TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little more news on Carowinds via Screamscape.

Apparently, at the 08 ACE Coaster Christmas, the PR guy from WOF revealed:

From http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/events/coasterchristmas08/index3.html

"Next up was Brandon Stanley (WOF PR) who filled us in on the progress of Prowler. He also stated that he just got back from corporate and got to see the Prowler commercials which are about finished. He stated the park will open April 18th in 2009, and that there might be a season passholder exclusive "viewing" of Prowler before the season.

He also stated that while at corporate he learned that several old "Paramount" parks are getting very big rides in the near future and that those announcements would be very early this coming season. Other things included Norsemann's will be redone and made into a "surf shop" and that the crate would reappear in the new Prowler Plaza. He also showed some concept art that has not been made public -- including a "previous considered layout" for Prowler."

Who knows what "something big" is but at least we can look forward to something!!

• 2 weeks later...

For YEARS there was rumor going around that the two Virginia theme parks ( BGE and Kings Dominion ) would set aside time where only families ( adults with children ) could enter their parks. Now this is one rumor that could be placed under "could have been possible". Back in 2006 the Virginia senator who was behind that state's anti-gay marriage admendment wanted to make it a law in Virginia where places like KD & BGE and other places like bowling, carnivals, parks, theatres, and so forth..under law would create a time where "only families can enter". Somewhat as to what Jeepers had been doing for years.

Now before people post messages and saying "..now thats a great idea..to keep it family friendly"..keep this in mind. ..the law would only apply to those who are legally married in the eyes of Virginia. In other words..kids whose parents are hetrosexual but not married...they wouldn't be allowed to enter. Nevermind gay couples with kids.

To make a long story short, that "law" never got passed the talking stage ( nor did the Virginia law that banned those who are gay from working in radio/TV within Virginia ) and even if it did I am sure KD and BGE would fight it in court.

Heck the jury is still out whether or not what Jeepers have been doing ( only allowing those with kids to enter ) is legal or not. After all on the federal level, I believe it is against the law to use the excuse "only those with child" as to whether or not they could enter. The excuse "to prevent child molestors" wont wash since it is a fact that most of those sickos are hetrosexual, married and have kids of their own. Check you local police reports.

Of course OTOH..if an adult did try to sue Jeepers ( or whoever ) over that rule, even though they could win, the press chances are would go after that person and question the motives ( "...why do you want to enter Jeepers..a place for kids in the first place?") Forget saying "..to get my credit". The average Joe would have no idea what you are talking about. much less radio talk show hosts like Michael Savage or Rush Limbaugh.

Here are some wild rumors about BGA

*Land of the Dragons closes the end of this year, becoming Sesame Street on Safari with new rides including a kiddie roller coaster.

*New 4d film coming

* Edge of Africa is going to have an opening and a bridge between Nairobi train station and rhino rally sometime this year

*Katonga is getting a remodel (whether it is script wise he does not know)

*rhino rally is being shut down in 2010 to make way for new 2011 coaster.

*2011 coaster is going to have its station in the old monorail building and shoot out over the serengeti and rr. This coaster is going to be a LIM B&M Hyper.

*Down the road Bird Gardens will become a new land possibly themed to Florida or Madagascar.

Land of the Dragons re-theme is very accurate

A bridge from Edge of Africa to between Nairobi Train Station and Rhino Rally? Why would they do that? And would that mean they would expand Edge of Africa? Unless it was right next to the train station, that wouldn't make sense. That boggles my mind.

And that would be a HUGE ride if the hyper shot out of the monorail station and went all the way to where Rhino Rally was.

I don't think they'd close down Rhino Rally. If anything they'd change it, maybe just making it a strict safari ride, like that at Animal Kingdom.

AND PLEASE not another failing 4D film, unless it's another version of DarKastle

Those rumors ARE wild.

Six flags may be considering bringing back Mr. Six. I've seen a few of the old ads on Youtube and I must say they were far more entertaining than anything Six Flags has made in recent years.

Showing old creative to people in focus groups is standard practice and means nothing. Don't read too much into this Screamscape tidbit.

It will be difficult to bring back a character that scares small children if the target audience for SF remains families.

*Land of the Dragons closes the end of this year, becoming Sesame Street on Safari with new rides including a kiddie roller coaster.

*New 4d film coming

* Edge of Africa is going to have an opening and a bridge between Nairobi train station and rhino rally sometime this year

*2011 coaster is going to have its station in the old monorail building and shoot out over the serengeti and rr. This coaster is going to be a LIM B&M Hyper.

*Down the road Bird Gardens will become a new land possibly themed to Florida or Madagascar.

They better find a buyer then. Also, what happened to the rumored Stanley Falls Flume rehab?

I can see Sesame Street coming though, along with a new 4d movie and Katonga remodel.

^I heard that it would either be removed or get a major refurbishment. With what has been going on with Six Flags lately, I think the second one is more likely. Although Iron Wolf is probably the next coaster to go as there is hardly ever much of a line, and it probably isn't a person's first looping coaster like Demon is.

*New 4d film coming

They better find a buyer then. Also, what happened to the rumored Stanley Falls Flume rehab?

I can see Sesame Street coming though, along with a new 4d movie and Katonga remodel.

I dunno what happened to that rumor. All I know is that they were planning to tear it down along with scorpion. And than I heard it was put on hold cause of the buyout. Who knows. I just think they plan a lot of things and pick which is the best choice for the next 2-5 yrs.

*BTW these rumors were posted on BGTguide.com

I heard that SFDK would be getting something to go next to Tony Hawk for this year because it was "lonely." Hmm...at 1st thought I was suspecting a new bathroom. Now I'm thinking it might be something semi big because of HRP closing. Especially since there is already a bathroom right near the area of Tony Hawk anyway.

Six flags may be considering bringing back Mr. Six. I've seen a few of the old ads on Youtube and I must say they were far more entertaining than anything Six Flags has made in recent years.

YAY!

"ONE FLAG! NO FLAGS! HALF A FLAG! SEVEN EIGHTHS OF A FLAG! SIX FLAGS! MORE FLAGS MORE FUN!!!" Is about to drive me insane...

This wasnt a rumour but it didnt end up happening..

There was a B&M dive machine on the way to aus.

It was cancelled but. Who knows where it is now..

Aw, what could have been..

There were even pictures of the track made in some warehouse! Hopefully movieworld get it or something. That would be way cool.

^Are you sure that wasn't Dive Machine track (or B&M track in general) meant for one of the already announced rides that currently are or were in fabrication? I know that Diamondback's track stirred up a whole lot of interest in the rumor field, and Manta's track didn't held to quiet things down either...

I'm pretty sure the mystery dive machine track was for a new Happy Valley park (same one with Fireball) in China since they are opening up a new dive machine this year. So unless a park is secretly building a B&M dive machine, this is the park.

Coaster (China's tallest): http://www.rcdb.com/id4224.htm

Park: http://www.rcdb.com/pd1731.htm