TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What book are you reading.

voodoobones

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently reading The Aleph and Other Stories by writer Jorge Luis Borges. A great book definitely, dealing with many concepts including existence and infinity.

The previous book I read was The Road, a very dark, post-apocalyptic tale telling the story of an unnamed man and his unnamed son trying to survive in a destroyed America.

I'm planning to read Catch 22, soon after this book. After that, probably finish The Death of Ivan Ilyich, by Tolstoy.

I definitely recommend any book from author, Paul S. Kemp to any fantasy reader. If you enjoy more strong-voiced fictions though, 1984 and Animal Farm and Fahrenheit 451 are all great.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Life of Pi earlier today. Even though I skipped pages 50-90.

One of the best books I've ever read. Very disturbing at some times, yes, but it managed to hold my small attention span and have me thinking about the ending for hours at a time.

Highly recommended, as long as you can take a bit of gory details.

Currently on the second Harry Potter book trying to re-read them in an effort to regain the book knowledge I realized I forgot when i saw the 6th movie.

Inbtween those books I will be reading It, The sword of truth series, Game of Thrones, and other books!

Recent less known book I read that I HIGHLY recommend

The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro

It is a vampire/zombie novle, first of 3 and it is REALLY good. I pays tribute to all the greats and never in a horror novel have I had my adrenaline pumping in suspense so much! He writes (or Chuck Hogan does) some scenes so well that I can picture it as it would be in a movie and they are CREEEEEPPPPYYY. I had an case where I was reading a very tense scene where a guy was in a house and he heard some noises from behind him and my phone rang and scared the poop outta me. And I have only ever jumped at like 3 movies.

So def. recommend that.

Oh and I am just gonna throw my hate at the Twilight series, I suffered my a** off just to finish them so I could talk crap about them legimtametely lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished "Skunk Works" by Ben Rich. For those of you who don't know, the Skunk Works is Lockheed's top secret, cutting edge airplane production facility. They're responsible for such amazing aircraft as the U-2, SR-71 Blackbird, and the F-117A Stealth Fighter. Ben Rich was the head of the facility for decades, and was the man responsible for the Stealth Fighter. If you're into that kind of thing, it's filled with all sorts of interesting behind the scenes stories and politics.