TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Considering the person in charge of Haunt chain wide is from WOF, is there any doubt why WOF's is the best?

But what about the scary farm. The scary farm though.......

Like I said, some will say Knott's. Some will say WoF. It's really hard to see how amazing WoF's until you go.

^ I'd have to say that the Family and Children's expansion for SFOG trumped WOF 2016 expansion.

How? Because SFOG is getting a Aqua Twist with their's? Big whoop.

Even with the new stuff in both areas, they still have fewer kiddie rides than WOF

We all have to admit, SFOG murdered our announcement. 12 new rides vs 5? Give me a break!

^ I'd have to say that the Family and Children's expansion for SFOG trumped WOF 2016 expansion.

Even with the new stuff in both areas, they still have fewer kiddie rides than WOF

We all have to admit, SFOG murdered our announcement. 12 new rides vs 5? Give me a break!

I know right.. I mean... God... 5 new rides?? Why?! Why waste the time and money??

They could have built a new Dippin' Dots Stand instead...

No, because it looks so much better. And you cant beat a kiddie area themed to DC Superheroes! And it also helps that this kiddie expansion is going into a park that has a better collection of Coasters as is.

Am I seriously the only one who doesn't hate the new additions next year? I mean, it's not like a coaster was even rumored to come next so what was there to disappoint. You know, maybe they are saving up to get something big, but still getting smaller things in the process. Also, flying scooters are really fun. That is what is holding my opinion so high of this addition.

^^^ Yes, I am honestly very disappointed in the 16 addition. Was I expecting a Coaster? Of course not. But a new thrilling flat? That would have been great. A new mild flat? That would have been great too. An addition that we already had a couple of seasons ago? No, that is not great. Now had they announced this addition along with something the park is actually needing and lacking, that would have been different. It has been almost ten years since I have been to WOF and the only things that were added that would catch my attention is Prowler and Steelhawk. That's worse than SFStL track record of recent addions.

In doing research on Knotts dark ride the ride length is 600' long. Now considering the coaster refurb being Timber Wolf and the family addition nearby the dark ride could be nearby. Still not sold on Thunderhawk removal though I could be wrong. Is the old arcade large enough to house the attraction? Would it need expanded? Would Cyclone Sams be possible with addition, and NO I do not want another removal. Relocation of Sams if they keep it indoors with a/c but just dont it happening. What building exists at WOF that could house a 600' ride or longer since I am speculating on one ride installation area. I would love to see a mild chance morgan coaster/dark ride combo similar to Canadas Wonderland. It would fill several needs for the park within budget, but it will more than likely be similar to Knotts in mechanicals only. Any thoughts on what ya'll think keeping within reason of WOF budget?