TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Had an amazing experience at Haunt opening night. Actors were all great, even ride ops were friendly and good which is unusual. Lines not too bad 60 minutes for Asylum and only 15 for the other two houses I did Lore of the Vampire and Blood on the Bayou.

On Bayou's note, incredible house with a ton of amazing effects and one really, really good jump scare. Once actors get 100% into the roles (there were a couple in this particular house that didn't seem to care at the time) it'll be up there with Asylum quality wise.

^it's fall. It happens every year

I go several times a year and always go during Haunt and have never encountered this. Granted, I usually go to Haunt around mid-Oct. This is the earliest I have been, since my weekends are all booked up in October.

^To clarify that, from RMC's Facebook Q&A, a question about working at a Cedar Fair park was posed, and RMC's page replied, "We would love to work at Cedar Point!!!"

To me it's interesting that they didn't just provide the standard, "We'd love to work with any client that contacts us." And that they specified Cedar Point... it's all very interesting, even if it is nothing.

And to the OP, no that's completely false. Never did they say they are planning on working at CP or that anything is confirmed.

All though it would be awesome, I seriously doubt it will happen. It would kinda be a bit cheeky to do the exact same super successful thing as your biggest competitor. I feel that's the only reason why they don't work with them. RMC is the perfect manufacturer. Cheap, low maintenance, highly marketable, and an amazing ride experience.

All though it would be awesome, I seriously doubt it will happen. It would kinda be a bit cheeky to do the exact same super successful thing as your biggest competitor.

lol, what? I feel like we've been over this too many times on so many threads. The reasons Cedar Fair hasn't immediately jumped into bed with RMC will never be known to us enthusiasts, but it is likely due to simple logistics with how they plan out their investments. RMC is still a very new and innovative company. Given their success, they will work on Cedar Fair attractions soon. It is a question of when, not if.

All though it would be awesome, I seriously doubt it will happen. It would kinda be a bit cheeky to do the exact same super successful thing as your biggest competitor. I feel that's the only reason why they don't work with them. RMC is the perfect manufacturer. Cheap, low maintenance, highly marketable, and an amazing ride experience.

The only thing that is "cheap" about the company is that they allow parks to market a transformed coaster as a new attraction for only 1/2 the cost. The products RMC provides, are anything but low-budget.

The only thing that is "cheap" about the company is that they allow parks to market a transformed coaster as a new attraction for only 1/2 the cost. The products RMC provides, are anything but low-budget.

Well I'd argue that Outlaw Run ($10 million) had some of the best value I've ever seen in a coaster. But I think prices have gone up since then.

The only thing I meant by cheap is that they don't cost parks too much money. Example of that would be Outlaw Run. It's a very large and innovative ride, but it only cost 10 mil. These conversions that they do probably cost around 4/5 million.

The only thing I meant by cheap is that they don't cost parks too much money. Example of that would be Outlaw Run. It's a very large and innovative ride, but it only cost 10 mil. These conversions that they do probably cost around 4/5 million.

A hybrid conversion costs the park about 10-20 million depending on the project. Storm Chaser will be about 12-13 million.

Does anyone know if Knott's Screaming Swing is being relocated to WOF? Maybe where Thunderhawk was located? Not sure of it's footprint. Since Omegatron's departure it would a good swing, even it doesn't go upside down.

Most likely not. WoF seems like it doesn't want another upcharge. That's why they didn't order a Slingshot.

Does anyone know if Knott's Screaming Swing is being relocated to WOF? Maybe where Thunderhawk was located? Not sure of it's footprint. Since Omegatron's departure it would a good swing, even it doesn't go upside down.

Most likely not. WoF seems like it doesn't want another upcharge. That's why they didn't order a Slingshot.

I don't understand why the swing would have to be an up charge attraction. The Silver Dollar City one is free, and so is Cedar Point's. I just assume it won't be coming to WoF because it doesn't exactly have the capacity the park would need.