TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^All i have to say s, the new GM worked at the park during Paramount days in the Finance department..............................we may not be in for some good rides to come in the next couple of years folks

Time for Son Of Beast 2.0! All asides joking congrats to everyone who got a promotion!

I still think Banshee is one of the more beautiful coasters out there

I agree. It's definitely one of my most favorite to look at and watch cycle. The awesome logo, the mild themeing, the Banshee cry before the drop, and the B&M roar really give this coaster some personality.

Why didn't I hear the banshee cry

I'm sorry but this gave me the biggest laugh I've had in the last two days. Granted I haven't been laughing that much and I'm not sure why this in particular tickled me but thank you sir.

I still think Banshee is one of the more beautiful coasters out there

I agree. It's definitely one of my most favorite to look at and watch cycle. The awesome logo, the mild themeing, the Banshee cry before the drop, and the B&M roar really give this coaster some personality.

Compared to the other coasters in the park, I think Banshee gives the biggest "big boy coaster" vibe out of them all from its sound, speed, and intensity. Not to mention the sheer size of it all.

Video (screenshots from the video) creds to the parks instagram.

IMG_4175.PNG.53d651daf46aa8dab5fcf4f295875091.PNG

Lift is done! and curious as to why the drop, and prelift have what looks to be anti rollbacks.

IMG_4176.PNG.80511a3a3ffb39d76b93cc417ce74e6b.PNG

Turn over lift is taking shape

IMG_4177.PNG.22851a9aec7b42d8b990c5a6b75e6c18.PNG

Plummeting down towards white water reservoir

IMG_4178.PNG.e04ef2770b2079fce56ffe53ccf5c460.PNG

Looking out towards white water

IMG_4179.PNG.eceb10883332831ad94afa5c45f09072.PNG

honsetly have no idea where this is lol

They aren't anti-rollbacks because they're in the wrong direction, but I would agree that it's their track construction guide. I think they'll install two planks side by side as Cedar Fair did with Gold Striker, and what they've added on many other of their wood coasters now.

This project looks more and more promising with each new photo. I feel like this is one of the more "overlooked" additions for 2017, and it looks to be shaping up to be one of the better additions. Can't wait for more updates, and I can't wait to try it out next season!!

This project looks more and more promising with each new photo. I feel like this is one of the more "overlooked" additions for 2017, and it looks to be shaping up to be one of the better additions. Can't wait for more updates, and I can't wait to try it out next season!!

Ditto. I'm planning on taking the last week of June off work and visiting Kings Island during my 2017 amusement park trip.

True story... People were saying this same thing after actual pictures of Storm Chaser started coming out, after ripping on the ride based on the animation. Yet, I thought SC looked great from the animation, and felt the same way about Mystic Timbers! People need to start trusting my intuition about these things!

I am going to be making a trip down to KI, taking my three oldest kids for their first time there, early in the season, and I can't wait to get on MT with them!

I'm a huge fan of wooden coasters, and I have really enjoyed all the GCIs I've ridden. I want to love Mystic Timbers, but I don't see any big hills after the lift hill, or any twisted turns that would get me all excited. In the recent interview with Adam House, he said this will be a crazy coaster, like Ghostrider and Gold Striker. Is there something I'm missing? I sure hope so. Thanks.

I find it hilarious that happened because it has caused enthusiasts to cry so much. It also benefitted me because I didn't have to wait in a long line of nerds to take my 3 year old on the ride after that happened.