

SC - Sitting Coaster?

so

FC - Floorless Coaster

EDIT:

I'm now pretty sure that picture doesn't denote "F" as the abbreviation for Floorless Coaster. I just took a look at the "track element" codes and they all seem to share a similar pattern.

Mystery Coaster: SC-R00-TE062

Dive Coaster: DM-E00-TE002

Patriot: IC- E00-TE003

Crystal Wings: LC-E00-TE015

Taken from page 39 of this thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Awesome!
Why would VF be eliminated? It doesn't even have an invert/floorless.

Because

1. The track is not invert track.

2. VF JUST recieved a major coaster not too long ago, which eliminates the chances of it getting a coaster.

KD has been doing some sort of recent site work in the field behind anaconda near FOF on the site of the former safari monorail so that means that something's up over there....of course it's early in the season so we don't know for sure yet but why else would they have construction equipment on site already?

While SFMM is getting another coaster next year(spoiled brats) it's probably NOT a B&M as they have everything B&M makes aside from a dive machine & a sit down would be pointless there seeing as how Scream wasn't exactly a smashing success when it was added 6 seasons ago & SFI simply doesn't have the capital to afford any B&M's right now so it makes more sense to add yet another THBS clone there than a much larger,expensive ride.

Last time I checked, the land clearing occurred a while back so if it were for a big attraction, it would be REALLY big.

Now keep in mind, SF seems to be developing a pattern with building new coasters for the flagship parks. Two major coasters in a row for the flagship parks. Smaller parks receive various upgrades which may inlude new coasters, flat rides, and older ride upgrades.

GAdv recieved the tallest, fastest coaster in the world, an Intamin woodie, a DK on top of a Medusa upgrade. (and you're calling MM spoiled?)

MM is getting a major coaster (maybe a B&M prototype) next year.

GAm will get something big sooner.

Look over on kdfansite's forums for the photo,sure it's not much now with one piece of construction equipment currently on site but why else would they be doing something back there this early in the year?

SFI's plans of installing large,expensive coasters took place back in the days before Shapiro came along,ever notice how in recent years they've been scaling back their coaster installations both in size & in volume since 06?

Now keep in mind, SF seems to be developing a pattern with building new coasters for the flagship parks. Two major coasters in a row for the flagship parks. Smaller parks receive various upgrades which may inlude new coasters, flat rides, and older ride upgrades.

MM is getting a major coaster (maybe a B&M prototype) next year.

GAm will get something big sooner.

Well, you also have to keep in mind that the state of the economy and SF's debt right now is playing a key part in their expansion plans. Recently they've been building GCIs (since there not nearly as expensive as larger steel coasters), or renovating old rides, which is a really smart way to simply re-market rides. Either way, they haven't spent over 10 million dollars on a coaster expansion for about two years now, and since B&Ms easily cost upwards of 15 Million, I hardly doubt this track is for any Six Flags park. Plus Shapiro himself even said we wouldn't be seeing large scale coasters for a while.

My guess is that this track is going overseas...

SFI's plans of installing large,expensive coasters took place back in the days before Shapiro came along,ever notice how in recent years they've been scaling back their coaster installations both in size & in volume since 06?

Well, you also have to keep in mind that the state of the economy and SF's debt right now is playing a key part in their expansion plans. Recently they've been building GCIs (since there not nearly as expensive as larger steel coasters), or renovating old rides, which is a really smart way to simply re-market rides. Either way, they haven't spent over 10 million dollars on a coaster expansion for about two years now, and since B&Ms easily cost upwards of 15 Million, I hardly doubt this track is for any Six Flags park. Plus Shapiro himself even said we wouldn't be seeing large scale coasters for a while.

That doesn't mean the pattern of building two major coasters for the flagship parks cannot continue..

Gerstlauer Eurofighter or S&S El Loco anyone?

Now let's rule out SF, and keep CF, which leaves us with Carowinds, KBF, CP, and CGA.

Carowinds can get either the red track or the yellow, but considering their building trends, they may very likely receive the hyper.

