TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

The delays in getting cash infused into Freestyle Music Park by new investors means the company will close its business offices

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

....so what are you saying?!?!?!??

^Is that really necessary? I mean, it's not like this is surprising.

DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!!

^Haha, amazing!

If you go back and read through this thread, there are many posts from people telling those with actual theme park/entertainment industry backgrounds that they have NO idea what they're talking about and how the park is going to succeed and similar nonsense. Robb's "I TOLD YOU SO!" epic post was just what was needed. Maybe in the future, occasionally, people might stop and think "hmm, maybe someone with years of business experience might know what they're talking about". I doubt this, as this is the internet and all, but I am occasionally hopeful.

Still waiting for more hilarious Southern Star Amusements press releases...

dt

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

The question now is whether another investment firm or management company will be willing to repeat the mistake that the last two investors decided to try... It's like trying to patch the holes in the Titanic with a band-aid. When Hard Rock Park ( I still call it that) was be being built I never understood why build there? There are so many other better location cities. If I may say and hopefully not be wrong: Miami, Las Vegas, Houston, Memhis... Why Mertle Beach? Where pervious theme park vetures had failed (Mrytle Beach Pavillion). I thought it would be a gamble. It was a losing one.

BTW, We must be a Park downsizing trend with this economy... First, Astroworld and SFNO, then Geagua Lake, Now Kentuckey Kingdom and Hard Rock Park...

^Long story short, the place failed already as a shopping center with some attractions/shows, so the owners of the different attractions formed a partnership to screw investors in order to save themselves.

How long does everyone think it will be before we read the news article stating they declared bankruptcy and need excessive salaries for themselves to "keep trying to find investors"?

Typically in a lease situation, the Leasor has 90 days from them declaring bankruptcy to remove there equipment. If after 90 days, or whenever the bankruptcy has been settled, the equipment still remains, it become part of the Bankruptcy sale. So when FMP bought the assets of HRP then everything should of come free of debt. This is at least how it works in most states as i know a number of people who have made out from Bankruptcys when people leave there stuff behind, and they buy the assets.

DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!!

Something tells me Robb is right now that the website is down.

Andrew "See Robb's posts are EPIC" Iorio

Hey! My prophecy seems one step closer to reality:

...If they (Holiday World) won't buy new, I guess a good scenario would be if Hard Rock/Freestyle closed and they picked up Led Zep/Time Machine for $8-10M. But I'd bet FMP could sell it for more than that to someone else.

I really hope not, Led Zep was easily one of the worst B&M's I had ever been on. I'd describe it as being barely mediocre at best. Hopefully when/if HW goes for a steel ride they get a good one...

^Hmm. I was always under the impression that FMP leased the ride from B&M, and given the situation and the lack of money, I doubt they own the ride. I feel like B&M could simply call the ride back and sell it to HW that way, since that specific asset, and all the other rides, are simply leased and not owned.

I've never in my life heard of a major roller coaster being leased to a park.

^Hmm. I was always under the impression that FMP leased the ride from B&M, and given the situation and the lack of money, I doubt they own the ride. I feel like B&M could simply call the ride back and sell it to HW that way, since that specific asset, and all the other rides, are simply leased and not owned.

Thats because its a crap Idea.

Its like saying that Cedar Point leased Top Thrill Dragster, and (hypothetical) Apollo bought them up and say "We really cant afford that lease payment" and that ride gets scrapped.

It may work for a flat ride mind you... But never lease you star attraction, cause when worse comes to worse...

I did some research on the subject and I could find no instance of B&M or Intamin leasing a custom built rollercoater directly to an operator. There are numerous cases of off the shelfs and "traveling fair" coasters being leased by builders, former owners, and management companies but there is nothing I could find that gives any indication that a major ride has ever been leased.

On a totally different topic, if my memory serves me correct the Freestyle management team purchased the entire park for 25 million with assuming minimal debt from the previous owners. It seems to me that a quick profit could have been made simply by dismantling the park and selling the rides off. I know there was speculation about this happening during the previous bankruptcy proceedings, but if we see another bankruptcy or reorganization occur I'd bet $100.00 that this park will be dismantled and sold off..

Any takers?

So just to get everyone up to speed. Here's what's going on this week over at Freestyle Music Hard Rock Park...

First off, they have closed their business offices:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=412453

The management team at Freestyle Music Park announced today that

delays in funding have not deterred their negotiations with potential

investors; however, limited funds will force the company to close its

business offices until a deal is agreed upon with the current owners.

Then the website is no more:

http://www.freestylemusicpark.com/

And now it seems as though they have laid off the rest of the staff:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/freestyle_music_park.htm

Freestyle Music Park sent out an announcement late Friday that due to limited funds remaining while attempting to finalize negotiations to take on a new investment partner they would be closing their business office until further notice and laying off the remaining 30 full time staff.

“While park management continues to pursue negotiations with potential investors, we have limited funds and need to use those assets toward the goal of bringing new investors to the park,” said Freestyle Music Park General Manager Steve Baker.

So there, that brings everyone up to speed on what's going on at Freestyle. It's future is not looking promising...

Wow, well in my opinion it's over. I heard an idea on in the loop that they could run freestyle as a boardwalk type thing, pay per ride. The rides would then not get abandoned, which is what I am sure will happen to at least round about, but maybe even Time Machine. I just cant think of any parks that want a used B&M sitdown, and round about is dead due to the ferris wheel lift. Sad news, but at least the park is being put out of its mysery, or at least thats how I view it.

I'm sure, like has been said over and over again, that all the rides will be bought and transported to other parks. I mean why wouldn't a smaller park like Silverwood, Holiday World, etc etc, want a worldclass built coaster at a fraction of the price?

Edited by technfxrick