TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are YOU a credit whore?

Are you a credit whore?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a credit whore?

• I pay small children to ride with me just to get credits!
    • I get as many as I can get, but don’t mind if I miss a few kiddie coasters.
    • I count coasters ridden but don’t just ride a coaster for the sake of a credit.
    • I don’t even bother counting.

I blame this site for introducing the "credit" concept to me..

Haha me too! I used to just go on them for fun, and even after being on here and always reading talk about getting their credits and stuff I thought it was their job, and they would be sent around to get some "credits". Once I found out about the whole credit thing, I got into it. It's fun, like collecting something. With some thrill to it.

-Nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will wait in line for a kid to ride with, but have never paid anyone, YET.

I will go to parks with just one kiddie coaster just to ride it.

I will try my hardest to fit into any car and get the lapbar to close.

I get disappointed if I go there and cannot ride it.

So I guess I am a credit whore for sure.

Peace, Big Mike

I will try my hardest to fit into any car and get the lapbar to close.

Peace, Big Mike

This pretty much sums me up... haha.

Thanks Big Mike!

Peace, Big Mike

Big Mike is my credit hero.... I go to parks that only have a kiddie credit. I will wait in line for a kiddie credit if I know I wont be turned down. I do get kinda mad if I do get turned down.. Like if its a ride I have been on a clone of at 10 parks but cant ride it at *this* park.. WTF I know I fit.. and that its safe for me to ride.. Why cant I ride it just because I dont have a kid? ..Oh and I am a credit whore.

But I do feel shame sometimes when on kiddie coasters so I tend to ride them at night when less kids are around (and less moms and dads)

As for the pay thing.... I have never given a kid money.. But I did give money to an op... once... And it worked (yay Libertyland!)

Canobie "I rode a kiddie coaster this weekend!" Fan

Thanks James!

We have to ride some kiddie coasters up in your area as I have a lot to get up there.

When we were at Spain that Zamperela flying plane coaster would not let us on initially, and that bothered me the whole day until we finally did get on.

I wear my ACE roller coaster shirt when I ride the kiddie rides so at least maybe the people will understand why I am riding them and I don't feel like a complete retard.

Peace, Big Mike

^I think the ACE shirt might make it worse. I will ride anything they let me on, but I have never paid a kid. A kid did volunteer to ride with me at Great Escape so I used that advantage. Like James if it is a clone I have rode before then this park is not letting me it is upsetting, but really just more confusing. I have invented what I call the "clone rule". It is an amazing rule, but its biggest benefit is used to irritate and upset Larry with its flawless logic. Larry is convinced I have used this rule many times, but he is incorrect. Jimbo and Joe both give the clone rule its much deserved props.

I don't consider myself a "credit whore" but I like to ride as many coasters as a park has to offer. Especially if it's a park I know I won't be visiting again anytime soon. The only credit whoring I've done lately is going to Castle Park in Riverside to ride their family coasters. That's as bad as it gets for me. Nothing too bad.

I would not consider myself to be a credit whore because i don't go out of my way to ride a coaster that doesn't look great. When I go to a park I like to ride the coasters that I enjoy and I don't usually bother going on the kiddy coasters. I think I can prove this because I have been to Great Adventure 4 times and I have not yet ridden either side of Rolling Thunder or Black Beards Lost Treasure Train.

I care much more about the quality of the ride than the credit.

So at CP or GL, I went to Maverick and Dominator a second time versus the wildcat or the double loop.

Quality over quanity.

Yeah, I guess. My question to you would be had you already been on Wildcat or Double Loop when you decided on seconds of Maverick and Dominator?

If you'd ridden them before, then it wouldn't be another credit anyway.

If not, then you and I have different philosophies. I'd have gone with a first-ever ride on a coaster before a second ride on a known coaster. While it's true that just by looking, Maverick beats Wildcat and Dominator beats Double Loop, and in those cases, you chose wisely.

However, I've had MANY coasters that didn't look like much that became "surprise hits" on their respective trips. Kennywood's Jack Rabbit was almost passed by for another spin on Steel Phantom (that would've been a travesty!) and I almost drove right past MegaZeph on the way home from a long trip in favor of a good night's sleep before work the next day. It didn't look like much at all. I finally decided to run in quickly when I noticed the parking lot was nearly empty, ride the four coasters once each, then head home. That was the plan, anyway. FIVE HOURS LATER, I'm still riding MegaZeph. It was my #1 woodie until this year, when Voyage and Boardwalk Bullet beat it out.

For those who haven't ridden the kiddie coasters, you've likely missed a GREAT time....

the "High Speed Thrill Coaster" at Knoebels is a freakin BLAST.

Also, the more lame a kiddie coaster is, the more fun it can be. Some of my favorite ACE event moments are when they let us ride a kiddie coaster that is normally not allowed for adults. There are these full-grown adults, crammed into these tiny cars, some of us having to adopt advanced yoga positions just to get the lap bar to lock, and SCREAMING all through the ride like it was Top Thrill Dragster or something. Yes, it's retarded, but it's FUN and funny.

Also, since the train is carrying probably four times the passenger weight it was designed around, some of those turns can be pretty intense(!)

As for the parks that have a clone of a coaster you've been on somewhere else, but they won't let adults ride, it's not always a safety issue. These rides are often VERY low capacity because of tiny trains, few seats, and the added time to secure small children who don't think to fasten their own seatbelts, etc. Low capacity makes long lines, and long lines make kids and their parents irritable. Many parks keep the adults off the rides in order to give the kids a chance to ride without having half the seats taken up with parents, cousins, credit whores, etc.

Even when the park is dead, the rule is still there and the high-school ops follow it simply for fear of losing their jobs... or because it makes them feel powerful over you. Whichever.

I voted with the majority, before I took the Japan tour,

and later near the end of the tour, I found myself having to ride the kiddie coaster at Fuji-Q

because lines were very long on the two remaining bigger coasters (the rodents, Hamster and Mouse)

after alllll that time we spent in queues for DipDipWhatever and Eeeeeeeej!

So I had to ride Rock n Roll Duncan (seriously, that's it's name!) just to cover one of the three remaining credits to get. Thankfully, they let me (and others) ride it.

(Small but triumphant ka-ching.)

I've gotten to the point where I'm really not going to pay or wait for a kiddie coaster.

If it's like Ghost Town where we had ERT and there was no wait, yeah I'll get the credit.

But this year I was at CP two days in a row, and yet I still don't have the Jr Gemini or Woodstock credits. And frankly could care less.

I've gotten like 3 or 4 wacky worm credits and don't care if I get another one.

When I'm on my deathbed you won't hear me saying "Oh man. I should've gotten the Jr Gemini credit!"

While I have a decent amount of credits myself, I agree that one doesn't need a ton of credits to be considered an enthusiast. I think I became an enthusiast the day I rode my first coaster! It was all I could talk about and all I could think about for days.

Still, it was hard for me when I went to SFMM and my friends wanted to skip Ninja and a few others for time. The credit whore in me was defnitely grinding her teeth!