CGA is rumored to get a GCI but they could've changed plans.

CP very likely they may recieve the yellow track as either a floorless or sitdown

KBF is unknown... Do they have enough room for a hyper or a sitdown, floorless, stand up?

KD - If the yellow track were to go to KD, it would be a sitdown. I have a feeling the red track will go to Carowinds, but it may go to KD as well considering their building trends.

An Asian park seems to be a very likely contender as well.

"This thread makes me want to stab my eyes out with a plastic, caramel dipped spork." (Hercules)

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes, too. Notice that my posts here aren't exactly serious. It's just a coaster...

Eric

Page 3 of this thread

Page 7 of this thread

Taken from page 39 of this thread.

That doesn't mean or prove anything. It's all speculation. Look at Great Bear's funky supports because they couldn't put footers in water...you never know. Also, they caught on to us finding out the park and made the "Customer" part a random code. Whats to say they didn't do the same to the "Part Number?" You can speculate all you want, but right now my and your guess is as good as anyone else's.

I used to be like you. I remember in the Maverick thread I posted tons of pictures and deeply analyzed EVERYTHING. All I accomplished by doing that was wasting my time. Now I just sit back, read a few replies, maybe make a couple replies myself, and patiently wait to see what it turns out to be. Changing did me wonders.

Go to:

https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click2GovPZ/Index.jsp

Search by Name: Kings Dominion

Select the project that comes up: 09 – 30000009

Navigate on the left side to "Documents"

Review the DPW documents for details

Or go directly to:

https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click2GovPZ/HTLTR/PZLTR/PROD/PZ2009/P0041850.DOC

I am not an engineer, so most of it does not make sense, but a few things are pretty clear:

1. It states "Kings Dominion 2010 Expansion" and "New Roller Coaster".

2. 3.41 acres of disturbed land

3. Mention of a Ride Photo building

4. Mention that the Park Service Road will have to be relocated

5. Mention of location near Rebel Yell

6. Lots of talk of water and drainage, a "basin" and "tail water", whatever that is. Sounds like a B&M splashdown pool.

This is NOT going to Carowinds. Geesh, they just got the much talked about Carolina Cobra (in fierce pastels). Have you all forgotten the awesomeness of a relocated boomerang with new trains?????? The Cobra should hold them over at least another decade or so.

Now THIS is something I want to follow. I wasn't expecting a coaster after all the talk of Carowinds, even Carowinds submitting plans!

But maybe CF doesn't want to look like the horse's ass by giving KD Dominator and then a new 2010 Coaster, and just giving Carowinds a re-located Boomerang to suffice.

I'd have to agree ^.KD has no chance of getting it. Sorry for all the KD fanboys out there, but considering you got Dominator last year, doesn't look like it'll happen.

2. VF JUST recieved a major coaster not too long ago, which eliminates the chances of it getting a coaster.

Not true at all. Renegade was a major coaster yes, but it only cost around 7 million. Ya know how much Diamondback cost? $22 Million Dollars. Will Valleyfair get a 22 Mil. dollar coaster? No chance. Could it possibly be theirs though? Maybe the rumored invert that's been due since before Renegade? I doubt it, but it's still a possibility.

As far as other parks, no way is CGA getting anything. Nothing has been rumored, and if anything, they'll get that GCI coaster they were supposed to get last year.

Carowinds IS a possibility however, mainly due to the fact that they recently removed their log flume with no explanation as to why, AND the fact that there has been proof through documentation that they'll be receiving a coaster for the 2010 season.

If I were to bet money on where it's going, I'd say just another park that's not in the states.

^ Awesome!
Why would VF be eliminated? It doesn't even have an invert/floorless.

Because

1. The track is not invert track.

Well, I don't understand I guess...all the CF parks will now have a new coaster from 2007-2009.

I would think the cycle would start all over again.

and Cp got a new coaster the same year we got ours. I KNOW VF is not the "star" park of CF, but I don't think its at the bottom of the chain.