TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my current theory, take Green Lantern at SfGadv, take out the standup trains, add floorless trains, and replace the inclined loop and hop twisty thing right after it with a Zero G Roll. I think the floorless trains could handle that layout.

I like it as a stand-up though. Floorless trains would just make it into another generic B&M. I'm pretty sure the main reason it feels more intense than Bizarro is because you're standing.

Found this on the Kentucky Kingdom Thread.

Insiders are telling MBB that Ed Hart is asking engineers to take on a big project at Kentucky Kingdom. Hart envisions taking the existing wooden roller coaster, Thunder Run, and connecting its 3,000 linear feet to a new wooden roller coaster, scheduled to debut in 2016, to create the world’s longest wooden coaster

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/2014/01/06/monday-business-briefing-lousy-time-health-care-edition-problems-baptist-hospital-systems/

I like having ideas. Here's some I had over these past years:

- A launched flying coaster. That's pretty self-explanatory. It's a flying coaster (picture Stingray) with a hammer launch. The idea came from RideTek and their Thor's Hammer concept, but with it being a flying coaster, I think it adds a thrill.

- An Arm-Lift coaster. A more thrilling version of the famous Vekoma's tilt coaster. A giant arm slowly rises up high in the air, from -45° to a pure 90°!

That ride also introduced the Overcurve, a new inversion of mine. It alos features a Banana roll, because I though of that move before Takabisha was build, and I still think it's a cool element.

- A splash battle/Interactive ride mega mash-up. See the pic for description.

- A Indoor Giant Screen Freefall Ride. Again, see the pic for further infos.

- A 3S-carried coaster. What's better for a terrain coaster than to take a ropeway?

- The Interactive Bracelet (no pic, it's just a plastic bracelet). Here's the description as I wrote it back when I imagined the concept :

The visitors entering the park receive a small wristband.

This strap is called “The adventurer bracelet”. It consists of a watch-like plastic band, with a RFID chip strapped inside. Each chip is linked to a profile, where the data can be seen online by the visitor, via an app or a webpage (password protected). A flash code is printed and acts as a short link.

The goal of this device is to give the opportunity for the visitor to be part of the action, and become a player. The bracelet interacts with terminals, located all around the park. Each time a bracelet is connected to a terminal, a trophy is added to the visitor’s profile. For instance, the visitor discovers a hidden fountain. A terminal is on its side; he checks and receives a trophy:

[“I found King Borean’s magical fountain”]

It can also give you a trophy after riding a ride, saves your score in an interactive dark-ride, etc.

Then I saw what Disney did with their Magic Band... It's basically that!! And WhiteWater West did it too. Although they can't have stole that from me, as I haven't put that on the web beforehand, it's still quite infuriating.

- The Interactive Coaster. Two options. Either you can have an interative coaster that give you a score at the end of the ride (that you could save with the Interactive Bracelet), or two racing ones. And with the racing coasters, the whole ride would change its behavior according to your performance.

No guns here, but your hands. You'll have a camera in front of each two riders (as seen on BlueFire for instance, or many other rides), and it will be able to tell if you have your hands up or not. The more you'll have your hands in the air, the more you'll score!

For the dueling version, either it's a powered coaster and so the speed is fully flexible, or either it would be a coaster with a bunch of launch sections (such as Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World) that could change their speed as well.

I send that idea to Mack Rides (could be a cheap way to bring a ride to a new level), but they replied that it would not be possible due to the laws and restrictions which prohibit putting your hand out of the train. Well.

Alright, I think it's enough for now.

How about a flying coaster that flips down and becomes an inverted coaster during a MCBR?

No.

Those leg restraints would not work well with the inverted design. It'd be like a vekoma to the legs.

My idea would never come true, but I don't see how the leg restraints would make the ride less comfortable. And if a ride like I described was ever designed, I'm sure they could easily find a way to make the leg restraints unlock during the transition from flyer to invert.

I wish I got to this thread sooner!! I have so many ideas...

- Cedar Point needs a boardwalk extending onto Lake Erie. It will hold several flat rides (maybe a Zamperla Air Race ), a Gravity Group wooden roller coaster like Twister at Gröna Lünd, and a few compact coasters. There would also be a major night-time show here, instead of the night show that replaced WildCat.

