TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

After all the bad I had heard about Intimidator, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the airtime was on it, when I made the trip down this summer.

Wrong thread, you must be talking about I-305 as most of the comments about the hyper on this website are negative. I'm assuming you meant to post it on this thread: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54210

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope Carowinds speeds up construction on F-325 as I'd like to ride this monster on opening day. I don't think we'll see a lift-hill topping by the end of the season, but I'm guessing mid-November.

No champ, I was ACTUALLY talking about the B&M Hyper at Carowinds, as in saying, I heard so many bad things about it, that i was pleasantly surprised by a mostly enjoyable ride. Not to mention I also talked about Fury325 in the same post. I thought I typed it out pretty clear, but I apologize for any confusion

I'm traveling to Charlotte on Sunday Oct. 26th for a business meeting. I want to go to the park that day. If my flight is on time I should be at the park at about 1 p.m. If I am understanding the pricing correct, I would have to pay for a full day at the park, leave for an hour and a half and then pay again to get back into the park. So if I wanted to stay from 1 p.m. to say 9 p.m. its going to cost me somewhere about $80 bucks? Can someone please confirm this or correct me. I live in Minnesota. Valleyfair is my home park. If I went to the park on Saturday morning, I could stay all day and into the night for ValleyScare! One price.

Lots of thanks to anybody who can shed some light on this for me. Thank you!

No one here likes Intimidator and Afterburn is the only attraction worth coming to the park.

Why doesn't anyone like Intimidator?

Although I get the backlash on adding a 2nd large B&M, the two at Canada's Wonderland really complement each other.

Wow, I guess its true. It's impossible to please everybody but here it seems to be more prevalent than most discussion threads. You locals of Carowinds really need to be thankful for what you have and for what your getting. Fury 325 is going to be an amazing coaster and just about every other park including my own home park, Valleyfair, would give up their left nut to have a coaster like this in their park. Please don't complain about it or Intimidator. At Valleyfair, if Cedar Fair announced a coaster like Fury 325 you would literally be able to hear a shout of joy all the way down south from us Northern boys!

No one here likes Intimidator and Afterburn is the only attraction worth coming to the park.

Although I get the backlash on adding a 2nd large B&M, the two at Canada's Wonderland really complement each other.

Wow, I guess its true. It's impossible to please everybody but here it seems to be more prevalent than most discussion threads. You locals of Carowinds really need to be thankful for what you have and for what your getting. Fury 325 is going to be an amazing coaster and just about every other park including my own home park, Valleyfair, would give up their left nut to have a coaster like this in their park. Please don't complain about it or Intimidator. At Valleyfair, if Cedar Fair announced a coaster like Fury 325 you would literally be able to hear a shout of joy all the way down south from us Northern boys!

Amen to that! It makes my blood boil when I see enthusiasts complaining about getting amazing coasters like Fury 325, or when enthusiasts complain about needing a new coaster when they got one 2 or 3 years ago. I would be ecstatic if Valleyfair received something even partially resembling Fury 325. I really can't believe f325 is bringing up this much whining. If Carowinds got something like an SLC or some other crappy coaster type, that would certainly be whine-worthy, but really, a B&M gigacoaster?

+1. My wife and I really enjoyed Carowinds when we went the year before last. Intimidator is a nice compliment to Afterburn. The park was already solid to start with and now the whiners are crying about getting a 325 foot hyper coaster. WOW. Take a look around. SFSTL hasn't received major steel since 98. Our last bit of excitement was in 2008 when we got a GCI. Last year we got a freaking 27 year old used Boomerang. We don't have a hyper coaster, let alone a giga coaster. No one feels sorry for the whiners in this thread.

+1. My wife and I really enjoyed Carowinds when we went the year before last. Intimidator is a nice compliment to Afterburn. The park was already solid to start with and now the whiners are crying about getting a 325 foot hyper coaster. WOW. Take a look around. SFSTL hasn't received major steel since 98. Our last bit of excitement was in 2008 when we got a GCI. Last year we got a freaking 27 year old used Boomerang. We don't have a hyper coaster, let alone a giga coaster. No one feels sorry for the whiners in this thread.

Look at TGE. Not one of their coasters are original to the park (except for the boomerang). I'm pretty sure I would do just about anything to get a single B&M to the park even a stand up let alone the tallest non launch coaster in the world.

But nothing is ever good enough for some people and we have to live with that. People will complain if the sun comes up in the morning

Some enthusiasts have set the bar really really high when it comes to what they want in a roller coaster, which in the end results in not having a variety of different coasters to enjoy riding. These are people who only enjoy riding one coaster at a park since that is usually all a park has when it comes to their expectations (with exception to a few parks like Cedar Point). I honestly feel bad for the people who find riding a B&M hyper boring, because these are the people that only will get to enjoy a handful of coasters regularly throughout their life. And don't let other people complaining ruin your excitement. Their opinion won't change the way Fury 325 will ride, so just laugh at the posts that call dropping 325 feet at almost 100mph boring and move on to the next post.

Front row Intimidator has ejector. But I've never been on an intamin so its serious ejector to me. All I've ever known is Carowinds, Mk, and Dollywood. Anyways, I love my Intimidator and I'll love Fury. I'm a local and I'm stoked. Tarheel is just a kid. Take it as growing pains for this guy. This coaster looks incredible.

