TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Well, supposedly the Star Flyer was never intended for 2013, but the park thought that it would take a long time to get all of the approvals needed for a Star Flyer that will end up being around 400ft. The zoning boards, and all the other boards approved quicker than they planned, which caught the park off guard (especially since the town is so strict). Not once in the plans did it say the Star Flyer was coming in 2013, but everyone assumed it. Anyway, back to the 2013 announcement. Six Flags New England posted this onto the SFNE Online facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/sfneonline

I like how now every single wooden coaster "should get the RMC treatment." Would Cyclone be big enough to make it worthwhile?

Everyone that I know in the Coaster Enthusiast community wants the RMC treatment for Cyclone, but I agree it's tough to say if it's worth it. I think they could pull it off, but they also might be better off tearing it down one day, and putting a GCI in it's place. Plus, they might have extra space left over for future flats.

I like how now every single wooden coaster "should get the RMC treatment." Would Cyclone be big enough to make it worthwhile?

Actually honestly, I think Cyclone at Six Flags New England is pretty much one of the best candidates for Iron Horse, along with maybe Mean Streak now that SOB is going away.

Not every ride that needs the RMC treatment should necessarily be done with Iron Horse.

I think Cyclone would be a good fit for Topper Track, with a restoration of its original layout. The ride was wicked enough in its original form, it doesn't really need overbanked turns. Just bring back the classic.

I think Cyclone would be a good fit for Topper Track, with a restoration of its original layout. The ride was wicked enough in its original form, it doesn't really need overbanked turns. Just bring back the classic.

:nina:

I miss the old layout.

Not every ride that needs the RMC treatment should necessarily be done with Iron Horse.

I agree. Exactly this.

I didn't find Cyclone to be rough at all, and when I rode the trims were completely off. The one thing on that ride that hurt were the final brakes. I hated how you slam to a complete stop.

The Cyclone is a classic and I would rather keep it that way then give it the Iron Horse renovation.