TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

This, Hershey and Dollywood. The holy coaster trinity trip 2012. I can't wait!

I think Thursday's announcement is going to be amazing just to see what B&M has up its sleeve for layout and train design. There's still a lot to find out!

I was thinking the exact same thing about Piers. I think there will be a bar up top serving beer before heading down....

I'm with you on this trip Jason ! Same with Nick some posts above

Here's to hoping it doesn't have the new, rattling trains! I imagine we'll see a new train type to further distinguish this from Behemoth (granted, there area parks like Hershey with two Intamins with identical trains). I wonder if we'll see OTSRs, or if B&M will keep it more gentle and stick with the clamshells? Can't wait to find out!

This is really kicking my Canada's Wonderland/New York/SFNE/Lake Componce trip into high gear!

I about fell off my seat when I saw the "giga" part.

Can it be true? Never, ever thought we'd see B&M heading in that direction--but if this is, in fact, what's going to happen...that's so unexpected...so interesting to see how it will be done...so awesome to see how it's going to differ from Behemoth...and...well, pardon me, but intelligent words are about to cease as I regress to a level of stereotypical teenage girl squealing.

Well if that tag is correct, and I'm going to go ahead and say it is, then my theory from an hour ago is dead in the water.....hello B&M giga

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if there's a pecking order in which B&M has their track delivered, whether it be just load it and go or furthest from the staging area first etc., but that piece on the truck looks to be the slanted brake runs that hold the LIMs. Could that be the rumored launch as well? I would assume they'd use LIMs instead of hydraulics

That would be the sloped brakerun & mag brakes.Carowinds Intimidator has an angled brake run that levels out as it turns into the station.

I'm glad people are going back to building enormous traditional coasters. It's amazing that the first two traditional gigacoasters opened a few months from each other and there wasn't another one for almost a decade. The rocket coasters are neat... but they don't hold a candle to traditional coasters.

Very cool, I'm super excited about this! Guess its finally time to get a passport.

On a side note, this is just weird as hell for me. I write fiction, and actually had my first novel published earlier this year. The sequel to that novel, and a novel my editor ultimately decided not to publish in lieu of another one I had written, had a theme park featured as a place of interest.

This fictional park was called Pine Island, and featured a pair of new roller coasters that led my protagonist there. One of those coasters was called Leviathan, and it was a 300 foot hyper built by a fictional version of B&M. I wrote this in September of 2010.

Not that that I think I'm prescient by any means, just wanted to share what I thought was a nifty and weird story.

The thing that gets me about the tags is that they say Rutherford. Rutherford Rd is the road on the complete opposite end of the park from where construction is happening.

So either this thing will span the park (unlikely) or Rutherford is some different thing and this is just a coincidence (likely)

The thing that gets me about the tags is that they say Rutherford. Rutherford Rd is the road on the complete opposite end of the park from where construction is happening.

So either this thing will span the park (unlikely) or Rutherford is some different thing and this is just a coincidence (likely)

Is there a gate off of that road that the trucks would enter through for the delivery? Something like the "Rutherford Road Gate"?

I completely agree that this ride could be the predecessor for CP in 2013.

I don't think this will be a traditional giga, since it will be too much like Behemoth. We'll find out soon enough, but since every 4D is well over 200 feet, I wouldn't be surprised to see this being B&M's first 4D coaster.

^ I highly doubt that B&M would want to build both their first coaster of this size AND their first ever 4D coaster in the same project. B&M are a bit more conservative for that.

While I do think it would be more than a bit "odd" to have two non-looping giant B&M coasters in one park, I guess I have to ask how bad would it be if they had two giant B&M non-looping coasters in the park?

I mean, Behemoth was really good and probably my favorite B&M hyper (and that actually says a LOT), and if this next one is just as good, is that really such a bad thing?

It's better than having a B&M invert and an SLC!

I mean, Behemoth was really good and probably my favorite B&M hyper (and that actually says a LOT), and if this next one is just as good, is that really such a bad thing?

It's better than having a B&M invert and an SLC!

Couldn't agree more. If it was just a giga out and back for example, I guess the record that Mr Kinzel is talking about breaking would probably be a length or airtime thing more then anything.

Just a little over 24hours remain. We will all find out at about 7am tomorrow morning, Eastern Time of course