TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Charlotte Hornets - The Ride?

Seriously though...the lights at night, the new entrance/gate & logo all look fantastic! In terms of the reviews, this is just about what I figured the ride would deliver. No real surprises or major disappointments, but I feel that there a lot of enthusiasts that would simply prefer a Piraten clone or an RMC to a B&M giga.I certainly wouldn't argue that!

And now, the food. The park showcased a lot of the new cuisine coming in 2015 and it did not disappoint. There was shrimp, oysters, duck meat, gelato, and a TON more. The food more than made up for the long wait for the rider footage.

(Quietly hoping for a food report)

Thanks everyone for the great coverage of the event. We're making a 12 hour drive to be there for opening day and we can't wait to ride it. Even if it doesn't live up to the hype it's still going to be a ton of fun and it's an excuse to ride that amazing invert, visit my girlfriend's family and get some Rock Store Carolina BBQ so it's going to be an awesome weekend.

Last post on TPR:

Bye Felicia

For those that that went today and have been to Cedar Point, which would you say makes more of a "statement" walking to the gate -- Fury or Gatekeeper? Both rides look absolutely stunning, and Gatekeeper is one of the most aesthetically pleasing coasters I've seen in person.

Questions for those who have ridden it : Is this the best B&M you've ridden? If not, is it the best B&M non-invert you've ridden? If not, is it the best B&M that does not have an inversion that you've ridden? Just trying to see how it ranks among other B&Ms for those who have ridden it.

When it comes to airtime on this coaster, I have found its far more intense then any air on other beemers I have experience. The type of air on most beemers I have had is more of the floaty sensation. Where I'm out of my seat but not so much pressed up against the restraints, whereas on this coaster I felt I was slammed into the restraints over the three hills at the end,ejected out of my seat so to speak. It wasn't OMFG ejected like I have experienced on lightning run and the bunny hops at the end of S:ROS but still something I have never felt on a beamer. I know, everyone will have their own opinions and that's cool, I just hope we formulate said opinion after experiences the coaster for ourselves.

I think fury makes the best statement with the bridge/tunnel...

Its def the best I have ridden. In its cqtqgory if I lumped giga and hyper coasters in the same category. Its hard comparing different style coasters cause they are different...they serve different purposes...

Edited by jarmor

Thank you Rob and TPR for the reviews today. This looks like a very fun ride. I don't set expectations as an enthusiast...because I'm an ENTHUSIAST! I LOVE roller coasters, I don't care if it's only speed, only G-Forces, a combo of both or whatever element is that rides ''trick''. I really wish the coaster community who claim to love rides wouldn't be so critical. Who cares if Gatekeeper wasn't forceful? It looks fantastic and it's a good ride! Who cares that MF doesn't have lots of airtime? I was the happiest guy on the planet when I rode it for the first time. Let's all just agree that at the end of the day, we are lucky to live in the era of time where these great wonders can be built for us to enjoy and they don't need our critique, just our bottom in a seat!

This, IMHO, looks like the best new coaster for 2015 other than TC at Magic Mountain. That being said, there is no doubt that this will be better than most B&M hypers, Intimidator included. I'll be checking out the whole park and Fury 325 this summer, so I can't make a final decision whether it's worth all the hype that it's gotten, or not.

When it comes to airtime on this coaster, I have found its far more intense then any air on other beemers I have experience. The type of air on most beemers I have had is more of the floaty sensation. Where I'm out of my seat but not so much pressed up against the restraints, whereas on this coaster I felt I was slammed into the restraints over the three hills at the end,ejected out of my seat so to speak.

I think fury makes the best statement with the bridge/tunnel...

Its def the best I have ridden. In its cqtqgory if I lumped giga and hyper coasters in the same category.

Well that's good to hear! Thank you for the response!

I can't wait until June to see if my signature ends up coming true...

Its definitely on the same level...just amplified a good but more. This thing is fast and while its not like I305 in its transitions, it does sling you around a bit. But it all balls down to preference. I do like diamondbacks wooded environment intense helix. I also grew fond of Fury325's sideways airtime and very long layout...

Carowinds posted a reverse POV and it's pretty hilarious, watch the face of the guy in blue.

Honestly, this youtube video makes the ride look A LOT more fast-paced than the forward view POV.

That lift hill and first drop seem like they go on forever...

I'm going ot KD this weekend, and Carowinds on Easter Sunday...to say the least, I'm very excited to ride this!

And to those who went to the event: which row is the best?

I would say the first row. I rode all over the train and that was the best. Your eyes and mouth will dry out lol...the wind is strong...

I don't see any lack of speed in that reverse POV.

I thought I had a good day today because I seeded the lawn and had a few beers with an old friend. Then I get home and see this... It's hard to imagine how people can be so objective when riding something as great looking as this roller coaster, but I guess everyone is different.

I thought I had a good day today because I seeded the lawn and had a few beers with an old friend. Then I get home and see this... It's hard to imagine how people can be so objective when riding something as great looking as this roller coaster, but I guess everyone is different.

This comment makes zero sense. That's like saying that everyone has to like every movie just because they exist.

And where did anyone say the ride lacked speed??? I certainly didn't.

There were complaints about the helix being slow and uninspired, whether or not that today or just in general. But I agree, from what I've been reading it seems the relentless speed is the high point for this ride.

Yes, people often hold different opinions when they are being "objective."

Huh?

And where did anyone say the ride lacked speed??? I certainly didn't.

Some people claimed the coaster looked like it was crawling through the helix. I wasn't being argumentative. I was stating my observations.

Yes, people often hold different opinions when they are being "objective."

Huh?

I thought he may have meant objective as an adjective form of the verb "to object," or to oppose something. Not entirely sure though.