TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

I visited the park today and I have never seen it so crowded. It was so bad that it was literally hard to walk around. The wait for a ride on Tele2 Insane was 2+ hrs. Of course I didn't wait that long. I'll go back on a more quiet day.

Anyway, the ride looked a LOT MORE FUN than I thought from watching videos and stills on the web. I'll definitely come back for a ride later.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in Aftonbladet that yesterday, when Gröna Lund opened, Tele2 Insane stopped a few times. The longest stop was in 4 minutes. But Gröna Lund says there is no danger. They say that they only fine-tune something in the programming.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article4994994.ab

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyheter/inrikes/article4994743.ab

I think that Swedish newspapers are more ware of the amusement parks this year. Because the last three-four years, it has been some incidents at Swedish amusement parks. For example, last year Liseberg's Rainbow crashed. So if a rollercoaster stops now, it will be headlines.

I'm going to throw something out here about the first POV posted. I have a feeling that the train wasn't full. Because the POV that was just posted has significantly less time waiting in the brakes and the amount of flipping, although never full circle, seems quite good. Lots of awkward upside down movements, and the ending with the brake run looks pretty intense. I think this ride looks pretty successful for such a small little ride. I would definitely love to try one out.

• 4 months later...
Looking at these photos after I rode Kirnu makes me realize how good this ride can be!

I had ridden Kirnu over 40 times before riding Insane and yet; I could NOT guess how AWESOME Insane would be, before I rode it! I tell you: there's no way you can predict how the ride feels. All the G's you feel are a surprise!

And I agree with Elissa. You would most probably die if it were any longer. On one ride we had about 3 seconds of 2-3 G's NEGATIVE (how awesome was that!). I felt pretty dizzy and uncomfortable after that.

I'm so sad I'm stuck here in Finland with only Kirnu...

I have to agree with Elissa and Joe. This thing was crazy. I have never felt more sick after an ERT session. After seeing how many issues it created to unbalance the cars the way we did, I doubt that they would (or should) do it again.

Seriously. The forces on it were astounding.

• 1 month later...

Am I seeing correctly, that the Starflyer would be taller than FrittFall?!?! Maybe it's just the angle. If not... it's even more insane than Insane!

Anyway, the inverted looks great! It's good to have some of the B&M goodness here in the North also.

Some random thoughts;

Its not confirmed to be a B&M but it definitely looks like a invert, some weird inversions there but I guess the 3d modelers were just n000bz. (or could this be a vekoma?!?!!!). I also wonder who would dare to go on that ~300 feet Starflyer, too lame for teens and too high for kids, doesn't appeal to anyone. Give us a S&S Swing instead, those are awsome! I hate to always whine but imo all Grona lunds attractions seems to be focused around just posivite G's (dose that make sense?) and just tossing you around, I really wished they had gone for something like a custom made mega lite instead, would fit the park better imo.

Some random thoughts;

Its not confirmed to be a B&M but it definitely looks like a invert, some weird inversions there but I guess the 3d modelers were just n000bz. (or could this be a vekoma?!?!!!). I also wonder who would dare to go on that ~200 feet Starflyer, too lame for teens and too high for kids, doesn't appeal to anyone. Give us a S&S Swing instead, those are awsome! I hate to always whine but imo all Grona lunds attractions seems to be focused around just posivite G's (dose that make sense?) and just tossing you around, I really wished they had gone for something like a custom made mega lite instead, would fit the park better imo.

I like the S&S Swings just fine, but why would Grona Lund want to just copy what their main rival just put in? Star Flyers can be a lot of fun, especially when it's the tallest Star Flyer in the world and you're in a great setting like that.

I think the reason the invert is on the table is mainly space. They don't have much to work with. I actually asked one of the owners why they didn't get an Intamin woodie and he said it would take up all the space of the new area. Not good. Anyway, this is far from finalized. So, who knows what they'll come up with in the end.

Do you understand the fight the park is going through just to get this expansion put in?

While we were at the park (which was awesome), we asked about it being a B&M, and they said that while the rendering does show a B&M style coaster, that does not mean that is what they will install.

I am sure whatever they pick, it will be a great addition. It surprises me that the coaster isnt intertwinded with more stuff. One of the things that I feel makes Grona Lund a gem is the layering and overlapping of the rides.The coaster seems to occupy pretty much the entire site.

Am I seeing correctly, that the Starflyer would be taller than FrittFall?!?! Maybe it's just the angle. If not... it's even more insane than Insane!

Anyway, the inverted looks great! It's good to have some of the B&M goodness here in the North also.

Yeah, I believe they said the starflyer would be 150m tall which is verging on insanity (especially near open water...)

These guys seemed to really like Intamin, so I'd assume that they will try and go with them again if they can compete with whatever B&M/Vekoma are offering.

^To add to what TPDave said, these guys are smart.

They told us they bought three different rides over the last two years from three different manufacturers to see what each was like. They are not very experienced in park stuff so this seemed like a good idea. They bought a coaster from Vekoma (jr. slc in training), S&S (Tranan), and Intamin (Insane).

Then they said they would see what was popular with their guests, ops, and maintenance personnel and buy from that company again.