TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I also don't think the Scooby building is big enough for Justice League and would require a big expansion...and I don't see it fitting the theme of the boardwalk. If anything I could see Rockville becoming DC Universe one day with Superman + Batman and turning the big "school" show building into a Justice League. Would be a perfect place in the park for another major ride really (along with a boardwalk coaster) as there's nothing major back in that last 1/3 of the park, as where you have Rattle on the right side and Superman/Batman in the middle.

Judging by the fact they ripped up all of the pavement in front of the school, I'm thinking you're right on point.

The area in front of Rockville High is used for the "Holidays in the Park" Christmas tree and accompanying lighting ceremony. I wonder if construction is planned to be finished by then. There's a nearby scare zone during Fright Fest (and Rockville High itself is taken over) so this will impact traffic patterns then, too.

I doubt it. They wouldn't add two coasters in a row, and there would be large land clearing by now.

The "Tx 3" teaser makes believe that the addition will be a flat package. Possibly a Larson Loop, an Air Race, and a looping Frisbee model that was rumored. All of those rides go upside down though, so they will probably add at least one that doesn't to balance it out.

I doubt it. They wouldn't add two coasters in a row, and there would be large land clearing by now.

The "Tx 3" teaser makes believe that the addition will be a flat package. Possibly a Larson Loop, an Air Race, and a looping Frisbee model that was rumored. All of those rides go upside down though, so they will probably add at least one that doesn't to balance it out.

Is it hard being that stupid?

Well we only have to wait a few more hours until we find out!

3 New Thrill Rides Coming in 2016 At Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Major Boardwalk Area Enhancements Feature New Guest Amenities

Prepare for sensory overload as three new mind-bending rides anchor an exciting new Fiesta Bay Boardwalk in 2016 at the Thrill Capital of South Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Guests will find themselves looping, spinning, and soaring as they experience the new high-adrenaline thrills on Fireball, featuring a massive 7-story looping frenzy; Hurricane Force 5, where riders take on the power of a storm and swirl round-and-round while soaring high into the air; and Spinsanity, the ultimate whirling adventure for daredevil riders.

“The entire Fiesta Bay Boardwalk area at Fiesta Texas will undergo a spectacular transformation in 2016. The three incredible new attractions will bring completely new types of thrills for our guests, as will our new culinary and interactive games offerings,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “The new Boardwalk will have all the excitement and ambiance of a favorite seaside getaway.”

Headlining the 2016 roster of thrills is a Texas-original, Fireball. With its unique seating pattern, Fireball will deliver an unanticipated weightless swirling action as guests encounter:

A “face-off” with 24 riders seated face-to-face to begin their journey;

The thrill of being rocketed both forward and backward, through a bedlam of loops;

Being suspended upside down 72 feet in the air.

Another distinct offering in this new trio of thrills – Hurricane Force 5 will rotate both clockwise and counter-clockwise with guests sitting on motorcycle-like seats facing outward. This giant 24-passenger hurricane-shaped disc will arc from side to side on an almost 5-story high half-pipe track while rotating at 14 revolutions per minute. This innovative attraction is a first-of-its-kind in the state.

A third new attraction, Spinsanity, will send riders spinning, twisting and rolling through a cycle of classic, thrilling fun. This modern adaptation of a traditional Tilt-A-Whirl will provide more panoramic, unobstructed views and will be unveiled the same year as the 90th Anniversary of the original boardwalk favorite.

