TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ I found during my visit to the Resort (Sept.13-15), that I would either start out with Disneyland for a few hours, and then do the rest of the day in DCA, or just "pop over" to DL, after already spending time in DCA. And then I would come back to DCA for the rest of my visit. I got to ride the attractions I wanted in Disneyland. But I think I enjoyed the time spent in DCA, just lounging around, having a drink (beer) and watching the crowds go by. It just felt easier to do, than in DL, which was so packed, in comparison. And I know that I recognized that difference, rather than how I felt, being in DL.

IMG_2280.JPG.4277746c6c0392d660253987b34f6f28.JPG

I enjoyed watching people's expressions when this got going. And at the end when a lot put their hands up and SPUN!!!

After visiting DLR for the past three days, I have to say I like DCA more than DL. I genuinely don't know what it is, maybe it's the fact that DCA is more modern, but I just enjoyed my day at DCA more. I really wasn't expecting that.

Maybe it's the booze

After visiting DLR for the past three days, I have to say I like DCA more than DL. I genuinely don't know what it is, maybe it's the fact that DCA is more modern, but I just enjoyed my day at DCA more. I really wasn't expecting that.

Disneyland is great when not crowded, but it's God awful when packed because it was not designed for the crowds it has now. I also enjoy DCA more because it can actually handle crowds.

^Yes I agree, I've attended Disneyland when it was a MAX capacity, and it can be a bit daunting. The hard working Disney cast members attempt to use their glow sticks to guide the massive crowds to go in a certain direction. (even if someone wants to do the complete opposite) To help keep the public moving in a certain 'safe' direction.

Unfortunately do to its original design, there are limitations placed on the Disneyland Park regardless of how money they invest in improvements. With the latest Disney parks, they have incorporated these capacity issues into the design of the park. But with the iconic Disneyland they have to make do with the design elements from 60 years ago. (Walt never could have imagined that 15+ million people would be visiting Disneyland each year)

Regardless, even on those high capacity days, the issues mainly come at night with the combination of the fireworks and Fantasmic crowds, and Disney has a procedure in place that works well enough. (Even if it upsets some guests) Like any other theme park, Disney will do what it can to keep its patrons happy within the design limitations of the park.

^LOL, you're kidding yourself if you think this model will make people rest easy.

I haven't had much experience with the hardcore Disney fans but I came across a sponsored blog post on Facebook yesterday that was basically 2 pages of non-stop whiny, entitled bitching. Based on the comments it seemed to be a trend, I might actually find coaster enthusiasts easier to stomach than these Disney people.

^LOL, you're kidding yourself if you think this model will make people rest easy.

I haven't had much experience with the hardcore Disney fans but I came across a sponsored blog post on Facebook yesterday that was basically 2 pages of non-stop whiny, entitled bitching. Based on the comments it seemed to be a trend, I might actually find coaster enthusiasts easier to stomach than these Disney people.

Yeah, I came across a lot of those when doing research for my post-WCB Disneyland visit. Really makes you appreciate TPR and all the effort that goes into weeding those people out. There's a lot of whining and complaining here, but when you look at some other sites, you realize how much worse it could be.

What a lot of Disneyland "fans" don't think about is that Disney's management didn't have much of a choice, basically either had to retheme it or remove it. What were they going to do, have a big Twilight Zone themed ride in Marvel Land?

I view this move positively. For people like me who go to both regularly this will differentiate WDW from DLR, the addition of a super heroes area will also bring something cool and different to the DLR repertoire, and this ride sucked compared to WDW's to begin with.

This is the Internet. Constructive criticism is lost in the noise of never-ending kicking and screaming.

What a lot of Disneyland "fans" don't think about is that Disney's management didn't have much of a choice, basically either had to retheme it or remove it. What were they going to do, have a big Twilight Zone themed ride in Marvel Land?

I view this move positively. For people like me who go to both regularly this will differentiate WDW from DLR, the addition of a super heroes area will also bring something cool and different to the DLR repertoire, and this ride sucked compared to WDW's to begin with.

Your'e assuming that they HAD to use the ride. They could have easily put a portal for a Marvel Land next to the ride and it wouldn't have changed a thing (except the land would have one less marvel themed ride).

^ Exactly. I guarantee you that Disney has put way more thought into this land than any Disney fans or coaster enthusiasts have. Once it's built, people will love it, and in a few years when it's changed again, people will whine about that and want it left like it's being changed to now.

Your'e assuming that they HAD to use the ride. They could have easily put a portal for a Marvel Land next to the ride and it wouldn't have changed a thing (except the land would have one less marvel themed ride).

I don't think there will be a Hollywood area, there is no space for it. This would put TOT awkwardly in between Marvel and Bugs Land?

Sort of. That's a landing pad for the Avengers jet, which is a VTOL model (Vertical Takeoff and Landing). The US army was experimenting with those around the time Stan Lee was writing the Avengers.

On a side note, the real VTOL project was scrapped due to significant cost overruns. Basically, it's possible, but there are just so many moving parts that it's difficult and expensive to keep one of those running. Plus, there just aren't that many uses for VTOL jets where they'd have any significant advantage over normal helicopters. They're supersonic, and that can help tactically, but we just found Black Hawks much more useful in the end. So the Avengers jet is a cool little piece of history.

The Avengers tower would have worked for theme, yes, but the Collector's museum makes for a myriad of theming possibilities. Marvel fans like me will go nuts over the movie memorabilia in the queue. I think Disney is on the right track with this attraction.