-Six Flags Great America has two New Orleans sections - Orleans Place and Mardi Gras. In my opinion that's a bit redundant. I think the Orleans Place area needs to become a DC Comics area. It already features Superman: Ultimate Flight and the Dark Knight coaster. I think the Condor ride should be moved to another location in the park, the Rue Le Dodge becomes Gotham City Traffic Jam, and another flat-ride will be added (I'm thinking a Larson Roundup/Zero Gravity ride, but not themed after Wonder Woman).

- A Larson Fireball ride with Intamin half-pipe cars would be amazing.

- There should be a Discovery/Frisbee ride, but instead of a circular car, there should be a giant board with two spinning cars attached to it (like a half-pipe car on a pendulum). There would be much more spinning.

- I think there should be a flying coaster constructed with a vertical loading station. This would be a one-car ride. This way, there will be no need to create a system that causes the cars to "flip" to flying position - if the station is vertical, the cars will already be in a flying position. Following the station will be a vertical lift hill.

-I think there should be a launched ZacSpin. Instead of a chain-lift, the cars will be launched to the top of the coaster.

- There should be a Euro Fighter with one car facing forwards and the other car facing backwards.

-There should be an Intamin Spinning Star ride, but instead of going down slowly, it should drop riders like a standard freefall tower.

- This is an idea I came up with that should NOT be put into existence...when I was in third grade I think, I came up with the concept of the "kneeling coaster" where you kneel instead of sitting. I thought this was so cool when I was little, but now...just no...

-Six Flags Great America has two New Orleans sections - Orleans Place and Mardi Gras. In my opinion that's a bit redundant. I think the Orleans Place area needs to become a DC Comics area. It already features Superman: Ultimate Flight and the Dark Knight coaster. I think the Condor ride should be moved to another location in the park, the Rue Le Dodge becomes Gotham City Traffic Jam, and another flat-ride will be added (I'm thinking a Larson Roundup/Zero Gravity ride, but not themed after Wonder Woman).

That seems like a pretty good idea. I think the only problem would be that the signature DC themed ride, B:TR, would not be in that section. What about transforming Yankee Harbor into Gotham City (rename V2 Mr. Freeze or something like that), and transforming Orleans place into Metropolis, or something Superman Related?

- This is an idea I came up with that should NOT be put into existence...when I was in third grade I think, I came up with the concept of the "kneeling coaster" where you kneel instead of sitting. I thought this was so cool when I was little, but now...just no...

Like that?

Vekoma has unveiled a new coaster concept called Dragon Fly. Riders are tilted forward in a kneeling position on this family swinging flying coaster, pictured here.

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1554/New_coaster_concepts_from_Vekoma.html

I think there should be a launched ZacSpin. Instead of a chain-lift, the cars will be launched to the top of the coaster.

The prototype was launched, and the whole concept was to make them launched. Nobody bought them though, that's why them started to be made with chains.

^ Oh god! It's using the old style OTSR's! Poor Intamin employees!

- Cedar Point needs a boardwalk extending onto Lake Erie. It will hold several flat rides (maybe a Zamperla Air Race ), a Gravity Group wooden roller coaster like Twister at Gröna Lünd, and a few compact coasters. There would also be a major night-time show here, instead of the night show that replaced WildCat.

Cedar Point doesn't own too much lake as mentioned at CP discussion thread a couple of months ago.

I'm picturing an inverted dive machine

Like that?

Vekoma has unveiled a new coaster concept called Dragon Fly. Riders are tilted forward in a kneeling position on this family swinging flying coaster, pictured here.

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1554/New_coaster_concepts_from_Vekoma.html

Oh nooooooo...

Actually my idea was like Arrow looping coaster trains and the layout was like a standard Arrow looper...

That seems like a pretty good idea. I think the only problem would be that the signature DC themed ride, B:TR, would not be in that section. What about transforming Yankee Harbor into Gotham City (rename V2 Mr. Freeze or something like that), and transforming Orleans place into Metropolis, or something Superman Related?

I like that idea, but at the same time too many DC areas will take away from the "America" feel. They already would have Whirligig to become the Crime Wave though, and East River Crawler could be replaced with a good flat ride...

Guys, flying a wing coaster isn't any different than flying on a normal flyer...

The pretzel loop might be a little scarier, since you wouldn't have the track directly above you. That's the only place I could see it making a difference.

My crazy idea...build the longest tallest, fastest coaster in the world in Delaware. Build it in a place that would not give you any issues with heights due to proximity to airports. Since DE only had two entries in RCDB, it would attract some local investors to give their state some tourism dollars, drawing in people from all over the country to ride this amazing coaster. It would have a lower speed section too, allowing for loops and corkscrews. That way it would hold onto more records.