TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

When is opening weekend at Carowinds? Last year it was the last weekend in March, correct?

Right now, I have time off scheduled of March 19-22... My plans for that weekend are based on the possibility of my alma-mater's hockey team making their conference tournament finals.. If that falls through, I'm wondering if Carowinds and Fury would be an option for that weekend...

I still think this ride is everything a B&M hyper should be, focus on overbanks and speed. I actually dare to predict that this will be the absolute best B&M hyper up until the tunnel. From there until the end it looks extremely mediocre.

I still think this ride is everything a B&M hyper should be, focus on overbanks and speed. I actually dare to predict that this will be the absolute best B&M hyper up until the tunnel. From there until the end it looks extremely mediocre.

No hope for some decent airtime at least?

^Nowadays most (or many) parks seem to go for the more "family friendly" sand in the track (even if it isn't to make it completely quiet) and not that many new B&Ms are "purely" loud. In fact, which of the newer B&Ms have a proper roar?

^I also love the B&M roar (a lot). I think it really adds to the experience. I think of it when I get near dragon khan and shambhala. DK is properly loud and shambhala, despite being much taller and faster, is much much quieter (because of sand). I'd really like to know how it would sound if the track was hollow.

I've also wondered if there is something different about the way B&M makes their track now that makes their newer rides quieter. Maybe coasters also get louder with age. Either that or all new B&Ms built recently have some sand in their tracks and supports.