Front row Intimidator has ejector. But I've never been on an intamin so its serious ejector to me. All I've ever known is Carowinds, Mk, and Dollywood. Anyways, I love my Intimidator and I'll love Fury. I'm a local and I'm stoked. Tarheel is just a kid. Take it as growing pains for this guy. This coaster looks incredible.

I read this thread and just laugh. How can anyone predict what a coaster is going to ride like if they only have a few footers in the ground? Now is the time for excitement. If this was my home park I would be drooling over the prospect of the world's tallest giga coaster (This is coming from a spoiled Great Adventure person). Once Fury is built and opened and people actually ride...We will know what kind of ride it is. Save the reviews for after riding it/after it opens. Until then shut up and be excited for what is coming to the park.

I'm beyond excited for Fury 325, and I think this will kick Millennium Force out of my #1 spot. It's just reading through a few negative comments that ruins the excitement for me. I didn't want to sound b!tchy, I just wish enthusiasts had the same level of excitement as I have for this coaster (which is pretty biased since this is my home park and enthusiasts these days don't particularly care from B&M). I will be there to ride this on opening day even if it's pouring or freezing cold. Bring on the Fury!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder what's wrong with the webcam. I really wanted to see if any more track was put in place.

I dont get all the negativity for B&M. Intimidator is a Solid ride. Not the greatest, but it packs its punch where it should. Only Afterburn comes close and even it comes in a distant second due to the drop in my opinion. No matter what is said about B&M I don't get into the hype, I get into the ride. Intimidator gets my rocks off on the first drop. Three Two Five will be much better. I've waited over 20 years for Carowinds to be big time. We're almost there with this sick coaster. I cant wait to piss my pants.

lol tarheel, looks like your making friends on this forum too. You seem to have a ridiculous amount of enthusiasm for a coaster you state you wont even be able to ride because you don't think you'll be able to get to goto the park.

I overreacted about that too. I have my 2015 season pass!

I read this thread and just laugh. How can anyone predict what a coaster is going to ride like if they only have a few footers in the ground? Now is the time for excitement. If this was my home park I would be drooling over the prospect of the world's tallest giga coaster (This is coming from a spoiled Great Adventure person). Once Fury is built and opened and people actually ride...We will know what kind of ride it is. Save the reviews for after riding it/after it opens. Until then shut up and be excited for what is coming to the park.

No.

I think it will be a fairly decent coaster, with dynamic forces and lots of speed . Fury 325 is a well rounded coaster.

No.

I think it will be a fairly decent coaster, with dynamic forces and lots of speed . Fury 325 is a well rounded coaster.

Key word: Think. Nobody knows what the ride will be like until it is ridden. Animations and stats are great but I'm sure people were excited when Son of Beast first opened too. I'm not saying this will be a bad ride, I think it is going to be tremendous for Carowinds. People just shouldn't declare things about rides that aren't even built yet.

It seems like when rides are announced, there are two types of people in the coaster community that really stand out:

Type 1: The type who immediately begin b***ing because it's not Intimidator305/El Toro. The "Spoiled enthusiast."

Type 2: The type who immediately become flamboyant and giddy with unconstrained excitement. The " OMG Teenage girl enthusiast"

I'd like to think of myself (and hopefully most other members) as being somewhere in the middle.

lol tarheel, looks like your making friends on this forum too. You seem to have a ridiculous amount of enthusiasm for a coaster you state you wont even be able to ride because you don't think you'll be able to get to goto the park.

I overreacted about that too. I have my 2015 season pass!

Maybe you should just... take it easy for a while.

Dear Tarheel, I live in south Mississippi. Our closest park is 2 and a half hours away, and they only have 4 coasters: A Vekoma Boomerang, a Maure Sohne Spinner, a Galaxi coaster, and a kiddie coaster. We have a couple of OK flat rides but nothing near special.

YOUR home park has 13 (soon to be 14) coasters, including a B&M Hyper, a B&M Giga, a B&M Invert, a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, and a B&M Stand-Up. Do you realize how lucky you are? Fury 325 hasn't even been built up to the lift hill yet...Be patient and then ride for yourself. Quit being so negative. We would KILL for a B&M Giga, or even Woodstock Express.

Did I mention that if I was to go past Dixie Landin' to my 2nd closest park, it would be 6 and a half hours away to Six Flags Over Georgia? YOU can drive 3 hours to Over Georgia AND Dollywood. You are also a lot closer to your home park than I am. You are also just about 5 hours away from possibly one of the greatest parks in the world, BGW. Quit being so selfish. If you want to live the life of a spoiled brat move to Sandusky, Ohio.

Not trying to be mean, but just quit being a troll.

I read this thread and just laugh. How can anyone predict .... shut up .....

No.

Key word: Think. Nobody knows what the ride will be like until it is ridden. Animations and stats are great but I'm sure people were excited when Son of Beast first opened too. I'm not saying this will be a bad ride, I think it is going to be tremendous for Carowinds. People just shouldn't declare things about rides that aren't even built yet.

Prediction is a form of thinking. People can think and predict whatever they like about a ride, and they should be able to do so without you being rude to them.

Hello all,

I'm going to be checking out Scarowinds this Saturday night. What are the typical wait times for the mazes on such a night? The weather forecast for the weekend looks pretty solid (highs in the low 70s, lows in the 40s, no rain) for reference. If each wait time is around 30 minutes, that'll be fine. But if they're around 1-2 hours, I'll definitely get Fright Lane.

Thanks in advance for your help .