TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I just got back from watching the midnight premier of Friday the 13th. Let me tell you, this was classic horror. Micheal Bay did a better job on this than Rob Zombie did on Halloween. This is not a remake though, this is actually an alternative sequel for the original. It had a good cast of unknown actors, ultra cheesy lines, and of course several moments of pee-your-pants ultra gory terror. Seriously, any hardcore horror fan will definitely appreciate this movie. It's one of the good ones that will have you laughing one second and then the next screaming in terror. The only negative I have towards this film is the extremely long opening sequence, it feels like it should be a movie in itself. Other than that, there are a few stupid unexplained events, namely how one character actually survives, but I won't go into that so as to avoid any spoilers. Anyways, if you like horror, go see it. If you like the franchise, go see it. If you have a friend who screams easily, take them and have fun laughing, I know I did.

Good to know. I am a huge Friday fan and busted open my DVD set last week. I was able to finish up to part 6.

Enjoying this kind of movie is relative though as there are not many positive reviews from even those that love the series and followed from pre-production to release (bloody-disgusting.com).

I plan on seeing it but I believe Bay was a poor choice for a small forrest movie with no transformers.

BTW: As time goes on I have noticed many more horror fans defending Zombie;s reimaging of Halloween. It took me several viewings but now I enjoy it. Then again I founf the original boring.

Descent 2 Trailer is out -- but Lionsgate removed it already

Friday the 13th- One of the best re imaginings of a horror movie I have ever seen, as Pufferfish said,it is more of an alternative sequel, although, if you have never seen the original there is a brief description in the beginning. As Pufferfish said, there is a long intro, although I disagree with his opinion of the intro. I found it to be awesome, although rather stupid. It was an incredibly entertaining introduction with enough cool horror stuff and gore to completely satisfy your true slasher fan. This movie also did what many modern day horror movies are unable to do, this movie actually is pretty scary. There were many scenes that are enough to at least make you jump, and it is gory enough to at least make you cringe. And, if you jump like me, without giving too much away, there is some crazy ejector airtime at the movies surprising ending.

9/10

Friday The 13th-

Loved it. Good slasher film, but it wasn't overly gory like most of the horror movies that come out nowadays. I know others didn't like the intro, but I thought it was pretty cool. It was like every other Friday the 13th movie condensed into a nice package. I loved how Jason actually ran though, made him seem much more scarier. All of that plus a decent amount of boobs, what more can you ask for?

9/10

Mall Cop - Hilarious! The ending was obvious from beginning, but it was really an enjoyable movie.

Taken - I liked it. It isn't really something I need to watch again for a while, but it was good.

Friday the 13th - It was really good. Everything you need to know has already been said, but its great, definitely worth watching.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons: B

Interesting story to say the least. Overall a good movie, felt kind of long.

Death Becomes Her: B-

Just saw this for the first time. This was actually quite funny. Even though this is from the early 90’s, the special effects hold up pretty well.

Tropic Thunder: A

Funnisest movie I have seen all year! Just the beginning of the movie is worth the price alone. I’m now torn between Heath in The Dark Knight and Robert Downey Jr. for best supporting actor for this yearr’s Oscars.

Slumdog Millionaire: A+

Brilliant movie. The acting, soundtrack, art direction and cinematography were all top notch. This is a move that will stay with you days after seeing it.

House of Wax (1955): B

An old 50’s horror classic starring Vincent Price. Brought back memories of watching “Creature Feature” on Saturday afternoons as a kid.

Revolutionary Road: A-

A peek into the lives of a 50’s suburban couple. Excellent performances by all the actors.

The Dead Like Me Movie DVD arrived today and I enjoyed seeing the story continue. Daisy was the only weak point. The new actress just tries too hard but her screen time is minimal.

The story line is much more serious in tone than many of the series episodes but still contained some witty lines.

Overall they did a great job introducing Kane and removing Rube. I would love to see the series continue and the ending allows that possibility.

8/10

Giratina and the Sky Warrior, the 11th Poke'mon movie featuring both forms of Giratina and Shaymin, aired on Cartoon Network a couple days ago.

Folks, we have a winner...it is a really really good Poke'mon movie. The storyline is surprisingly deep, it's not TOO scary for younger kids, but it is just soooo exciting and has quite a few surprises. It's a must-see for Poke'mon fans in 2009.

Grace Is Gone: A-

I'll be honest, I initially watched this movie because I knew the movie featured Cypress Gardens. This movie turned out to be a very touching and moving movie. John Cusack and the little girls that played his daughters were all excellent. The movie is about a father that has to figure out a way to tell his daughters that their mother was killed in combat in Iraq. So he takes them on a road trip to go to an amusement park called Enchanted Gardens (Cypress). If you want to watch an unexpected gem of an indi movie, then check out Grace is Gone.

I caught The Reader last Sunday--a very good movie, especially Kate Winslet's performance. Still, I'm not all that thrilled with this year's Oscar nominees (my favorite of the bunch is Frost/Nixon).

Slumdog Millionaire- 9.5/10- Made me thankful for the life I have. Quick question, do all Bollywood movies have to have at least one scene of spontaneous song and dance?

Schindler's List- 10/10- The closest I've been to crying in a movie since I was 2 and the loud noises scared me at A Goofy Movie.

The Mist- 8/10- Crappy acting, but intense and the ending was pretty awesome.

Step Brothers- 7/10- Funny but dumb, just how I like my Will Ferrell comedies.

The Wrestler: A-

Great acting jobs to the main 3 actors. It's a toss up for me for best actor, Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke. Rourke was perfect for the part. Marisa Tomei was good as always and is in amazing shape! The movie was kind of graphic, but then again it is about wrestling! Highly recommend it.

We recently lost, as opposed to just misplaced, Robert Quarry, who died peacefully at age 83. I'd like to think that someone tracked him to his crypt and drove a stake through his heart.

RIP, Court Yorga--VAMPIRE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT3lFs7-V4Q&feature=PlayList&p=58D5323FBE206360&playnext=1&index=26

I saw He's Just Not that Into You on Saturday. It was cute. Definite chick flick, but cute. And the whole time they're telling you these "don'ts" you're thinking, oh geez, I've done that!

My husband and I rented Eagle Eye on Sunday and we liked it. Not spectacular, but still good. A lot of things get blown up and they destroyed about 50 cars.

Just saw Coraline this afternoon.

A 8/10 from me and my partner.

The animation was excellent, the 3-D worked really well for us in this one, and the whole plot was fairly bizarre enough, but it all still worked together, quite nicely.

And there's BOOBS in it!

Well, we couldn't help but notice that. Or 'them' I guess, LOL...

Donkey Punch 10/10

If you can find it, see it. If you do not know the acronym look it up on wikipedia. I do not have time to write about a description right now since I am preparing for a flight from Tx back to Philly but it is a hardcore "mysterious" film that will never been seen on the general screens in the states. I know it is currently hitting the festival circuit but due to the extreme graphic content (which could never be edited because of the pure meaning of donkey punch).