TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Well, I'm now starting to doubt the doubts I had a few weeks ago. This ride is looking better and better each day. I am glad they added a fourth element into the layout - and an in-line twist through the pretzel will definitely be sweet. But I'm with everyone else - if the in-line wasn't mentioned in the 2-D layout, I wonder what else the ride will feature that hasn't been mentioned yet...?

I guess you really can't judge the layout based on an overhead, 2-D model. Looking at the layout picture, you really can't tell the elevation difference. But now seeing the ride go up, and the support configuration, this is looking even better. The height difference between the supports on the helix between inversions 2 and 3 makes it look absolutely sick. I can't wait to see how it shapes up once the track is in place.

hmmm...the lift is the same angle as the other flying coaster? I wonder if he knows how steep the others one are. maybe it does look like it is steeper but it is not

You know what? Looking at some pictures of Superman at SFGadv., there doesn't appear to be much difference in angle. ...So perhaps he wasn't mistaken.

hmmm...the lift is the same angle as the other flying coaster? I wonder if he knows how steep the others one are. maybe it does look like it is steeper but it is not

You know what? Looking at some pictures of Superman at SFGadv., there doesn't appear to be much difference in angle. ...So perhaps he wasn't mistaken.

yeah I noticed the same thing

I don't believe you need to press the Enter key after a comma.

Sorry!

That's just how I write, in pretty much everything, excluding schoolwork.

^ ... because a flying coaster with a lift hill is copying Tatsu...

I don't think that's what he means.

If the lift hill seems separated in someway from Superman, but feels like Tatsu's lift, then it has a Tatsu vibe to it. Maybe it's some kind of background/height/angle thing?

^What? Just because they both contain a curving drop and pretzel loop, I wouldn't call the layouts "similar"...at all...

This thing is looking better and better everyday. The project as a whole is MUCH larger than I was expecting!

I would have to second that the layout is similar to SUF, SO FAR Since the bulk of the ride at this point is the curving drop and the pretzel, it's going to draw similarities. I just don't see why that's a bad think. Though I have yet to ride a superman clone myself, most of the reviews I hear are that they're boring COMPARED to Tatsu or Air.