TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm 42 years old and have followed this park every year since it opened. I even worked there for a couple of years as a tram driver but that was many years ago. This park has only started construction this early on a new project once and that was the Mamba. I'm looking at the amount of land they have been working on and I simply can't see this project being a wooden coaster. I guess they could do a large out and back, but I simply don't see this park benefiting by adding another woodie. I can only hope it's a Maveric clone through the woods like the Zambi Zinger use to go. If anybody has info please let us know. This project looks huge and there's a ton of area back there for something big.

Oh yea Worlds of Fun, you also need some flats!

Could this link be true? Could Carowinds be getting a coaster in 2009?

There is construction that has started in the park between Borg and Goldrusher, but the location makes a boomerange seem very unlikely.

haha, a boomerang for Carowinds.... just what they need to spice up the park

^I'm going to Worlds of Fun in two weeks. where is this stuff located so I can take some pictures?

Snuggles, it is directly behind the old ZZ quarey house. It goes a long way back and over towards the Furry of the Nile. Very, Very large area. My dream is a Maverick style coaster that uses the same terrian as the ZZ used. This could be a huge deal for WOF.

^I'm going to Worlds of Fun in two weeks. where is this stuff located so I can take some pictures?

Snuggles, it is directly behind the old ZZ quarey house. It goes a long way back and over towards the Furry of the Nile. Very, Very large area. My dream is a Maverick style coaster that uses the same terrian as the ZZ used. This could be a huge deal for WOF.

Um, snuggles is another member that lives in Wichita lol. I'm the smartestcoasterkidever! (How ironic). But right now my camera is being dumb. I put in new batteries and it dies within ten seconds. Canon Powershot. Oh well I'll take pics for everyone to see regardless of if I get it fixed. I have my phone

For what it's worth, in speaking with a handful of different monorail pilots this past weekend, the consensus rumor was that WDW is finally seriously considering expanding the monorail lines to link up the the other two parks.

Although I'm excited at the possibility, I'm still seriously doubting it'll happen anytime soon.

Although I'm excited at the possibility, I'm still seriously doubting it'll happen anytime soon.

Although that would be SO AWESOME, I can't see it ever happening. Not when they could nearly build a fifth gate for what it would cost to build out the monorail.

Edit: So, Scott, if they build a monorail loop around all 4 parks are you going to go all Mantis Man and ride the loop 20,000 times?

^^But I also don't see a fifth gate anytime soon either, so I wouldn't consider it impossible to see them link up MGM and AK. Providing an easier alternative to get to those parks could entice more people to go during their visit.

The *proposed* addition would spur off of Epcot (think about that unnecessarily long exit ramp already there), and link up MGM, AK and possibly the AK Lodge.

Several of the pilots mentioned different "curious" minor construction projects that have been going on lately that *might* suggest this is a possibility.

Still, I have my doubts, but I'm not ruling it out. A fifth gate is pointless when two of the parks could use some serious TLC first.

^^But I also don't see a fifth gate anytime soon either, so I wouldn't consider it impossible to see them link up MGM and AK. Providing an easier alternative to get to those parks could entice more people to go during their visit.

Yeah, but is the transportation situation really such that they should spend all that money? If they want more guests in DHS and AK, why not put the money into the parks?

I mean I'd love the monorail extension and would go again just to see how it works. But I'm not sure it's the most optimal use of their money considering what else they could do it with.

I thought Disney started to introduce "Green" busses, but most of their fleet is still traditional. I think they're gradually switching out their busses, instead of just replacing all of them at once.

I could be wrong though.

I heard that Kennywood is getting a new steel roller coaster for 2009 and that it will use the valley next to the racer (It's a pretty deep valley. )

Considering the sale to Parques Reunidos, it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true, although I currently feel that it's just the baseless Kennywood speculation that keeps coming up every year.

If that is, in fact, true, we should see some sort of construction starting soon.

For those who don't know, here is the valley he is talking about. I could see it happening, there seems to be enough room behind Racer and over near Log Jammer. The only concern I have with it would be, how would the added noise affect the picnic shelters near Log Jammer. That would seem to disrupt the peacefulness and tranquility of the area, unless the coaster is fairly small.

kwvalley.JPG.fd493d51849aec2a8bea58013baf730b.JPG

Valley behind Racer, Jack Rabbit, and the Log Jammer.