TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

Deja Vu. Guess why.

Oh, and I didn't get on Ninja when I was at SFMM because we ran out of time and no one in my group seemed excited about it. I'm hoping to ride it some time this year.

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Tidal Wave and Z-Force at SFGAm because I was a little chicken in the '80s!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a view I had to skip because they were closed or I was too tall. But I've skipped/been forced to skip due to time:

-Woodstock Express, Dorney Park

-Wild Mouse, Fujikyu Highlands

-Hamtaro Coaster, Fujikyu Highlands

-Roller Dunkin' something, Fujikyu Highlands

-Dodonpa, Fujikyu Highlands

-Dainan "I think those are the only ones" Rafferty

I'd have to say Lighting Loops at Gadv. It's removed now but I was about to get on (first looping coaster) and some guy was like "Didn't some girl get killed on this?" Well I remembered hearing about that and I walked all the way back down..lol..Now I WISH I would have got on.

PKD, three I missed, one involuntarily, two because I'm not into pain. I missed Flight of Fear because for whatever reason it was closed the day I went (and wasn't on any of the signs around the park...hmm...). Also voluntarily skipped Hypersonic and Rebel Yell (backwards). Chuck (cfc) warned me that the break on XLC was VERY painful and considering I could hear the break through most of the park, I skipped it. After riding the forwards side of rebel yell I decided I had had enough pain for the day. Grizzly was bad enough, god knows I'll never forget that shed of death...

SFOT - B:TR, Shockwave, Flashback, Wile E. Coyote's Grand Canyon Blaster

SFSL - Ninja, Rockin' Roller

Beech Bend - Wild Mouse

Parc Asterix - Periferix (was Trans'Averne when I was there), Ronde des Rondins (was Serpentin when I was there)

Batman: The Ride, SFMM. We headed back that way, was within 20 feet of it's entrance when it dawned on us that it was time to leave as my sister's husband had work the next morning. (Why we did a 1-day trip to SFMM from the bay area is beyond me...we needed a couple days) Also, Monty at KBF. I was next in what line there wasn't when I noticed that it only had lapbars...which freaked me out so I skipped. (lol)

Lastly, which I just recently got them, was Vortex and Top Gun at GA. The last time I went there (Before I got my WOW card) I was headed toward Top Gun when my friends wanted to go elsewhere. So, I rode Tidal Wave instead (Which I'm glad I did.) And yes, I was kinda forced to get over the fact it only had lapbars.

Just on Saturday, I missed Dorney's mouse. That is my first big miss since becoming an enthusiast 2.5 years ago!

At that point I began to think, "Is credit whoring really worth it?" There are a lot of good coasters at Dorney and there I am trying to ride the Mouse which broke down while I was in line and when it reopened, the wait was longer than any other coaster's. So then I basically said, "it's not worth it."

The only operating non-kiddie/family coasters I have ever skipped at a park are because I was running out of time at a park:

Roller Soaker @ Carowinds

ThunderRoad (Backwards) @ Carowinds

American Eagle (Backwards) @ SFGAm

Roller Soaker @ HersheyPark (which I have gone back and ridden)

Exterminator at Kennywood (which I have gone back and ridden)

There are plenty of kiddie coasters I have skipped (some of which I have ridden since) and plenty of adult coasters that just were not open when I was at the park.

Red Devil - Ghost Town -- My friend told me not to visit the place and I was dumb enough to listen. Cost me a credit or two...but I'll get them soon enough.

Dollywood's mine coaster -- Had a chance to go to the park in the mid 90s, but passed it up (what was I thinking?)

That's pretty much it for me. I've started passing on a lot of kiddie credits, cause after all I really don't care about getting a wacky worm credit unless I'm with someone that wants it or something.

I miss credits all the time. I'm much more interested in fun experiences than any sort of artificial "count." So, if it's a model coaster that I've been on a couple of times before (at other parks) and know that I don't particularly care for (like, say, a Boomerang or an SLC), I skip it.

It's the same with obviously lame kiddie coasters. To me, it's just like not riding every scrambler that I see. But, if it looks particularly different or interesting (or sometimes if I just feel like it ), then I will. It all just depends.

Now, having said that, I will ride any coaster that's unique, no matter how bad its reputation is. Because I've really liked a few things that never have anything positive said about them (for example, Predator). But I never go out of my way to ride something that I know isn't going to contribute anything to my day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We used to go to SFGAm every summer when I was little, and I rode anything and everything I was tall enough for. I remember when Z-Force opened, and it looked, to my young eyes, like the coolest ride ever(!!!). But I was too short to ride it (by centimeters), so I had to stay behind while other people in our group rode. The next summer, I was tall enough, but the line was too long (according to my parents), so I wasn't able to ride. By the time I made it back to the park, it was gone! Argh - from what I've read about it, it wasn't that great, but it just looked so neat when I was young.

I also declined to go on High Roller in Vegas. I still can't decide if I regret that or not...

Even without counting the kiddies, I've still missed a decent number. My problem is that, although I'd love to get all the credits, I can never seem to justify passing up a great ride for a "meh" coaster just so I can say I rode it.

Cedar Point--Wildcat, Disaster Transport, Blue Streak (I really regret skipping Blue)

Kings Island--Reptar, Adventure Express, Italian Job

Also, back when coasters scared the crap out of me, Dollywood--Tennessee Tornado (Thunderhead was in the process of being built). I did do Blazing Fury though.

The last time at IOA in 2006 I didn't get on Dueling Dragons. I've been on Dueling Dragons before but starting with my next visit there I will make sure to always go on the Dueling Dragons. Also Superman the Escape in 2006 I was seated ready to go, broke down. Didn't get back to it later. This year I'll deffinately go on Superman to make up for missing it 2 years in a row! & more recently the Matterhorn. It was closed for 4 days end of January. When I go to the DLR again in the summer, I'll get to ride it then.