In addition to these three new thrill rides, the entire Boardwalk area will receive additional guest amenities, including new, brighter facades for all current Boardwalk offerings; new food and games locations; and refreshed wooden planking underfoot throughout! For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.ZRqIP3Jz.dpuf

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.a9113de38aecdd304847eece82300b58.jpg

greezed_lightning_train_concepts-1.thumb.jpg.85803f64732d187eb49c61ada8215b1b.jpg

greezed_lightning_train_concepts-2.thumb.jpg.88784d404c104d667690a6042e6109ce.jpg

greezed_lightning_train_concepts-4.thumb.jpg.cdf928ae5505ef45a0e4167edb953769.jpg

sfft-combo-ka.thumb.jpg.f2a8489bfda1b24ae702b7f71da5ad09.jpg

sfft-fb-ka.thumb.jpg.300b9d5f73e892862899971bf30bd8fa.jpg

sfft_mega_disco_theming_and_colors_081015-1.thumb.jpg.6b33dc792b8e8a762b0d3747dbb31a8c.jpg

sfft_mega_disco_theming_and_colors_081015-2.thumb.jpg.1f9ecdec8ca734e045ac073bb64f5ec5.jpg

sfft_mega_disco_theming_and_colors_081015-3.thumb.jpg.ef519d198ee406e733b685d4caedc1f9.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I'm actually really happy with this addition because there isn't many spinning flats. Also, I understand why nothing too significant was added because I really feel like they are going to focus more on the Boardwalks Appearence which makes me very happy. The Boardwalk was starting to show its age but now with fresh colors and new wooden planks it should be back to looking brand new. Now it would of been funny if they would of been forced to do this if an overweight person tried stepping on the boardwalk and one of the planks broke on them. I can't wait to see how the improved Boardwalk looks! As for Frisbee, it had a good run and it will be missed, but it's time to move on. I'm surprised we've gotten Sky Screamer, Iron Rattler, Bahama Blaster, Batman, and now this! On another note is Bahama Blaster still the worlds steepest slide. If it is it doesn't get enough recognition. Sorry for spelling errors for it is early in the morning.

With Frisbee leaving and SS Overboard already SBNO, this is really a one-ride expansion compared with the Boardwalk's heydays. Still, I'm amazed at the extent of the refurb. A lot of planks needed replacing (and where replaced last year) but not all of them! I wonder if they're switching to something synthetic to lower maintenance costs. I sure hope their repainting extends to the Ferris Wheel as it really needs it.

I can't wait to take my kids on the classic Tilt-a-Whirl.

Also, I'm super excited that they're redesigning the Scooby Doo loading area to add capacity! That was very, very badly needed!!! I hope the enhancements are made during the park's Jan-Feb closing because my last ride had more effects working than I've ever seen before, and I was hoping to repeat it soon during the low September and November crowds.

if your a previous Deluxe Dining Pass member, will our passes automatically upgrade to Gold Dining Pass now? don't see any info on that. been paying monthly for my family but don't see any info regarding that. thats they way it happened last year, as long as you continued to pay it monthly and didn't cancel anything, you were upgraded automatically.

My question is that the revamp of the boardwalk is this gonna take a year or 2 for this? Reason I'm asking because coaster con will be at fiesta in 2017 and when there at a park usually means a coaster ,so my other qustion is could they be saving there $$$ for a wooden coaster behind a lot of plot in boardwalk area and btw 2017 will be there 25th anv, so I'm thinking there gonna go big!!! Could I be wrong, I expect great things in the next 5 years!!!now that we got Mr. Neil Thurmond former boss at majic mountain !! I say we're in great hands!!!come on 2017

My question is that the revamp of the boardwalk is this gonna take a year or 2 for this? Reason I'm asking because coaster con will be at fiesta in 2017 and when there at a park usually means a coaster ,so my other qustion is could they be saving there $$$ for a wooden coaster behind a lot of plot in boardwalk area and btw 2017 will be there 25th anv, so I'm thinking there gonna go big!!! Could I be wrong, I expect great things in the next 5 years!!!now that we got Mr. Neil Thurmond former boss at majic mountain !! I say we're in great hands!!!come on 2017

A) SFStL will host CC2016, and they're getting a Super Loop, of which isn't even being marketed as a coaster (a good thing).

B) Shapiro had more to do with SFMM's excessive period, and i'm sure Neil understand that his current park's demographic is different.