TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coolest station you've seen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Indiana Jones (DLA). One of the bamboo poles inside the pyramid is actually rubber and can bend if you move it. I totally love scaring the living crap out of people who don't know it's supposed to be like that. A dad started to yell at me that I was vandalizing or something (I forget exactly what he said). Priceless!

1- Journey to the Center of the Earth(DisneySea)

Easily the best and most heavily themed queue and station.

2- Dueling Dragons(IOA) & Tower of Terror(DisneySea)

3- Expedition Everest(WDW)

Worthy mentions: Revenge of the Mummy(USO), Indiana Jones Adventure(DisneySea)

I agree with Knott's Disney Farm in that Indiana Jones Adventure has a great loading area. Show-wise this particular area is called the Motor Pool, the entry to the Hall of Promise and the Chamber of Destiny. The theming is wall to wall and the flickering lights and roars of the engines really sets the mood for the ride ahead. I'm so looking forward to my shifts there next week. After 2 years of working at Indy the mood of the ride really makes me love working there. Working at Thunder can be quite hot at times so the AC is also nice at Indy.

• 9 months later...

Giant Dipper--I love the classic feel.

X2--Something about it just helps me get excited for the ride. It resembles an airplane hangar, which is probably the basis for why I like it so much. Airplanes rock, after all!

"Is everybody in? ... Is everybody in?" (I actually love hearing that!)

Batman: The Ride--It's dark and kind of enclosed. Somehow that's appealing to me. I just hope the Batfan is never on when I'm around.

I love Hydras station its so open and the control booth is very sleek and after work a coaster i wish more control booths had the wrap around window so there are no posts obstructing you view heres a photo to show you what I'm talking about.

Picture1jj.png.b1c2595cfb02cc793651ead0017618f6.png

Working Maverick those post do get in the way

Apart from RoTM as seen above, 2 of my favourites from little ol' England are; (Sorry for the poor pictures, will get some better ones on my next trips)

Vampire

Thirteen

Also noteworthy mentions are Nemesis and Dragon Falls stations.

• 1 year later...

Just revived a DEAD thread.

I like the station in Flight Deck @ CGA since it is outdoors and the "station fly-by" turn goes right near the station. Also, when you're on the ride, look to the right on that turn before the corkscrew and it seems that you're flying by the station.

I absolutely love the queue and station buildings for Lightning Racer. They have such a beautiful classic feel with arches, cupolas and other thoughtful details.

I like stations of any age with old-school elements like latticework, carnival lights or interesting design or architecture. Some of the "futuristic" stations are attractive as well.

This post is a shrine to the best station ever created.

Listen to this song as you look at the pictures:

1753236362_f4ee7b296e_o.jpg.d617d849cdd67f9fd123cf1add0d2236.jpg

A look at the outside of the best station evaa... Photo from Flickr.

355934202_RiddlerStation.jpg.110fe77170d328b204b86d4cc22866b1.jpg

Before the guests flood the station... Photo from TPR.

395109140_d02c33aee3_b.jpg.3828a2603a0cb3214e165a8ab00a4820.jpg

Confused GP's try to navigate the odd shaped station and figure out what row they're in. Believe me, it's actually very difficult... Photo from Flickr.