TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Frisbee

I was wondering what you think. What is your favorite type of frisbee. What park is it at and who makes it. If you can, post the statistics of the ride even a picture.

I can't seem to choose between the KMG Afterburner and the Huss Giant Frisbee.

Does any one know if the Chance Morgan Revolutions are any good?

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden the Huss Frisbee that was at SFGAdv, the Psyclone at Canada Wonderland, and Knoebel's Fandango. I've also ridden the KMG Afterburners at Dorney and Hersheypark.

Of the 4 different models/manufacturers, I like Knoebel's and the original Huss Frisbee the best. The rest are boring- you always point in the same direction on the apex of each swing. Therefore, you must get the "right" seat to maximize the thrill factor. With the original Huss Frisbee and Knoebel's Fandango (Moser Rides Sidewinder), there is no "right" seat- no matter where you sit, you always get the best thrill out of the ride.

How many of these "Favorite ______________" threads do we need?

Does anyone else think they are kind of pointless or do people like them?

--Robb

I know where you are going with this. However, the current threads don't bother me at all. It is interesting to see some of these pictures of the "best" whatever's. But if there is ever a "What is your favorite 'favorite' topic", that is where I would draw the line. Then again, it is all subjective.

I've ridden the Huss Frisbee that was at SFGAdv, the Psyclone at Canada Wonderland, and Knoebel's Fandango. I've also ridden the KMG Afterburners at Dorney and Hersheypark.

Of the 4 different models/manufacturers, I like Knoebel's and the original Huss Frisbee the best. The rest are boring- you always point in the same direction on the apex of each swing. Therefore, you must get the "right" seat to maximize the thrill factor. With the original Huss Frisbee and Knoebel's Fandango (Moser Rides Sidewinder), there is no "right" seat- no matter where you sit, you always get the best thrill out of the ride.

The rides at Dorney and Hershey are actually built by Chance Morgan in conjunction with KMG. Those rides have 32 seats and spins rather slow. On www.flatrides.com they are known as Revolution 32.

The original KMG Afterburners with 24 seats, known as Fireball in the US, spins alot faster and gives a much more exciting ride. They also seem to go a bit higher than the Chance Revolution 32, although I cant confirm that. It really proves that bigger isnt always better. Of the few frisbee rides I have been on, this is definately my favorite.

I don't know if it's just me, but Thorpe's Vortex was really good (though I've only been on it once), other favourites include that ^^^^model Freakout, rode it last year in Czech Rep. the program was really great, but almost too spinny.

Also the in-and-out-house frisbee at PowerPark is also one of my favourites.

I'd love to try a HUSS Giant Frisbee sometime.

I have only rode a Technical Park Street Fighter, and a Intamin Gyro Swing (The Claw) For the size, speed and power, I would have to go for the Claw.

- Street Fighter

28450.jpg

28452.jpg

- The Claw

The Street Figher version looks like it is made out of big Legos.

I have been on a KMG Afterburner and a KMG Freakout.

The Afterburner was way more intense, and the forces actually gave me a weird feeling like my ribs were bending. I think I read somewhere that Afterburners can get up to around 5.2 g's because of their faster spin.

Freakout.jpg.18a0e906d0ea806c6167f84373d2beca.jpg

KMG Freakout

Afterburner.JPG.0214706bfb2945d98eca4c22370c2ed6.JPG

KMG Afterburner

Not a fan of flat rides.

I've been on Thorpe's shamefull reject, Lightwater Valley's deathly claw (both afterburners? i dunno...) and Dryaton Manors Malestrom. (not a clue what these are called). Oh, and a fairground one somewhere which was tiny and meh and whatever. (i think it was a freakout?)

Thorpe's can die and go to hell. It's pathetic, useless, it's cycle sucks, it's tiny, it's a waste of space and for some reason always has a long queue. And it makes me feel sick. Antyhing that is boring AND sickly, must be burned.

Lightwater Valley's was so impossibly intense. I have never felt so i'll in all my life. I don't like flat rides, but if you do then this thing is amazing. It spins soo much, the cycle goes on forever and it stops and starts, spins in every which way and generally is a vomit machine of death. I don't like it, but i know it's good for what it is... type thing.

Drayton Manors thing with the outside seating was so boring. Everyone was saying it was amazing... what the hell? It was lame.

I'm sure the huge versions of Malestrom are fun, but nothing more.

Screaming Swing please.