TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I agree they'd be capable of building such a ride, but consider who's asking them to build it. Do we have any reason to think CF would ask them to make it intense? As far as I can see all evidence points to the contrary.

Raptor I'd for sure consider old school and intense. As with Talon. They also asked for I305, no?

As far as I know of I305, Intamin already had the compact giga designed. It didn't take much to sale CF on it as Busch Gardens has a no compete clause with B&M.

^That's just filler text and and filler images (known as dummy text and dummy images). It's what goes in to set up the design of a site and then you go back and modify it. The "latin" is lorem ipsum. It's just filler text that goes in text boxes when designing sites.

Either way, if this wasn't a "teaser" to throw people off, then this is the second year in a row at Cedar Fair that a page went up early when it wasn't supposed to.

^That's just filler text and and filler images (known as dummy text and dummy images). It's what goes in to set up the design of a site and then you go back and modify it. The "latin" is lorem ipsum. It's just filler text that goes in text boxes when designing sites.

Either way, if this wasn't a "teaser" to throw people off, then this is the second year in a row at Cedar Fair that a page went up early when it wasn't supposed to.

Exactly, the website is too "half-done" to be a fake. It looks like it was accidentally published early. I do want to see some renderings of the layout though.

I call decoy.

Why would they send silver combs with hair in them to media, when that is exactly key attributes to banshee's in mythology?

Has nothing at all to do with a Bat. I think the park is just stirring up enthusiasts for fun. Three days ahead, they would probably have that website done with by now for the launch and not so "rough".

Edited by Invertalon

This certainly was a mistake as the page now goes to a 404 error. All other Cedar Fair parks redirect back to the main page. Seems like someone accidentally hit "Publish" instead of "Save."

Now it reverts back to the Social Media page.

But if you really want to go the 404 route. www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee also goes to a 404 Error page.

Who knows? haha

This certainly was a mistake as the page now goes to a 404 error. All other Cedar Fair parks redirect back to the main page. Seems like someone accidentally hit "Publish" instead of "Save."

Now it reverts back to the Social Media page.

But if you really want to go the 404 route. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee also goes to a 404 Error page.

Who knows? haha

Banshee and 2014 are the only 2 that revert to 404. Hmm.. not even Bat does it. Maybe this is them trying to trick us. XD

Regardless of whether or not this turns out to be the actual ride when revealed, I doubt that it was published by mistake, when information leaks in Hollywood a common trend is to release little bits of information from varying sources, some reputable, others not so much. This leads to greater speculation as to what is true and what is not and builds hype. It is possible that info leaked and Cedar Fair threw up this page to set the community on fire, which it has.

Perhaps the Bat and all that stuff is real but I don't think it's a wing coaster. I think that's just a distraction. I think the blue prints are real and it's an invert. I hope it's not a wing coaster. I wouldn't mind it but....blah an invert would be much more fun I feel like.

I agree with the decoy thoughts... the description on the second photo is not... exciting enough...

GateKeeper:

Soar on the wings of Cedar Point's guardian of the front gate when you climb 170 feet and perform a wing-over drop maneuver, sending you on a 2-minute, 20-second adrenaline rush!

Fly through acrobatic turns and rolls as you coast up and over the park's main entrance. GateKeeper's trains then "thread" riders through two keyholes - built into giant towers that now provide a stunning first impression as you enter the park.

Diamondback:

Slither your way around 5,282 feet of steep drops, twists and turns through 10 acres of terrain at speeds up to 80 miles per hour with a spectacular splashdown ending to give you the ultimate thrill on one of the top-ranked steel roller coasters in the world.

This fake description lacks sparkle....

Perhaps the Bat and all that stuff is real but I don't think it's a wing coaster. I think that's just a distraction. I think the blue prints are real and it's an invert. I hope it's not a wing coaster. I wouldn't mind it but....blah an invert would be much more fun I feel like.

I completely agree. I doubt it will be an Invert, but I still have a shred of hope.

I don't think that web page is real. Just screwing with us for fun. A 199 foot lift hill? They could have marketed the first B&M wing coaster to reach 200 ft., and B&M stops one foot short? C'mon!

Edited by ilrider