TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Can someone smarter than me explain what those pictures show? What project is this for? I actually just stayed at the Camelot and noticed all the dirt flattened back there.

The first large group of photos are old, back from when they were building DCA.

The second group showing a parking structure is what is relevant here. Below is a list of highlights.

-The new Eastern Gateway complex.

IMG_0095-X3.thumb.jpg.2fe0afd830bb0f74a8f1850212fd0f89.jpg

-The new Eastern parking garage.

IMG_0145-X3.thumb.jpg.d703d7c7246997dea3bb721730ec61b0.jpg

-New "Fly Ramp" Exit from the garage. New, reconfigured street intersection to allow for "Fly Ramp".

IMG_0107-X3.thumb.jpg.55774f40fac1d2e4a0b936f75f88fcc9.jpg

-New security entrance, replacing the one currently used for guests entering from Harbor Blvd.

IMG_0124-X3.thumb.jpg.03e6a1cb70ca70e0a7ad56464d408529.jpg

-New "Transit Hub" replacing the one currently on Harbor Blvd.

IMG_0123-X3.thumb.jpg.9770fb0bb4041c6dc026315b8838bdf9.jpg

-The long walk way that will connect the new parking and transit to the parks. (Taking over the land from the Carousel Inn.)

IMG_0131-X3.thumb.jpg.4361a2ae012ce1b3d49faca75f63d3be.jpg

-The new pedestrian bridge over Harbor Blvd for that walk way.

IMG_0157-X3.thumb.jpg.28e9b1051633c4275d14be133c838db1.jpg

-New "Down Ramp" for that walk way. It uses land from the old transit hub that is being removed. (nothing was announced for the extra land in that area)

IMG_0163-X3.thumb.jpg.810b1cfd9a3990c078a2b1a5ba570cec.jpg

In the center of the new parking and transit area is a big white building. This is not part of Eastern Gateway Project. They are building around it.

IMG_0120-X3.thumb.jpg.a7694d0456eadb36bf960ad89b78acf1.jpg

There are other interesting things that can be guessed or are obvious from the images, but if it wasn't outlined in the images, its not in this list.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Sure looks like they want to add a lot of hotels to the properties they own!

They are showing the zoning of the surrounding areas. Disney does not own the property they are highlighting and hotels have already been built on the majority of that land.

Dippin' Dots Guy > Bellhop

Unless you hear it directly from a DDG, it just ain't so!

IMG_2348.JPG.2562fb972f7cd0ef9cae9f7412f36d67.JPG

Best substitute I could find, was in the Disney Village District (whatever). (o; Sept.15, 2016.

Apparently the new security tents are going into use tomorrow. Now downtown Disney will be part of the secured area.

Wow so you have to go through security just to get into Downtown Disney? That seems like it'd be...inconvenient.

Is this going to be located over by the ESPN Zone??

Apparently the new security tents are going into use tomorrow. Now downtown Disney will be part of the secured area.

Wow so you have to go through security just to get into Downtown Disney? That seems like it'd be...inconvenient.

Is this going to be located over by the ESPN Zone??

Yes. It's near there and there's another over by the Disneyland Hotel. For guests in the parking structure, there is a checkpoint before getting on the trams.

Yes. It's near there and there's another over by the Disneyland Hotel. For guests in the parking structure, there is a checkpoint before getting on the trams.

That checkpoint will only be for those intending to board the trams. There is a re-routed walking path for anyone who chooses to hoof it over to Downtown Disney and enter through the new security checkpoint set up in the old taxi/valet stop in front of ESPN Zone.

With the way the tents are configured, it looks like there might be a middle gap for a 'Guests Without Bags' entrance. One can only hope!

Sounds better than getting stuck in the narrows of the esplanade security lines. I won't miss playing the game, "who's touching my butt?!"

...or will I?

I wouldn't be surprised if fastpass reservations ONLY apply to single day tickets and hotel guests.

What about also including AP's whose tickets have been scanned at a park's entrance that day?

Make the AP's register their pass with the Disneyland app (like many already have), then only open access to the FP reservation portal in the app once that pass is activated for entry at the turnstiles. Can't cheat at that without violating non-transferability rules, and can't advance reserve Hyperspace Mountain every single day of the year just to have one whenever they want.

I imagine they will do that too....but I would still guess they won't initially roll out any changes to the AP program in order to make sure there is a real big tangible benefit to single day tickets and booking a hotel.

Im sure whatever they do, the AP holders will complain like it's the end of the world.

That checkpoint will only be for those intending to board the trams. There is a re-routed walking path for anyone who chooses to hoof it over to Downtown Disney and enter through the new security checkpoint set up in the old taxi/valet stop in front of ESPN Zone.

With the way the tents are configured, it looks like there might be a middle gap for a 'Guests Without Bags' entrance. One can only hope!

Ugh. With the park at capacity, with the new security checkpoints, with how crowded it will probably be, with 4 hour Tower of Terror lines, I will probably forgo my plans to make a trip to DCA when I visit Cali next week. Which means I will miss going on Tower of Terror for the very last time, which breaks my heart that park popularity, security, lines, and just being CROWDED AS F*** will discourage me from even trying.

Such a shame that just a few years ago I was able to get a platinum pass and enjoy semi-low-crowded days at the parks to get on what I wanted, when now it's just a complete clusterf*** of crowds and lines, and more crowds and more lines.

And now that Star Wars Land is coming and Tower of Terror is gone, I just can't imagine seeing myself visiting the park in the future ever. Unless I'm going with some super hot chick that really really wants to go. But she's going to have to be SUPER hot, and she's going to have to REALLY want to go. Other than that, I'm getting too old for the lines and crowds and waiting. Perhaps VIP passes/tours is the only way to go from here on out.

Sounds better than getting stuck in the narrows of the esplanade security lines. I won't miss playing the game, "who's touching my butt?!"

...or will I?

I'm sure you will.

The new security checkpoints actually didn't have a line the whole day yesterday. Neither did getting into either park. Parking was a mess, and so was once you were in the parks. But that's to be expected around Christmastime. It's not like the parks are like this all the time. Just last week when I was in the parks, nothing had more than a 45 min wait, and most were 15 or less (even big rides like Indiana Jones) all day. I wouldn't let this discourage you from visiting especially if it's just DCA. Just take advantage of Fastpasses and you will do everything in that park, even if it's at capacity.