TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

People dribbling basketballs.

^This!! Ugh - just irritates the crap out of me. Irrationally so, I'll admit - but it does.

I'll go along with this, and throw in groups of people who mill about like goats in front of a ride entrance while 1) waiting for one of their party to show up or 2) deciding whether they want to ride.

Family or groups of friends gathering directly in front of the entrance and/or exit of a ride annoys me the most. It's worst when you have to push past them because they don't see or hear the flow of people trying to get through, or they do and don't react...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, theres only two things that really annoy me to the point of not enjoying my visit:

1. Insanely overcrowded parks. Yeah Yeah, I get it...theme parks will be crowded. But when every ride is over an hour wait including food (cough cough kingsisland cough) and there isn't any room to maneuver down the pathway, I just get frustrated and it will ruin a trip.

2. Socially retarded coaster enthusiasts. Aka (that guy).

I have never been one to correct GP on stats, interrupt conversations with pro tips or interesting facts so I guess when I see a dude wearing a fanny pack do it, it's still shocking to me.

Now, I am obsessed with rolleroasters and have been for over 20 years. When I see THAT guy in line, and notice that he sees my Beast hoodie or Fury 325 beanie or what have you, I silently beg him not to start talking to me.

I

When people say something that is completely untrue... like... I am in line for a trabant at a carnival, person behind me, I rode this ride at Darien lake last week... Darien Lake does not have a Trabant and never did have one, ever. So I guess extreme stupidity would be the most annoying thing. I am no where near an expert on rides, but if you were at a park recently, the difference between a trabant and whatever other ride you mistaked it for is very obvious.

People who do nothing but complain about the park they are in, heard this so many times, if you don't like it then why are you there? Especially if you don't like it so much that you are complaining in every single line. Tell your kids no, and go somewhere else. Save up your money to go to another park and stay in a hotel if you hate your local that much. Stop making everyone else's day miserable, the guests are there to have a good time and yes some people might actually like the place for different reasons. Yes theme parks are expensive, all of them are, if you can't afford it don't go. Yes they have expensive food, all of them do, bring your own food if you don't like the food, all parks in my area have the option to leave and re-enter and most allow food within the park so that is not a problem.

Haven't really had a problem with the basketballs in my area thankfully.

Basically, I am annoyed when people don't follow simple logic. Don't smoke in line, don't line jump, be respectful to others, and there shouldn't be any issues. I don't have a single problem with people playing games like Heads Up in line. Lines can be slow and painful sometimes, and it helps pass time (I'll even admit that I do it when lines are really bad). Just don't be extremely obnoxious about it where everyone else in line is staring at you.

^ THIS is why I wish they'd re-open the little "sideshow bar" in a closed arcade during Playland's season.

And not just open during the PNE itself, for two weeks, and Fright Nights. Also only two weeks and ticketed.

Please let the adults imbibe one. Or three.

^ THIS is why I wish they'd re-open the little "sideshow bar" in a closed arcade during Playland's season.

And not just open during the PNE itself, for two weeks, and Fright Nights. Also only two weeks and ticketed.

Please let the adults imbibe one. Or three.

. . . and so do I!

I think one of the most annoying things to me is when you are stuck in line in front of, or behind someone who thinks they know EVERYTHING about theme parks, and anything theme park related... When in reality they are full of SH!T. AKA: The GP.

For Example: You are stuck in line for Titan at SFOT, and one person from the group in front of you is trying to convince everyone they are with that Titan is the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world. That its supports had to be drilled 1,500ft in the ground to support the 500ft drop when the wind blows. Or that only 5 people have ever died on the ride, but it is safe to ride now because Six Flags put seat belts on the trains to keep more people from flying out on the 500ft drop. . . Even more annoying is when everyone in the group is going along with it saying things like "Yeah, I heard about that." Or "OMG! WAS THAT THIS COASTER?!?! I THOUGHT IT WAS BATMAN!! I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN RIDE THIS ANY MORE." UGH.

Seriously that entire conversation happened last time I was at SFOT. I swore I would never wait in another line again. I can not handle the sheer stupidity from people sometimes. It's even harder to just stand there and not say anything to them, because you know it will end up in an argument, and it will be like arguing with a brick wall. Ugh, thank god for parks having VIP Tours, because I can't handle waiting in line with the GP anymore.

I don't count people having heart attacks or anerisms or the like as dying on the ride. They were going to die anywsy. Dying on a ride means you fell out or hit a crossbeam. Even the guy who got decapitated when he got his phone didn't die because if the ride.

People talking on lift hills. Giving stats or commenting on how high we are getting.

Overreacting and constant screaming the entire ride just because.

I rode millenium force as a single rider next to this typical ACER dude. THE ENTIRE RIDE he was doing on board commentary as if we were filming for discovery channel.

"Okay we are going up the 310 foot lift!"

"And the first overbank!"

He even shouted out "airtime!!!" Over the hills.

I wanted to strangle him

When you're on a dark ride, people take out their phone, take videos, use flash, scream unnecessarily or talk to other people really loud etc. I was on Indiana Jones at Disneyland and this group of people were yelling really loud the entire ride, constantly using flashlight to film videos and take SnapChat videos while commenting about the ride. Ruined that one ride for me but I've been on it like 10 times. However I feel sorry for whoever experiences Indiana Jones the first time with a group like that.

People talking on lift hills. Giving stats or commenting on how high we are getting.

Overreacting and constant screaming the entire ride just because.

I rode millenium force as a single rider next to this typical ACER dude. THE ENTIRE RIDE he was doing on board commentary as if we were filming for discovery channel.

"Okay we are going up the 310 foot lift!"

"And the first overbank!"

He even shouted out "airtime!!!" Over the hills.

I wanted to strangle him

It was Robb!

I find enthusiast that feel the need to correct someone in line that is saying some wrong fact or tidbit. It's embarrassing and rude IMO. I'm pretty sure the fact that you correct them on, they will forget the moment they get of the ride or leave the park. It's not hard to mind your own business and just look at TPR on your Phone or what ever you do while in line for a ride.

I'm also not a fan of Enthusiast that push people out of the way to grab a single rider seat or enthusiast that think they know the best way to operate a ride and try to correct a ride host that has been trained to operate the ride.

End rant.

*Loud whiny kids

*Rides with the rule that the adults can't ride without a kid

*"No Single Riders" rule

*Smokers smoking in places in parks where smoking is not allowed in

*Arcades with nothing but claw machines

*Drunks doing stupid stuff in parks

*When a ride that I really want to ride is closed

Overzealous park enthusiasts (or as most people call them, "enthusiasts".

Teenagers, especially those who travel in herds.

Overzealous teenage park enthusiasts (No need to worry about these traveling in herds, then seem to only be found in isolation).

One time I saw a group of typical fat millennials with colored hair and feminism merchandise at Great Adventure. They were very loud and annoying. I'm sure the names EL Toro, EL Diablo, BatMAN, and SuperMAN were very problematic and triggering that day...

For some reason I doubt it... I'm with you on disliking obnoxious or entitled people but try not to be too judgmental and make assumptions when you didn't actually see anything happen.