TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

The park is opening on October 1st.

Pricing is now more dynamic in a way because on days where low crowds are expected you get a 7 hour block for $59.99 and on days where high crowds are expected that only gets you a 4 hour block. There is no longer a separate tier for people who want to ride the good rides.

Legends of the Hidden Temple Challenge and Paw Patrol Adventure Bay are listed as closed. Nothing else is listed as closed. Speculate all you want on what that means for Sandy’s Blasting Bronco. Elsewhere on the website it states that it's "opening soon" but it's all a cluster.

This sounds like hell because every single coaster is already really low capacity. Unlike most parks they have stated that the maximum in-park capacity for Nickelodeon Universe will be limited to State imposed maximum capacities so they're packing it as much as they can where most parks are limiting capacity to less than what's allowed, though it's also indoors and probably limited to begin with.

On a related note, Six Flags announced today that Holiday in the Park is a go and the Flash Sale should be coming up soon to put these prices to shame for a much better park where you're outside and probably less likely to get covid and more likely to have a good time.

Edited by coasterbill
  • Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ended up visiting the Dreamworks Water Park for the second time this past Thursday. Wait, what, second time?! Believe it or not, I was one of the few people that managed to sneak a visit in during t

I went last week and Sandy's Blasting Bronco was in fact open.  The ride is fantastic.  It's easily the most intense backwards launch out there and all 3 Immelmanns feel wildly different.  It's probab

I went to the park last Friday and everything was a walk on. Picked up the Shredder and Sandy credits since they were both closed on my visit last December. Shredder was awesome and I would highly rec

Posted Images

Honestly, Avatar Airbender or Sandy's Blasting Bronco may now have the highest capacity for a coaster in that park considering Slime Streak takes forever to load and the other two will have one party per car.

Before the shutdown, I thought the rumor was Sandy's Blasting Bronco was ready to go so we'll see if that opens.

I want to go there for the two coasters I missed, but I'm going to wait for some reports showing how well people are actually social distancing considering this is indoors unlike the other parks I've visited.

I'll go there in the dead of Winter when there are no other options without hopping on a plane (though we'll do a bit of that too) but Six Flags exists and there's no Fright Fest that I'd have to deal with so I see no appeal until they close.

Edited by coasterbill
  • 3 weeks later...

If there was an award for worst park policies, I think place would win it. How can they not sell food and then not allow it to be brought in, especially when their main customer base is probably families with kids?

For anyone who hasn't read the fineprint, the American Dream attractions aren't allowing re-entry, they are not selling food, and food cannot be brought inside.

I'm assuming that they'll change that because it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

^Don't be so sure! This is American Dream we're talking about and I've seen crap policies like this at other places too.

I'll never forget Gaylord Palms big ICE play area for kids that had no bathroom and didn't allow re-entry...for the attraction portion that was geared for KIDS!!!!!

^ Nickelodeon Universe actually has bathrooms. That I can confirm from my one visit last year.

Did security follow you in?

No food period will be a win for everyone because there were M&Ms and Skittles everywhere on the ground when Alex and I visited That combined with soda spills and that slippery newly-paved/painted floor I was shocked I didn't see anyone bite it haha

Those commando security guards are so plentiful and the park is so small give 'em a broom and mop

^ I'm hoping the persistent security guards go all out enforcing the mask policy! Maybe that way they'll be too busy to bother me for taking a picture of Shellraiser's beautiful lighting package or sitting down alone on a bench.

^ I'm hoping the persistent security guards go all out enforcing the mask policy! Maybe that way they'll be too busy to bother me for taking a picture of Shellraiser's beautiful lighting package or sitting down alone on a bench.

This happened?

Yes. If you go read some of the reports back when they opened last winter, people were getting questioned by security if they were alone, especially if they took photos of rides. It happened to me and I think PKIJizzman, just to name two people.

^ Nickelodeon Universe actually has bathrooms. That I can confirm from my one visit last year.

Did security follow you in?

5QK7EQ8.gif

They're apparently so good at making people uncomfortable that I thought maybe they really went the extra mile

The park updated the ride page for Sandy's Blasting Bronco. It is no longer listed as "Coming Soon" and it isn't on the list of closed rides that was just updated. So it sounds like it's opening today.

In other news, the spinning/flipping bumper cars were added to the closed list. I forgot there was a ride out there more unreliable than Lightning Rod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 5:02 PM, Canobie Coaster said:

Yes. If you go read some of the reports back when they opened last winter, people were getting questioned by security if they were alone, especially if they took photos of rides. It happened to me and I think PKIJizzman, just to name two people.

Well, that's what happens if your name is Jizzman...

On 10/1/2020 at 1:40 AM, Canobie Coaster said:

The park updated the ride page for Sandy's Blasting Bronco. It is no longer listed as "Coming Soon" and it isn't on the list of closed rides that was just updated. So it sounds like it's opening today.

In other news, the spinning/flipping bumper cars were added to the closed list. I forgot there was a ride out there more unreliable than Lightning Rod.

I've seen friends on FB riding it this week, so safe to say it is open. However, there is just something about this place that makes me feel uneasy about visiting, and I think i'll hold off until this pandemic dies down a little bit. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Jakizle said:

Well, that's what happens if your name is Jizzman...

I've seen friends on FB riding it this week, so safe to say it is open. However, there is just something about this place that makes me feel uneasy about visiting, and I think i'll hold off until this pandemic dies down a little bit. 

It's funny, isn't it?

as "antiseptic" as the place looks, I kinda feel the same way  - I would feel uneasy.

Like, it's a pretend veneer of "clean". . but everything is sticky.

LOL

🤪

Curious... Those flipping bumper cars would show up at the IAAPA expo every year. Does anyone know of any FECs that have them?