TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Let's put it this way:

B&M hypers are like having sex with really hot blondes (or, for the women and some men out there, brown hair blue eyed male models). You have sex with one, and it is amazing. So you go to the next one, and it feels the same, but it still really freakin' good. The next one is very similar, but is awesome...... you get the idea.

Good job making an analogy no one on this forum will be able to properly comprehend.

Hmmmmm..... that is true.

Alright, it is like being alone on a Saturday night "having some fun" with your Darth Vader action figure.......

Good job making an analogy no one on this forum will be able to properly comprehend.

(slow clap)

I'm psyched about this. Carowinds needs this big time, and I'm always up for riding another "beautiful blonde" with a snug clamshell.

Manta doesn't have any trims except for the block, so maybe B&M is finally getting back to their old self and not putting trims (or I believe they call them "check brakes") on every hill.

I am sure that they will be there when it opens. B&M likes to regulate the speed on their coasters and unfortunately that is really the only way to do it.

The lack of brakes on Manta probably have something to do with the fact that it is nearly 30 mph slower than a B&M hyper.

I gotta say, this looks incredible. Behemoth is my #1 (sadly, the closer Diamondback did not beat it), so I would LOVE for this to take over that spot, especially since it's less than three hours away from me - far less of a hassle than the 10 drive and border crossing it would take for me to get to CW again.

Looks like another off-the-shelf B&M hyper if I'm honest.

Twizzlers and Mike & Ike come off of a shelf and those are pretty freakin' good.

There's only so many times you can eat those Twizzlers until your sick of them. The same goes for these B&M hypers.

I'm psyched about this. Carowinds needs this big time, and I'm always up for riding another "beautiful blonde" with a snug clamshell.

Leave it to the writer to win the thread.

Maybe Carowinds should've went with this, instead.

2019744516_300px-La_nascita_di_Venere_28Botticelli29.jpg.7dc094b1c859586ae02288a187c958f9.jpg

Really, this would fit most of the major TPR criteria for the best ride ever.

I am sure that they will be there when it opens. B&M likes to regulate the speed on their coasters and unfortunately that is really the only way to do it.

The lack of brakes on Manta probably have something to do with the fact that it is nearly 30 mph slower than a B&M hyper.

By the way, just because Manta is slower than a B&M hyper doesn't mean that it puts less force on the track. I think all the other flyers have trims at least in some locations on the ride.

edit- Nevermind, I asked him and he said he didn't put them in, but they're going to be there in 2 spots! Oh well!

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.

I am VERY happy and impressed with this new ride for Carowinds! The layout of the ride seems basic, but adds new elements B&M has been putting out recently....and trying new things! Here's what I'm seeing:

-AMAZING first drop

-Crazy twisted, GCI looking second drop

-Airtime hill

-Awesome horseshoe turn with a twist

-Airtime hill

-Airtime Hill

-Block brake so they can allow 3 trains for amazing capacity

-Crazy helix similar to Phaethon's (remember that new B&M invert?)

-Brakes

I can NOT wait to ride this next year. Both of he Intimidators are looking FANTASTIC. I'm very impressed with CF's planning with these, especially Carowind's.

Awesome!!!

-JZ

this looks awesome!!!

i never ride a B&Mhyper,

but they are building fast...

1999:

Raging Bull

Apollo's Chariot

2001:

Nitro

2002:

SilverStar

2006:

Goliath (la Ronda)

Goliath (SFOG)

2007:

Hollywood Dream

2008:

Behemoth

2009:

Diamondback

2010:

Should look amazing along the front side of the park, can't wait for 2009.

I wonder which of the two will open first? My money's on Carowinds'.

KD's is already a bit further along with construction but since both parks appear to be opening in april next season anything's possible.