TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I noticed the word "shorter" went missing from your quote.

I went to KI last month and got to see the site in front of the Crypt (when you could still see the dirt). I guess I just wanted to mention that to feel a little special. GO KI!

Also to mention....there is already green grass growing!

I went last night for the fireworks and shows. It wasn't too too crowded...I just went on the Racer (Red) and SoB.

My SoB ride was at 10:10PM...it was breath taking approaching the lift hill and seeing the fireworks not only right infront of you....but allll over the distance, from the left to the right. It was a front seat ride, it was smooth...and the ride is slowly growing on me. It's just a great time and a sure stop by when I go to KI.

-JZ

You guys aren't going to believe this...

BUT! I ran into my aunt and uncle today down at my brother's bball game right by the Ohio river. They live just on the other side in KY. My uncle is an engineer and of course I had to bring up theme parks and my recent news of the DL trip. Well, he mentioned that the Swiss designer, from B&M had rented a house for a year next door to them! Unbelievable!

Here's what I learned:

-It's going to have a splash down at the beginning or end

-It's going to have a drop as big as 200ft

-It's going to go all over the park

-Steel will begin to be put up at the end of July

-Main track work wants to be finished by winter

I'm trying to find out more details! Maybe I can go down and meet him!

-JZ

"as big as 200ft"? I'd hope 200ft would be the minimum. Preferably 230+ ft.

KI is one of the last major parks without a hyper - so I sure hope it is one even with a splash gimmick.

"as big as 200ft"? I'd hope 200ft would be the minimum. Preferably 230+ ft.

KI is one of the last major parks without a hyper - so I sure hope it is one even with a splash gimmick.

Son Of Beast is a wooden hyper, but not a very good one.

This is definitely getting me excited. I go to school in Cincy, but have yet to go to King's Island unfortunately. I'm definitely going to have to try to go when I get back down there for next school year.

On a side note, JZ, were you at Riverstar Sportsplex for your brother's game by any chance? My brother had a tournament there and it's right on the river across the highway from Coney Island.

This is definitely getting me excited. I go to school in Cincy, but have yet to go to King's Island unfortunately. I'm definitely going to have to try to go when I get back down there for next school year.

On a side note, JZ, were you at Riverstar Sportsplex for your brother's game by any chance? My brother had a tournament there and it's right on the river across the highway from Coney Island.

Yeah, I was! I had the mohawk

Guys...James guaranteed this B&M, now I am. It's a B&M.

A big thing I think people are missing about this ride is the whole lake area cleared. It goes allll the way back up to the Eiffel Tower and by Blacklot. I think it will take a splash, turn right and head up there for another bunny hop and like....a helix or something. There's a LOT more room than you guys might think.

How do we know it's a beemer?

Could it be Intamin or S&S?

What type of other coaster's besides Beemers have splashdowns?

I know it's a longshot to be another brand but nothings keeping another company from using a splasdown, 5-6 companies build(built) hypers, nothing's keeping 5-6 companies from using splashdowns.

I haven't kept updated on this just coming back from vacation, do we have a info-release date yet?

JZ you need to go and talk to him/them. This is definately making me feel exhilerated. I also didn't know it's supossed to go over to the carousel!! That's amazing. I can't wait to get up their and survey the markings and the land and I cant wait to see what B&M has instore for us.

While I am not saying that those stats are not true, I just find it odd the guy randomly volunteered that information? He is probably bound by some sort of non disclosure agreement. Perhaps he was just messing around? Or perhaps he was giving out all the information he can without getting fired or sued? Guess we will know for sure soon enough...

I think he's just giving out as much as he can without getting fired etc. So far, it seems like everything he said is bound to happen. We have the watersplash planned out, its likely a hyper, and I've seen land getting cleared all over the park, so it's entirely possible that this thing will be enormous! Maybe a new record breaker?