TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

^There's a reason for that, go look up Donna Frye and Journey to Atlantis. Hard Rock Park would never see the light day with people like her living in that city. I think it could have faired much better in Southern California then where it is now in Mrytle Beach. I also think now that the park has had a lot of press, next year could be much bigger for them if they can manage to market themselves right (aka a lot more) and add a few more attractions.

They must really be getting desperate now. They just announced on Facebook that admission from today through 9/7 is 2 for $19.99 ALL DAY (not just before 4 pm).

Interesting...

For those of you who have visited recently, how busy was the park?

^It seemed a little busier this month than when Larry and I visited last year. The longest waits were for Time Machine (but that was due more to operations than to crowds) and Soak'd (low capacity).

Still, it was hardly mobbed, and that was on a Saturday afternoon. By way of comparison, Mt. Atlanticus Minotaur Golf was freakin' mobbed that night (took 90 minutes to complete 18 holes).

Ok, so let me get everyones take on this!

I just checked prices for my visit on Sept 12th, and am glad to see the park will indeed be open!

The website says it will cost me 25 dollars because it is a special event.

The special event is a freedom celebration with special activities throughout the day, culminating with a LeeAnne Rymes concert at night.

I will already be on the pla,e back home by the timr the concert starts.

The odd thing is that they have blacked out all the season passholders that day from using their season passes!

So, my question, with no season passholders and it being after Labor day, its got to b dead right?

Your thoughts???

Peace, Big Mike

^ LeeAnne Rymes could be a pretty decent draw. Remember they said they had 16,000 in the park for 4th of July and from the pictures they showed the place looked mobbed.

I'm not sure how many people the theater where she will be playing holds, but I'd assume at least that many people will be in the park that day.

Just to play it safe I'd say get there for opening and get all the lower capacity credits out of the way first.

--Robb

Big Mike. It should be fairly crowded on the 12th, it is a special event. They are offering 2nd day free for the next day, so you could always come back the next day at opening (11:00) and ride anything that you might have missed.

Rob, don't believe the 100 car parking lot recaps. The park was busy pretty much every day after July 4th.

^^^^The theater where I assume she will be playing is the former Hard Rock Live venue. Interestingly enough, the stage offers covered standing space which is currently taken up by rows upon rows of foldable chairs used for the massive crowds coming to see Flip5Live! in concert...

^^Day 1 is dedicated completely to Faerie Glen and the Rock Garden. Day 2 is reserved solely for Monstars of Rock. That is why I would plan for Day 3 if I were to return...

Rob, don't believe the 100 car parking lot recaps. The park was busy pretty much every day after July 4th.

Who's this Rob guy you're speaking to?

So what you're saying is that every report I've seen post the July 4th crowd is lying about the lack of people in the park?

And even if all those reports are lying and people are visiting the park, I stand by my previous comment of "I'll really only be impressed when they can bring in crowds and still be charging closer to a full-price admission."

--Robb

When we were there on the first Sunday in August, it was so empty that we had solo rides on 4 of the 5 coasters. The only coaster we rode with other people was Time Machine and even that wasn't a full train. Then again, when you have 10+ minute dispatches on Time Machine, you're bound to build up some line.

Does Time Machine ever operate with two trains and do they ever use the pre show rooms as well?

Yes, they do run two trains- but very rarely, no the pre-show rooms were not used this season. They were set up to play music videos of that decade, but they decided to just push everyone through instead.

They must really be getting desperate now. They just announced on Facebook that admission from today through 9/7 is 2 for $19.99 ALL DAY (not just before 4 pm).

Interesting...

For those of you who have visited recently, how busy was the park?

I wouldn't say it was mobbed, but it was fairly crowded when I went. Time Machine started out with 1 train, and had a 2 hour wait by around 2, but they added a second train soon after that and you could walk right into the room where they assign your deckade. For some reason, the trains weren't following the deckade of the door you were at. (We waited at 80s door and got 70s on the train).

All other coasters were 15 minute waits almost all day. The park seemed to be very crowded around 2, emptied out SIGNIFIGANTLY by 5, but got crowded again around 9 for the fireworks.

• 2 weeks later...

The Big Mike Road Show 2009 will be making a visit to Freestyle tomorrow (Saturday) from opening at 11am until around 4pm!

Come out and say hello!

Also, feel free to post what order I should do the coasters in, lowest capacity first please!

Peace, Big Mike

I would recommend doing Time Machine first (80's is the best) then go to Soak'd. Make sure to do Soak'd early if you plan on riding it as it's lines will most likely be 30mins-an hour later in the day. After that, the order doesn't really matter. Hang Ten will most likely be a walk-on all day, and Round About and Iron Horse will probably have about 15 minute waits. Time Machine will probably range from about a 15 minute wait to over an hour depending on how many trains they have on the ride, the time of day, and the crowd level. I have seen Time Machine with a 2 hour wait with 1 train, I have seen it walk-on with 1 train, I have seen it with a 30 minute wait with 2 trains. It all just depends.

Make sure that you see the Cool Country Ice Skating Show and the Adrenaline Rush Skateboarding Show. The fireworks show is by far the best fireworks display I have seen, but I don't think they are doing it anymore. I'm not sure though.

^That's weird. I wonder if it is an end of season thing and they won't do any other shows tomorrow either.

I was at the park the saturday before labor day weekend, and lots of stuff was closed and broken, the music on Iron Horse was broken all day, the music was broken on 2/4 cars on Round About, and Time Machine's was a little sketchy at times. They also canceled the fireworks that night.