TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

^ You're right about the position of the Shock Wave station vs. the Psyclone train storage building as being in different positions. Could SFMM have kept the station building to use as a covered train storage area and moved it? Just a thought...

Eric

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both buildings look very similar though. Who knows what they were smoking in the 90's

Edit: Looking closer, the building is pretty much is the same location but moved an 30% angle. They could have just cut the footers, turned the building and rest it on new footers.

That's not to hard to do and pretty easy with a wood structure

^ I dunno, while the two photos are different positions they are very similar. That building looks like a pretty different position in the two pics. Here is a line that may help...

station1.jpg.c7eab09cf8d7b41dd8e52de38101baa2.jpg

Exact same line laid over the position of Deja Vu's sign. (Same posts as Shockwave's old sign)

station2.jpg.f2e48cc62a63ffbfc5c45d2c3356e787.jpg

Line drawn from ride sign to Shockwave station.

Terminator's footprint actually looks much larger. They took out that whole row of trees by the aroyo. It also appears that it is longer at both opposite ends of the ride as well.

Does any one know the length of Psyclone? Based on RCDB it's 5 feet shorter in height. But I couldn't find the length.

The weather was pretty bad in Valencia this weekend. Saturday was storming (lightning and heavy rain!), and Sunday was still bad in the morning. We didn't feel like dragging KT out in that, so we'll do a new update next weekend.

Sorry guys!

Yeah, I was there Saturday, and it poured half the day...what I didn't realize was that it's more fun in the rain since the lines are so much shorter and the coasters do go noticeably faster. And Colossus was running both sides, one backwards, which I hope keeps happening, as it's much better backwards. Terminator on Saturday had no progress that I could see.

The more and more I see the animation for this new coaster, the more it looks like Kentucky Rumbler. A few subtle changes here and there and in the opposite direction. I love to see when parks are building coasters, it's quite interesting to say the least.

The more and more I see the animation for this new coaster, the more it looks like Kentucky Rumbler. A few subtle changes here and there and in the opposite direction. I love to see when parks are building coasters, it's quite interesting to say the least.

How long is the Kentucky Rumbler? I have to admit I was bit disappointed by the 2800 ft (approx) that was announced for Terminator.

^ Kentucky Rumbler is close to the exact same length. Terminator is somewhat short, but to put in some perspective, it's no shorter than 2 major 2008 coasters. Ravine Flyer II and Farenheit are both around the same length as Terminator will be.

How long is the Kentucky Rumbler? I have to admit I was bit disappointed by the 2800 ft (approx) that was announced for Terminator.

I knew some things on the new site would come in handy:

GCI's rides listed from longest to shortest