TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

And I do know alot of people who do in fact love SOB, some of them have ridden over 300 Coasters too, and it's not like they're favorite rides are Texas Rattler, Texas Giant, Mean Streak, Physclone, and other coasters known to be bad.

I have ridden 90 coasters and Mean Streak and Texas Giant are really rough coasters. But I think it is awesome because that is what a classic wooden coaster reads to me. I have yet to ride SOB this summer in August, hopefully it will be open.

I rode SOB last year and I didnt find it rough at all. Now I dont find many rollercoasters that rough. The only coaster that was just horribly rough to me was Drachen Fire. S of B IS boring as hell but I dont think it should be torn down. Racer is one that is totally boring to me but I am a size fanatic when it comes to coasters. SofB is no more rough that its daddy. If I lived there and visited once a week I would ride SOB. The arrow coaster was more rough to me than SOB. Now the coaster i rode the most was Adventure Express. Now that sucka surprised me. I am not a fan of inversions at all so I actually love woodies more and I am a bigger fan of terrain coasters like THE BEAST and VOYAGE. I do agree SOB is extremely boring but i would ride it again and again if there was no line. The only woodie worth standing inline for is El Toro first and Voyage 2nd. Son of the Beast isnt even on my list of favorites but I dont think it should be torn down and it is NO more rough than any other coaster I have ridden. If you hold on and brace yourself and stop trying to prove to the world that you are daring by holding your hands up, SOB is an alright ride. I rode is 7 times in a row and wasnt sore at all.

Just a thought from when I was there on the TPR Midwest trip...

Any ride that takes your on ride photo before the lift hill is going to be trouble! I don't know if its still there but yeah, that's a bad sign.

I like rough woodies, a lot. Jenn and I go out of our way to ride them. SOB was really horrible. I swear my ribs hurt after riding that.

The on ride photo is now where the loop used to be on the small airtime hill. Supposedly the reason the on ride photo used to be next to the lift is because thew wires wouldn't reach the station at most places, and so they had it right before the lift, cause people look up and see how high it is. I thought it was a really dumb play for an on ride photo. It should be on the bottom of the 214ft. drop.

I rode SOB last year and I didnt find it rough at all.

I rode it the first year it opened and I thought it was the roughest ride i've ever ridden. However, this year I rode it and I didnt think it was that bad. On the otherhand, it hurts the chest more than anything for some reason. I still think its a rough SOB though haha. That says a lot because I have a high tolerance for rough rides.

Something is up. The State of Ohio is investigating.

Kings Island has shut down the Son of Beast roller coaster amid a state investigation.

The Ohio Agriculture Department, which oversees amusement park ride safety, confirms an investigation is underway into something involving the ride.

The state will not say what sparked the probe.

A spokesperson for the state does confirm the ride was shutdown voluntarily by the park.

Calls placed to Kings Island within the last half hour have not yet been returned.

*runs to get marshmallows and chocolate bars.*

I already have the graham crackers...

-James Dillaman

Just replace Glazer with SoB and you have a nice tune to go along with that. I would join the singing, but I dont think I'll ever get the chance to ride it.

A woman claimed she suffered a head injury on May 31st. She contacted the park on June 16th. That's why it's closed.

-James Dillaman

Yep. I just saw that. Cincinnati.com is reporting it's an alleged head injury.

A woman claimed she suffered a head injury on May 31st. She contacted the park on June 16th. That's why it's closed.

-James Dillaman

Hey Puppet Pal Cliff, what ride knocks people out?

I don't know Puppet Pal Mitch, what?

Son of Bonk.

Hmmm... wouldn't this make this the 3rd accident on SOB?

I say we start a petition to have the ride destroyed.

My friend said shes suing the park though. In my opinion, id sue CF, not KI, and whoever built SOB. How they havent been sued for all these accidents is beyond me.

Hopefully the state of Ohio finds somehting wrong with it and will have it torn down or something.

I thought CF had a lawsuit against the contractor that built SoB after the major incident in 2006... maybe I was wrong?

-James Dillaman

Paramount's filed a lawsuit after the ride was build due to Structural Difficulties. But i do not think a law suit was filed after the accident, since it was a pre-existing condition.