TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

The big lift for the top hat is about to start! Looks like they have a 50 meter and a 80 meter crane on site, as well as the crane that is always on location.

But I really wonder what this suport is for, surely it's not meant to be there?

Helix.thumb.png.327a954539000cc4dc15a6df2b8cb30d.png

If you look now instead, you can see that they have moved it to near it's final destination.

Where you see it in the image you posted is where it was lifted from the staging area where they have moved all the supports (and track?) neccesary for the lifts for the top-hat, so that they are in easy reach for the construction.

Go here to browse the web-cams for large image sizes: ftp://213.115.150.61/

In other areas: Friction brakes in the station were installed yesterday, the final footers nears getting poured (just the final piece of the form left) and there have been more supports put up around the helix area, some of them are for the exit of the Zero-g roll.

current.thumb.jpg.ca293acc315c5e9c462bd0cfaf5add63.jpg

Many big cranes today.

If you look now instead, you can see that they have moved it to near it's final destination.

Where you see it in the image you posted is where it was lifted from the staging area where they have moved all the supports (and track?) neccesary for the lifts for the top-hat, so that they are in easy reach for the construction.

That is very interesting, I don't think I have seen it done like that on any other ride I've followed construction on.

^ I knew it from this image posted on the unofficial FB page. I'm pretty sure it's not as unusual as you might think, maybe not on such a large scale, but it still beats waiting for parts, or you can more easily change the order of installation if necessary without waiting for the different part to arrive.

1912469_707272049294823_591436675_n.jpg

I usually don't post images from this page since I'm not a fan of his way of getting these images (at least some of them).

Two images from the official web-cam and one image from the unofficial FB page.

Not much to go now, I bet that they will complete it tomorrow as planned. Judging by the first image below then it looks like there will be some more support piece that will attach to the big support that is currently supporting the track end going down (EDIT, now when they have completed the other big supports, then it looks like there is a connection on the top of that one as well, so there might be some beam going across between he two maybe, will have to see tomorrow).

So a part from that there is just 4-5 track pieces to go until it's done.

This massive structure is a very big contrast to the rest of the ride, I would almost say that it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of Helix. The rest have a small and sleek support structure that blends in well with the hill, this however is just enormous and complex. Hopefully it will look better once the greenery turns green in the spring. It will on the other hand give a new dimension to Lisebergbanan, not to forget all the interesting head/arm choppers you will experience when riding Helix.

(This time I'm happy to post an image from the Unofficial FB page since it's clearly taken from outside the park so no worry about being allowed to or not).

893892_708274502527911_2143815493_o.thumb.jpg.157f852c45231523983f118a6e58ebc7.jpg

It's MASSIVE!!

Untitled2crop.thumb.jpg.fea77c518e95ce281a38752c9a5ce01c.jpg

Cropped image for a closer look. Not really much to go now, just the piece hanging from the big green crane. After that it's more or less just a few pieces of track until this puppy is done :)

current2.thumb.jpg.8d19e73edcd428ea8e4a6e3835041729.jpg

Overview of the construction site, so even if they use a lot of manpower and extra cranes for the Top-Hat, the smaller RCS crane is still installing small supports to be able to get going on the next segment to be installed.

current.thumb.jpg.e9c9e92393ffdd8cae766ef6bc2d1fa4.jpg

Done for today!!

Helix Blog Update - "Viritual tour"

Since there were several people that had shown interest for the IRL walk earlier, then Liseberg decided to make a "virtual" version of the walk, and made an interview with the people that were on site and made the presentations at each location so that everyone that want to can have a look and hear what they had to say.

Unfortunately for most of you here, then it's all in Swedish, but it still gives you some great views of the constructions going on at the moment.

Ride experience

Station area

Technology and safety

Landscaping

Source: http://projekthelix.se/virtuell-rundtur-av-helix/

The tophat and pretzel loop will get huge...

Will this ride have a single rider line? I find the one at Europa's Blue Fire highly recommendable and would love to see it here also. Sorry if this was already answered before but searching for "single" got no fitting results inside this topic...

^ I'm not aware of Helix having a single rider line, if it have then it will be first ride to have one at Liseberg, so in that aspect then I don't expect one.

The only ride that I know of where Liseberg ride-ops are usually calling out for single rides is Kanonen, but that's to improve the capacity somewhat.

Since the stations at Liseberg is pretty open and there are usually a good number of people in them, you are never given a designated seat/row, then it's not really hard to find a slot if you are a single rider. So to implement at single rider queue would require them to make up a new system that might make the situation worse, since a badly managed single rider queue is way worse than none at all.

I will forward this question to Liseberg to see what's what with a single rider.

About the one on Blue Fire, then sure I would easily recommend it, if the normal queue is way to long. But also here it depends a lot of who is managing the the queue up front. Last time I was there they had two people alternating designating the rows on Blue Fire, one managed to keep the single rider flowing good where as the other one didn't, he was instead trying to match up the people in the queue to keep the single slots full without single riders

^ LOL, I was so going to post that image, saved it down to my computer and everything

Oh well, here it is just needing to be bolted into place.

Will post images from the blog, because I bet that Lisa is out taking a load of images right now. Still there will be a big update coming your way tomorrow

current.thumb.jpg.ff98f457d3a53ca3639bec1961c585cb.jpg

Wiiii

Looks way bigger then I first imagined it to be when I saw the renderings of it.

current1.thumb.jpg.961e47ac77ec2fe17263e97e0cb93227.jpg

And there it is, a completed inverted top-hat <3

I'm sure that the actual riding experience will be amazing but I can't help but feeling a bit worried about how it looks. I just feel it's too messy and it doesn't really work with the surroundings, which is a total bummer. Hopefully they can kind of "mask" the supports with foliage and stuff. Because, as it looks right now, the scale doesn't really work. :c

BUT it'll still be an awesome ride!

What's with the support connectors at the top of the inverted top hat supports? It doesn't seem like any more track or supports would be installed on that structure.

Just a guess...maybe it's for a sign or banner of some sort?

What's with the support connectors at the top of the inverted top hat supports? It doesn't seem like any more track or supports would be installed on that structure.

Just a guess...maybe it's for a sign or banner of some sort?

Yeah I thought about them myself, will ask tomorrow when I'm there

Would be pretty epic with a massive Liseberg sign