voodoobones

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Anything by Frederick Forsyth:

I've read a LOT of different books/genres/authors but I just discovered him this last year (fall 2008) and his stuff is GREAT.

His books tend to involve a LOT of backstory, but by the time you get to the endings you wished he'd written even more.

Absolutely brilliant and captivating.

I'm not even joking.

^Here's an amusing commentary on the "Button" movie: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1d76506803/the-curious-case-of-forrest-gump-from-fgump44.

I recently finished Serena, by Ron Rash, an excellently written, suspenseful tale set in western North Carolina in the early years of the Great Depression. The title character makes Lady MacBeth seems like Mary Poppins (the whole book is structured like a Shakespearean play, complete with an amusing chorus of lumberjacks).

^haha. That sounds like an amusing book.

I just finished reading a book called Papertowns. It was really good. I can't remember the author's name. Its John Green I think. It had alot of buzz on Youtube, so I thought I would give it a shot. Surprisingly it was really good for a Young Adult book.

Currently in the middle of The Great Derangement by Matt Taibbi, which is an awesome book about how effed up America is. I started When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris but I'm putting that on hold for a little while. I'll probably read Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman on my plane flight to HK.

I just read The Catcher in the Rye this past weekend, and LOVED it. I thought it was witty, observant and had the most wonderful ending where everything just came together. I cried

What I loved the most was the style of it, it was so brilliantly written, you could really believe this was a real 16 year old writing.

It has gone on my "OMG MUST READ AGAIN" list.

I'm also struggling through the novel of Les Misérables, but at 1300 pages, it's taking me a while...

I just finished Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift and Shuck By Daniel Allen Cox.

I started reading Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut and Le Grand Secret (translated as The Immortals) by René Barjavel.

The first chapter of Gulliver's Travels is awesome.

I just finished Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift and Shuck By Daniel Allen Cox.

I started reading Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut and Le Grand Secret (translated as The Immortals) by René Barjavel.

The first chapter of Gulliver's Travels is awesome.

Probably one of the best satires ever written.

• 2 weeks later...
I just read The Catcher in the Rye this past weekend, and LOVED it. I thought it was witty, observant and had the most wonderful ending where everything just came together. I cried

What I loved the most was the style of it, it was so brilliantly written, you could really believe this was a real 16 year old writing.

It has gone on my "OMG MUST READ AGAIN" list.

I'm also struggling through the novel of Les Misérables, but at 1300 pages, it's taking me a while...

We read that in english class during my senior year. It was a great book, and you're right about the end. I even bought myself a copy.

Right now though, I'm reading a book called "How to hunt ghosts." Ok, so the title may be a bit bland, but I'm hooked on shows such as Ghost Hunters.