TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I think im the only one that noticed that the promo video is made with Theme Park Studio

Really? That is awesome! I am glad it is not another Wing Rider.

I'd definitely take an inverted over a Wing rider, too.

So I finally watched the actual onride POV rendering. Granted this is only a rendering and the real thing could behave much different (much like how I didn't expect that much out of Gold Striker which actually left me surprised), the first few elements appear to feel 'floaty' up to where we hit the batwing-ish element. Batwing and upward turn (reminiscent of the upward spiral on CGA's Flight Deck) appear to pack some good continuous forces. Actually, on CGA's FD, that's the one part that causes me to gray out. The final quick helix looks to pack a bit of forces, though rather quick due to it's smaller size.

All in all, this looks like it could be awesome!

Pretty much the same way I interpret the layout. Looks very floaty, boring, and sleep-inducing in the beginning, and the zero-g roll is taken very slowly (something I find very prominent on non-Stengel "new school" B&Ms). Batwing, upward turn, and final helix look to pack a punch though!

This coaster looks absolutely beautiful, love the color scheme and the layout. And I am for sure happy this isn't a wingrider, thank god, we don't need two in Ohio.

I think I might actually be more excited about this than I was for GateKeeper, hoping all my expectations for this coaster are granted. Good going King's Island, love it.

Love the name, logo, color scheme--really everything on the marketing side of the ride.

The ride itself leaves me somewhat less impressed. No complaints, really; I just fear this will be another "good but not great" B&M. With all of the elements existing on such a grand scale, I'm curious if the ride's pacing will feel overly drawn out and lethargic.

The inline twist reminds me a bit of Gatekeeper's return keyhole element, which is taken at a similarly slow speed and provides a fun amount of hang time, IMO.

The most negative TPR member. Nothing in Ohio is ever good enough for the Gizmo!

I'll take this all as complimentary from an Ohio State fan.

I'm guessing you were bullied as a child and possibly as an adult:( I hope things are better now:)

Anyway, I think Banshee looks great! Good for Kings Island.

The brake run looks long enough to handle three trains, though one of the renderings shows a train at the top of the lift, presumably one in the station, but no train on the brake run. Hmm...

I noticed that too, the break run looked super long.

I was just about to edit that [again] because I watched the POV videos and it looks like the simulation is just running one train so the second bit of my post is void. But yeah... Fairly long brake run on a lengthy ride, I'd actually be surprised if they didn't run three trains.

Loving it! The logo is sweet, the purple and blue color scheme looks awesome (yay, no red), and mostly Kings Island finally gets a zero-G roll! Seven inversions is more than any other coaster in the entire region, at least since Shock Wave at SFGAm bit the dust. I'm very happy for Kings Island, they needed a ride like this!

I had wondered if B&M were going to use the wing coaster restraints and I'm glad they are despite how they tighten. Maybe that will be resolved with Banshee.

The brake run looks long enough to handle three trains, though one of the renderings shows a train at the top of the lift, presumably one in the station, but no train on the brake run. Hmm...

I noticed that too, the break run looked super long.

Since there is no MCBR, they probably need a large brake run to use 3 train operation. Just like GateKeeper which has a larger than normal brake run.

Well this is amazing!!! The part I'm shocked about is through out the pov it shows theming the entire way. The theming is headstones. Also Cedar fair THEMED a station!!!!

I'm all for horror theming--looks like something from an old Universal flick.

Well this is amazing!!! The part I'm shocked about is through out the pov it shows theming the entire way. The theming is headstones. Also Cedar fair THEMED a station!!!!

I'm all for horror theming--looks like something from an old Universal flick.

I'm starting to think this Matt Quimet as CEO of Cedar Fair is genius

I think im the only one that noticed that the promo video is made with Theme Park Studio

So was it TPS that was used to make this? If that's the case, I'm even more excited now for it to come out!

It was not a game. It is 3D Studio Max. Done by the same person who did Gatekeeper and all of the *GOOD* park animations for the past decade or so.

Edited by Invertalon