TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ I do kind of see what you mean, it does indeed look like that from some angles. Leviathan, like Wild Eagle is looking so much better in construction than in animation form. I would be really scared on this ride, with the slow (compared to Intamin's cable) lift hill (PMBO gets me every time). I am just imagining how insane the air time on the back row of this thing down the drop would be, I thought Silver Star's drop was awesome in the back row, this is taller and steeper.

Man, that drop is going to be intimidating when the train full of riders are looking down from the top. Imagine if Behemoth's drop really did end up as 85 degrees!

When you are riding any coaster, lean forward into the restraints while riding. The drops feel about 20 degree steeper. So Behemoth will feel like a 95 degree drop. I've tried it many times on several different coasters (the effect is most noticeable on straight drops) and it works every time.

But in regards to Leviathan, I can definitely say that I am now very impressed by the ride. It looks phenomenal now. It makes me really wish I had enough cash for both New Hotness and Leviathon.

I'm planning out my trip for next year and just realized that Canada's wonderland is less than 3 hours from my house. Shame on me for not getting there sooner!

That drop looks promising, I'll have to try to get back row my first ride.

The footers are complete now. They installed most of the brake run to almost the top of the lift. They've also completed the valley of the first drop up to almost the top of the first drop. The crown of the lift hill should be installed this week if weather co-operates if not, by the end of next week. Then the rest of the track will be put in place. I'll keep posting photo updates as constructions continues.

Has B&M ever done track like that towards the top of the drop?

This is the first time we've seen B&M use a spine this large, which is both for structure and to house the chain return inside. It's really not much off from the rest of the track, it just has a larger spine.