TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

Everyone at one point in time has thought of some sort of wicked way to ride a roller coaster, some examples are a Stand Up inverted coaster or having roller blades attached to the track and then taking them for a ride. I thought it would be cool to hear what some of your craziest coaster ideas are. Here are some of mine.

1: Floorless Wooden Coaster - I think that this would be an extremely fun way to ride, now if they can just make it happen!

2: Reversed Flying Coaster - Just take any Vekoma or B&M flyer train and flip it around, I think that would give a wicked ride.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about these:

1) Launched woodie

2) Woodie with spinning cars, like those on Spinning Dragons or Dragons Fury

3) Stand up floorless coaster. They did it on a drop tower, so why not on a coaster?

4) Launched standup

5)Take a Intamin first generation freefall (a la Demon Drop), and after the pullout onto your back, add a layout, with airtime hills, inversions, spirals...

I think a spinning coaster with inversions would be awesome. A spinning flyer would be cool too. A 300 ft. tall spinning coaster with a vertical drop. A ride that goes along the whole track sideways. Seats that do barrel rolls, similar to the X concept. A tilt coaster that flips forward 270 degrees so that the people flip upside down and then go down the vertical drop backwards! Suspended swinging seats through inversions. A huge ferris wheel that spins like those nauseating gyro ring rides.

While this isn't a coaster idea I always thought this idea of mine would be excellent. Make an Intamin drop tower with thirty seats and instead of the hub droping all at once, each individual seat randomly drops. That would be insane, never knowing who is next to go

While this isn't a coaster idea I always thought this idea of mine would be excellent. Make an Intamin drop tower with thirty seats and instead of the hub droping all at once, each individual seat randomly drops. That would be insane, never knowing who is next to go

I really think this would be insanley AWSOME!

Just don't hold hands...

I always thought that was cool on the Intamin 2nd Gen Drop towers that each side would drop at a different time. It looks cool, but implementing that on a 3rd gen would be a lot of mechanics...

As for a new coaster, I came up with an awesome element for an Inverted once...

Go up the lift hill, and then start going down like normal, but then enter half a zero-g roll (so you are upside down) then do the second half of a loop so you are all of a sudden going back under the lift towards the station then have a quick turnout and continue the ride. I have built this in RCT and it looks cool and people actually ride it...

And for whoever said the floorless Standup...Shame on you! Shame!

Stew...runs to hold his crotch...Dawg

• 2 years later...

Ive had alot of ride ideas in the past few weeks, and they kind of just suddenly hit me, and then I think about them and plan them out. And if you guys have any ideas I would like to hear yours to.

Idea #1 - Semi-Floorless Water Ride

The rotating boats that face inward to each other, like on Popeye and Congo River Rapids, I find to be very dull and boring, so I thought to improve this ride make it semi-floorless. If you face all the cars outward, and then have a floor below them that keeps the boyancee (sp?) but submerges underwater not to be seen to be given that feeling of floorless water rides would be awesome. Now I thought this all the way through, the floor below you would come out of the water when the station was reached so you can easily step onto it without the use of raising floors, and then the floor submerged underwater, extends a little further out in front of you so you can't hit walls or anything, though precaution would have to be used and install a lapbar that you pull down, though its thin so its not a bulging restraint, where you cant see your friends, and there would be padding on the whole restraint so any bumps or jerks would be minimal. And when the ride would reach a lift hill the floor would be exposed but only for the time its on the lift. I have a sketch of this idea, just keep in mind I am not very good at drawing. The car goes all the way around the peg in the middle, its just that I am terrible at front views.

Please critigue my ideas on what is bad good and rate them please. I would like to know what the public thinks.

EDIT: Haha it looks like thin restraints with pudding, sorry for the bad handwriting.

FloorlessIdea.jpg.e7882bc7869fda69484590ee974c9208.jpg

This shows the in water and in station modes.

An LIM launched bobsleigh

Not a stand-up wooden launched aquatrax?

I have a one...

Its kinda like a floorless wild mouse that swings as it goes around corners. It can also do vertical tracks and "upside down" tracks where the seats spin 180* to be "normal" again, causing masses of swings...

If only...

Thats a cool idea, what'd ya think of mine? Negative comments on it welcome, I would like the idea to be critigued to show whats wrong or anything, I tried to think of this as best I could...so Im just curious what others think.

In theory it would work, but if the centre of gravity is incorrect, there is a chance it could capsize...

It's a good idea, not that safe.

Ok what about this, If you make the extended floor thinner add some wheels and a track, put in a few rows, make people face one direction, and it was like Journey to Atlantis but floorless, or some other water ride, what do you think.

Pictures might be handy... but to be honest, water rides shouldn't be floorless unless they're facing inwards... At least then they wouldn't capsize...

Another one I thought about was a Ring of Fire type ride where not only the train spins, the entire track-thing it's on rotates over too!

Still, no new types of rollercoaster though...