TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I wish we could get an actual real review of this ride besides a bunch of B&M haters pissing on this ride. I can understand that a lot of you have ridden every B&M in existence but until you ride the ride, don't judge it on a POV. If you don't plan to ride it, why even comment? It makes no sense. Yeah, it's pretty...We get it. Personally, I can't wait to ride Fury 325. I think Carowinds made a great investment. It may not melt your face off, but hey, I'm still game for this awesome looking coaster.

awesome looking coaster

Bolded for emphasis.

I don't think anyone's being overly unfair towards the coaster. It's beautiful, and fairly speedy for a small portion of it. Not a bad ride at all, just nothing jaw-dropping.

Just finished my 8th ride, and I have to say I disagree on the review that stated it had little airtime. The second half had plenty, and it most certianly does not "crawl" back into the station.

Awesome! Glad to hear this. I can't wait to ride it later this year.

Wasn't expecting this coaster to overtake my number one which is I:305 and after reading the reviews I can safely say it most likely won't. I'll be at Carowinds on Tuesday and Wednesday and looking forward to ride, I enjoyed Leviathan and if anything this looks like a ride to fix some of the problems with Leviathan. Yeah it probably won't blow me away but sure it's gonna be a fun ride nonetheless.

Wasn't expecting this coaster to overtake my number one which is I:305 and after reading the reviews I can safely say it most likely won't. I'll be at Carowinds on Tuesday and Wednesday and looking forward to ride, I enjoyed Leviathan and if anything this looks like a ride to fix some of the problems with Leviathan. Yeah it probably won't blow me away but sure it's gonna be a fun ride nonetheless.

so if you already made up your mind, why ride it? I wish people who havnt ridden it yet just keep their mouths shut. I road Fury quite a few times today and it is by far the best giga coaster I've ridden, MF included. You go in focusing on what you think it doesn't have, you are going to miss out on everything it does.

I've really enjoyed the coverage, thanks for the opinions and photos from those of you who have ridden it. If I've learned one thing in life it is that you can not judge a ride by a POV video. The helix is so huge and sprawling that it is difficult to tell how fast it is. The crossties are a blur and it probably looks slower than it is because the radius of the helix is so vast, but I just won't know until I ride it. I don't think every ride needs airtime to be good, particularly if the park already has airtime on other coasters.

so if you already made up your mind, why ride it? I wish people who havnt ridden it yet just keep their mouths shut. I road Fury quite a few times today and it is by far the best giga coaster I've ridden, MF included. You go in focusing on what you think it doesn't have, you are going to miss out on everything it does.

Thank you! There's a reason why there is a saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Fury was amazing! Might just be my new #1! The first half is blistering speed, and the second half has some strong floater air, and the awesome B&M restraints make it all the more better! The dive under the bridge was fantastic, and the drop was great as well. Surpassed my expectations!Let me add that the food is great this year also. Entrance was very spacious, wish it had a little more shade though for those hot days.

Edited by TheDark8

One guy from TPR rides it and says it doesn't have good airtime. Now everyone is freaking out hahaha

You guys are cray sometimes. Anyway, I plan on eventually riding this and then deciding whether it's awesome or boring. In the meantime, I just wanna take this time to say I LOVE Gatekeeper and Millennium Force. Haters can hate all they want

I think Carowinds made a great investment. It may not melt your face off, but hey, I'm still game for this awesome looking coaster.

I have always been of the opinion that if a park is going to spend $25 million on a coaster it better damn well melt your face off!!!

Last post on TPR:

I am really sick of all the "it looks good, but the ride itself is decent at best" comments. Do you REALLY THINK engineers design roller coasters for the hell of it and not because they have a passion for it? Maybe they WANTED to try and build re-rideable rides that aren't balls to the wall intense. Just because a ride doesn't need your ludicrous standards doesn't mean it was just put together to look good. B&M stepped out of their comfort zone on this ride, and all I see when I read this thread is "wahh it's not good enough! MOAR AIRTIMEEEE" and of course you don't see this attitude because you're too blinded by the ride's shortcomings (which there are barely any). Fury 325 will be a hit with most enthusiasts. You know what, how about ALL enthusiasts, because NORMAL enthusiasts don't complain about a giga coaster.

I'm done with the idiocy.

I wish people who havnt ridden it yet just keep their mouths shut.

I agree with this man.

I also hate when discussion happens on discussion boards.

Maybe you should get the hell off our discussion boards then. No one needs or wants stupid comments like this.

Guess what...I rode the coaster...quite a few times I might say. So my take on it? It is really good! The first drop is great and seems to last forever. I greyed out from the bottom of the first drop until half way up the turn. The ride has lots of force, positive and negative. I counted 7 moments of air with the last three moments, before the last pop of air into the brakes, being slightly comparable to the airtime moments on lightning run. No lie. The helix isn't as bad as it seems, not too forceful but one helluvah headchopper! Its quite a rush and the speed is FAST! I felt like I was still moving on the brake run...that it doednt crawl into. I love the coaster. Its def a front seat ride...

Is this ride boring and cookie cutter...his face tells it all...

1705198771_Township20120Charlotte-20150325-02530.thumb.jpg.ac849ea482e057e03412ade68f679000.jpg

Last post on TPR:

I am really sick of all the "it looks good, but the ride itself is decent at best" comments. Do you REALLY THINK engineers design roller coasters for the hell of it and not because they have a passion for it? Maybe they WANTED to try and build re-rideable rides that aren't balls to the wall intense. Just because a ride doesn't need your ludicrous standards doesn't mean it was just put together to look good. B&M stepped out of their comfort zone on this ride, and all I see when I read this thread is "wahh it's not good enough! MOAR AIRTIMEEEE" and of course you don't see this attitude because you're too blinded by the ride's shortcomings (which there are barely any). Fury 325 will be a hit with most enthusiasts. You know what, how about ALL enthusiasts, because NORMAL enthusiasts don't complain about a giga coaster.

Didn't this happen with Banshee?

Anyways, for people that have rode it: I have very curious to what you think about the helix? To slow, to fast, or just right?

Love reading the reviews! Keep them coming!!

Last post on TPR:

I'm guessing we won't actually be lucky enough for this to be your last post, but a man can dream.

Last post on TPR:

I'm guessing we won't actually be lucky enough for this to be your last post, but a man can dream.

I was thinking the same thing!

I honestly love the fact that this ride is not all out airtime as the park already has a B&M hyper so this should provide a completely different experience. Leviathan, while not balls to the walls amazing, was still a very fun ride that was re-rideable and a great experience.

The GP loves it which is all that matters for the park as they will make way more money off of GP tickets than enthusiasts.

Anyways, for people that have rode it: I have very curious to what you think about the helix? To slow, to fast, or just right?

Love reading the reviews! Keep them coming!!

the helix had more force than what you would think. it looks slower in video than it actually is.