TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Until they add something else, I'd only say KI is worth going to on either A) A dead day during the week in spring B) During Halloween Haunt. C) Whenever TPR friends are in town

If we do get a Leviathan 2.0 in 2014 I'm hoping it will be worth it. I'd rather have a Rocky Mountain Coaster. Not that there's anything wrong with giant B&M's; I love Raging Bull, SFOG's Goliath, and Diamondback all about the same. I recognize the differences but really they're all about the same.

^It's not that it's infeasible it's just that, if you think about it, Leviathan cost $28 million and it barely breaks 300 feet. Intimidator cost $25 million, but the only reason it can do that and offer a relatively long ride duration is because it stays low to the ground, so it minimizes the number of supports and foundations needed. A taller ride is going to be tougher to keep low to the ground with forces in check (I305 had a lot of wheel problems because of that first turn) but it's also going to be even more expensive to build if it's got traditional airtime hills like a B&M.

TL;DR a part needs to be willing to plop down over $30 million on a single roller coaster, and we'll see it happen.

Planning on going to Kings Island this year, is it still worth it?

LOL, this made me laugh. Sorry.

the park hasn't lost anything, go have a good time. Son of Beast was closed for a long time anyways.

I was hoping to get at least someone to laugh . We are going ths year no matter what, ride coasters none of us has been on before so really looking forward to a day at Kings Island.

Anyone look at Son of Beast merchandise prices on eBay? Through the roof! It's like it's the Bat or something. Posters selling for $80 and pins going for $40! I'm glad i bought the bolt and piece of track package when King's Island offered them in super limited numbers. Wonder what it's worth?? I bet it can pull $1000 easily.

Personally, I think another Alpengeist-sized B&M invert would be great, but I'd want it to have more forces than Alpengeist. Judging by B&M's recent creations, a forceful invert may be out of the picture. But a big invert would still be fun, think of a full circuit hyper invert!

Personally, I think another Alpengeist-sized B&M invert would be great, but I'd want it to have more forces than Alpengeist. Judging by B&M's recent creations, a forceful invert may be out of the picture. But a big invert would still be fun, think of a full circuit hyper invert!

I would be in AWE. I have said I want to see the day when we get inverted coaster to take that record from Alpengeist and go over 200ft. It would be a hyper (albeit inverted) with inversions. I also would love to see a Intamin Pre Fab. However, I think a B&M dive coaster would be the absolute best fit. That space just screams Dive Coaster to me... I already have the layout in my head. 2014 will make 9 years since Sheikra, I would thank that any such (rumored) exclusivity deal with B&M over Dive Coasters should be null and void by now.

How about a mixture of the two... an inverted Dive Coaster... Where the cliff hanger drop is a take from the wing-over drop on wing coasters. After cresting the top of the lift the track rolls over into a dive but there's there cliff hanger mechanism to hold the car at the edge of the drop. Therefore riders aboard the inverted coaster train are hanging upside while looking near 90 degrees straight down for the few seconds before the mechanism releases.

I would be in AWE. I have said I want to see the day when we get inverted coaster to take that record from Alpengeist and go over 200ft. It would be a hyper (albeit inverted) with inversions.

I always have wanted to see a B&M hyperinvert! (Probably why Mr. Bolliger didn't answer that hyper coaster with inversions question. )

How about a mixture of the two... an inverted Dive Coaster... Where the cliff hanger drop is a take from the wing-over drop on wing coasters. After cresting the top of the lift the track rolls over into a dive but there's there cliff hanger mechanism to hold the car at the edge of the drop. Therefore riders aboard the inverted coaster train are hanging upside while looking near 90 degrees straight down for the few seconds before the mechanism releases.

Sounds nauseating...

This may sound a bit off topic, but I'm dying to know: Which seat is the best for Diamondback?

I'm either front seat with the hang time on the top of the lift hill or the insane over the lift hill yank in the back seat but IMO back seat air time beats front seat hangtime and floater air.

But one con to the back seat is the terrible B&M vibration after the hammerhead before the trim brake hill.

Ask me anytime because I go to KI lots of times.

-Joshua

^Wing Coaster Wing Coaster Wing COASTER!!!!!!! Intamin's winged seat design is called "Wing Rider", B&M's winged seat design is called Wing Coaster.

Okay okay okay okay!!! Relax! My bad!

An Inverted Wing Coaster!!! Wouldn't that be cool, although its probably not going to happen.

An Inverted Wing Coaster!!! Wouldn't that be cool, although its probably not going to happen.

It is a bit impractical, I think. Every support would have to look like this one -

This support doesn't look as strong as a typical inverted coaster support. But, what do I know?

If Kings Island puts in an Inverted coaster similar to Alpengeist (or Pyrenees), I will probably go there right away to ride it.

Anyone look at Son of Beast merchandise prices on eBay? Through the roof! It's like it's the Bat or something. Posters selling for $80 and pins going for $40! I'm glad i bought the bolt and piece of track package when King's Island offered them in super limited numbers. Wonder what it's worth?? I bet it can pull $1000 easily.

Hmm. I have a Kings Island shot glass that is clearly meant to represent Son of Beast, but doesn't label it as such. I wonder if that would hold any value to some fanboy out there?

Someone is also trying to sell a Son of Beast shirt for a ridiculously insane price ($125+), even though there's an identical one offered at $19.95+ that actually has a bid.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read this but Hanks back porch is being remade into "Christian Moerlein Bier Garten". And their actually giving it a German theme AND German food! Its nice to see something German going into Octoberfest!

The Construction photo.

Link to page:http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Kings-Island-Photo-of-the-Day-2-21-13-30

Wondering if they're going to put a decent canopy over the seating area. I know when I visited the park this year, we had a rainstorm come rolling in and tried to stand over there, but there was no cover besides over the bar and over the fish feeding areas! That side of the park always looked a bit shabby and its nice to see that they're sprucing it up and bringing in the German flair.