TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

X2 cost $46 million dollars. Six Flags will probably never spend that much on a coaster again. The last time they spent over $20 million for a coaster was back in 2006. I'm sure this'll be a nice coaster, but I doubt it'll be $20 million nice. One can hope though. Six Flags might surprise us all...who knows.

^I remember that during IAAPA 2012 or 2013 (not sure) in the S&S interview they said that they would like more of those to be purchased even though they knew they were pricey, so yeah, probably still expensive.

This is why I feel that cedar fair has the whole "get the park you have to look nice before building any huge new roller coasters" down better then six flags.

Except for the whole taking two years to paint Magnum, three to paint Millennium Force, two to paint Talon, only painting the parts of Volcano and Anaconda that faced I305 when it opened, etc.

The quarry area near the drop off for passangers coming to work ;can a model such as Leviathan be set up there?(Canadas wonderland)

The Station/Queue can be set up where that empty space is in front of the frisbee and next to Pandemonium?

It can probably be custom and fly through the trees that sit up there.

The space i'm talking about is identical to the picture which lays on the east side of the park.(near White Water Bay)

Its Just an idea. I think sixflags would have to apply for a permit.I believe that would add some more acres to the 200 acres the park itself already owns. I don't know if they would invest in that. But the area is un-touched ,theres no traffic,its 100ft above the parks ground level and in all honesty it would be a great addition the park.

PicsArt_1407294043528.thumb.jpg.daffabeae9704119680a234973e608c1.jpg

I hope they don't re-theme Rockville. Six Flags won't put enough into it. I don't even want to see another Batman ride or cloned flyer. They can clone Xcelerator and it's themeing. It goes great with Rockville.

Ugh I hope they don't retheme Rockville. Hopefully it's just a renovation like the recording says and "store fronts are now available". So something makes me think that it'll still be Rockville next year.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. I really don't think we will see a Gotham City retheming. If I read back correctly this idea started because someone saw Goliath in the background of a picture and said, hey, it's a batman clone; we must be getting Gotham City. The whole idea is kind of a stretch. I still think it's going to be Rockville, just what the new attraction is, presumably a coaster, is still a mystery at this point. The park hasn't teased anything recently so I'm getting a little eager to see what else they have to tease. The term "flying" is a very broad term, I don't think it necessarily means a flying coaster but I would love to see a flyer at the park. It's definately something Texas could use considering we don't have one.

I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize it but ever since X Flight was added to SFGAm we've been somewhat waiting for a clone of it to be added to another SF park. Could this new ride be it?

Consider the similarities. X Flight is in no way a large coaster in terms of height hence the height of the balloon coud represent the height of the first hill. SFGAm removed the Great American Raceway antique car ride to make way for it much in the same way as Fiesta Texas is doing and the footptrint seems about the same size.

Maybe Project 2015 could be the S&S free spin coaster that just got announced for next year

But then again, the article said it'll be open by April, and we all know Six Flags isn't capable of opening a new coaster in April